Fitz calls his shot -Update Signed w/Jets

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25480755/key-nfl-dates-for-2016-franchise-or-transition-tag-deadline-is-march-1

July 15: 4 p.m. ET, deadline for any club that designated a Franchise Player to sign such player to a multiyear contract or extension. After this date, the player may sign only a one-year contract with his prior club for the 2016 season, and such contract cannot be extended until after the club's last regular season game.

quite a dill pickle

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, the tag is free to use on someone else now that he signed the extension

Wasn't the rule in the past that the Bills would lose the tag for as long as he was on the team?

i think that's only if the player signs after July 15th and is playing on the tag

From what I've read, the way it works now is that if a player isn't extended by July 15th, he plays out the year under the franchise tag and becomes an UFA at the end, unless he works out an extension or gets tagged again. I think though that in the past, a player who signed an extension before July 15th would cause the team to lose the tag for the time he is with the team.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/177306434/ryan-fitzpatrick-jets-free-agent-bills-bledsoe

JETS' QB SITUATION IS PRETTY FITZ'ED UP

By Ross Tucker

He is making analogy between when Bills cut Bledsoe and Jets without Fitzpatrick have no chance of playoffs.

In my mind, it's not about the money, even though the current standoff between the Jets and Fitzpatrick is, yes, about the money. Both sides have defensible logic for their positions, which have been discussed ad nauseam to this point: Fitzpatrick wants to be respected and appreciated for breaking the franchise record for touchdown passes last year and get something in line with the deals awarded to Sam Bradford and Brock Osweiler, who didn't play nearly as well as Fitzpatrick did. The Jets don't feel like they should overpay based on the contracts doled out by a couple of other teams and believe that the market has spoken as it relates to Fitzpatrick's worth.
The problem with the Jets' predicament is that at this point they have to sign Fitzpatrick. Every prominent member of the organization -- including owner Woody Johnson, general manager Mike Maccagnan and Bowles -- have made it abundantly clear that Fitzpatrick is their best option at quarterback and the team's Plan A for that position.

Fitz is not an average starter, and never has been. At best he is a functional starting qb. I do consider him an average backup qb. A role that fits him very well. Would the Jets prefer that he return to the team? In their price range, yes. Will they up their offer? They will if Fitz becomes more realistic with what he wants to get. Outside of the Jets I don't know of any team interested in him. Fitz was an economics major at Harvard. He knows as well as anyone that the market will ultimately determine his value. So far the market is silent. That is a loud testament to his value.

Functional and average seem synonymous. Fitz is done. He ain't playing for chump change and no one is paying elite for pick six.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25480755/key-nfl-dates-for-2016-franchise-or-transition-tag-deadline-is-march-1

July 15: 4 p.m. ET, deadline for any club that designated a Franchise Player to sign such player to a multiyear contract or extension. After this date, the player may sign only a one-year contract with his prior club for the 2016 season, and such contract cannot be extended until after the club's last regular season game.[/size]

Thank you.

When fitz isn't playing next year the haters will decry he sucks and always sucked. I will laugh. Clearly he sucks. He would start for the Jets if he lowered his money but he knows his worth and shouldn't have to budge. Why should he?

When fitz isn't playing next year the haters will decry he sucks and always sucked. I will laugh. Clearly he sucks. He would start for the Jets if he lowered his money but he knows his worth and shouldn't have to budge. Why should he?

Because he sucks. Why is a 1982 pinto worth less than a 2016 Ferrari ?

Not sure about that or what an '82 Pinto would be worth because they stopped making them after 1980.

Embarrassingly I inherited one and always had a soft spot for the bomb. Even though it was latter ruled to be as safe as every other car in its class.

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan

Reality starting to set in for a certain WR?

Brandon Marshall: Jets would be ok without Ryan Fitzpatrick

http://nypost.com/2016/05/10/brandon-marshall-jets-dont-need-ryan-fitzpatrick/

This was the pertinent quote re: Fitz:

“We still have some time, and I know we’ll get the best thing done for both parties,” Marshall added. “It’ll all work itself out, brother.”

This one was a laugher:

“I haven’t been around Hackenberg much, but he seems like a pro,” Marshall said.

Not sure about that or what an '82 Pinto would be worth because they stopped making them after 1980.

Embarrassingly I inherited one and always had a soft spot for the bomb. Even though it was latter ruled to be as safe as every other car in its class.

A ranter never lets facts interfere with their irrational raving.