Trump vs Clinton: Pre Convention matchup

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for in the General Election?

• Clinton
    • Trump

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny, in Canada and Quebec which is considered way to the left, we require ID cards to vote. I don't get why this was never in place from the beginning.

There are no black people in Canada to disenfranchise. Duh

Edited by Chef Jim

I'll throw this here.........................no real surprise.......................it's just how it works out in the media.

I hope no one gets confused by the article............... :rolleyes:

Former Facebook Workers: We Routinely Suppressed Conservative News

by Michael Nunez

Facebook workers routinely suppressed news stories of interest to conservative readers from the social network’s influential “trending” news section, according to a former journalist who worked on the project. This individual says that workers prevented stories about the right-wing CPAC gathering, Mitt Romney, Rand Paul, and other conservative topics from appearing in the highly-influential section, even though they were organically trending among the site’s users.

Several former Facebook “news curators,” as they were known internally, also told Gizmodo that they were instructed to artificially “inject” selected stories into the trending news module, even if they weren’t popular enough to warrant inclusion—or in some cases weren’t trending at all. The former curators, all of whom worked as contractors, also said they were directed not to include news about Facebook itself in the trending module.

In other words, Facebook’s news section operates like a traditional newsroom, reflecting the biases of its workers and the institutional imperatives of the corporation. Imposing human editorial values onto the lists of topics an algorithm spits out is by no means a bad thing—but it is in stark contrast to the company’s claims that the trending module simply lists “topics that have recently become popular on Facebook.”

These new allegations emerged after Gizmodo last week revealed details about the inner workings of Facebook’s trending news team—a small group of young journalists, primarily educated at Ivy League or private East Coast universities, who curate the “trending” module on the upper-right-hand corner of the site. As we reported last week, curators have access to a ranked list of trending topics surfaced by Facebook’s algorithm, which prioritizes the stories that should be shown to Facebook users in the trending section. The curators write headlines and summaries of each topic, and include links to news sites.

The section, which launched in 2014, constitutes some of the most powerful real estate on the internet and helps dictate what news Facebook’s users—167 million in the US alone—are reading at any given moment.

http://gizmodo.com/former-facebook-workers-we-routinely-suppressed-conser-1775461006

Superdelegates Risk a Third Political Party if Bernie Sanders Isnt the Democratic Nominee

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/superdelegates-third-political-party-bernie-sanders_b_9867194.html

Never gonna happen. If Bernie really cared about beating Hillary, he'd actually fight her instead of giving Hillary-favorable soundbites like "Enough about the damn emails already."

Bernie is just sparring to get Hillary ready for Trump.

Never gonna happen. If Bernie really cared about beating Hillary, he'd actually fight her instead of giving Hillary-favorable soundbites like "Enough about the damn emails already."

Bernie is just sparring to get Hillary ready for Trump.

I think over the course of the campaign it proved to be an effective strategy on his part. Hes known as the straight shooter of either primary, and taken that %@$% Hillary a lot deeper than anyone thought Edited by truth on hold

B-Man's FB post furthers my theory that FaceBook makes one stupid and destroys one's ability to think for him/her self.

My Facebook theory is that it attracts the stupid, who then feed off each other, feeding a stoopid snowball that has cascaded into a mass of asshattery whose whole is greater than the sum of the asshats

My Facebook theory is that it attracts the stupid, who then feed off each other, feeding a stoopid snowball that has cascaded into a mass of asshattery whose whole is greater than the sum of the asshats

I like it :).

Especially the snowball part.

Anyone think Bernie is hanging around racking up more States, because he has good information the email scandal may bring her down?

No.

Deranged Rhino might...but honestly, that's a conspiracy theory that's probably too stupid even for him.

Anyone think Bernie is hanging around racking up more States, because he has good information the email scandal may bring her down?

No. Bernie is Hillary's sparring partner until she gets the nomination so she is prepared for the general. Period. Two people trying to get Hillary to the WH. Nothing more. Nothing less.

No. Bernie is Hillary's sparring partner until she gets the nomination so she is prepared for the general. Period. Two people trying to get Hillary to the WH. Nothing more. Nothing less.

the only way that makes sense is if they think the more time Billary goes head to head w/ Trump, the more ground she loses. And theyre just trying to minimize it. Who knows, could be. Just finding it somewhat inexplicable how Bernie is still hanging around, not backing off.

The other explanation is he does the truly ballsy thing and decides to run as independent. Which begs the non-obvious question: does he take more votes from trump or Hillary? Since id likely vots for trump, but would consider bernie, and never Billary...the only potential in my case is he takes a vote from trump.

Edited by truth on hold