Trump vs Clinton: Pre Convention matchup

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for in the General Election?

• Clinton
    • Trump

POLITICO: Swing-state stunner: Trump has edge in key states.

“New swing-state polls released Wednesday by Quinnipiac University show Trump leading Clinton in Florida and Pennsylvania — and tied in the critical battleground state of Ohio. In three of the states that matter most in November, the surveys point to a race much closer than the national polls, which have Clinton pegged to a significant, mid-single-digit advantage over Trump, suggest.” Trump’s not a typical GOP candidate, which means that traditional election models won’t work very well.

Its this kind of answer that makes me think that even a flawed candidate like Trump has a chance.........

Quinnipiac poll question: The old way of doing things no longer works and we need radical change. Strongly/somewhat agree:

FL - 71%

OH - 73%

PA - 72%

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

“New swing-state polls released Wednesday by Quinnipiac University show Trump leading Clinton in Florida and Pennsylvania — and tied in the critical battleground state of Ohio. In three of the states that matter most in November, the surveys point to a race much closer than the national polls, which have Clinton pegged to a significant, mid-single-digit advantage over Trump, suggest.” Trump’s not a typical GOP candidate, which means that traditional election models won’t work very well.

Its this kind of answer that makes me think that even a flawed candidate like Trump has a chance.........

Quinnipiac poll question: The old way of doing things no longer works and we need radical change. Strongly/somewhat agree:

FL - 71%

OH - 73%

PA - 72%

Pennsylvania has the GOP's proverbial white whale for the last quarter century.

That said, if Pennsylvania flips, Trump will likely run the gauntlet of swing states to an easy victory

FL - 71%

OH - 73%

PA - 72%

RCP has Clinton up by 3 in PA. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/pa/pennsylvania_trump_vs_clinton-5633.html

PA hasn't gone R in almost 30 years...since 1988. Called a battleground state but hasn't been one in a while.

Anyone following the GOP convention? Following it online, and it's an unbelievable embarrassing mess. The GOP is handling this Trump-style, which is to say they're total buffoons.

Said it before...will say it again...this election is going to be an absolute bloodbath. Trump will be lucky to get three states.

Enjoy the disaster, Trumpster Divers. You totally own this one.

Trump and 4 years of meh.

HRC and a possible civil war thanks to her maliciousness and stupidity.

Choose.

Trump has the potential to be a lot worse than "meh."

"Books'll trick ya" is not a campaign slogan.

You have no idea what Trump will do in the White House. Hillary will just work with the strings that pull/pay her. That's some sort of predictable.

Trump has the potential to be a lot worse than "meh."

"Books'll trick ya" is not a campaign slogan.

You have no idea what Trump will do in the White House. Hillary will just work with the strings that pull/pay her. That's some sort of predictable.

I respectfully disagree.

You've got it exactly backward.

Trump is the one with the history of working with others, from all walks of life.

Despite the cartoon character being promoted as "Donald Trump" he isn't an extremist, but an opportunist, not a political life timer, but a celebrity whose been around for three decades and plays the media by saying outrageous things.

He wouldn't be much better than the inexperienced Obama....................but he would be a damn sight better than Hillary Clinton.

With Hillary you know exactly what you are getting, someone who craves power and won't hesitate to use it. She is dishonest and a proven liar. You can call that my opinion if you wish, but there is a long, long list of people and examples that bear me out.

She has promoters, not handlers

Trump is my 17th choice for the GOP nomination, but vote for Hillary, or a third party (same as a vote for Hillary)...I won't do that to my kids

Funny. All of my Democrat friends say a vote for a third party candidate is a vote for Trump.

A vote for a third-party candidate is a vote for a third-party candidate.

The perfect topper for this year would be if a third-party candidate got enough votes in enough states that no one got a majority in the electoral college. Even with the procedure defined for handling that...Imagine what a **** storm that would turn in to.

More in line with my post #352

BILL MCGURN: The Case for Donald Trump: The alternative is President Hillary Rodham Clinton.

When presidents enter office, they bring with them about 6,000 people. From the head of the Environmental Protection Agency and White House assistants down to the lowliest Justice Department lawyer,
Mrs. Clinton would fill her government with people who get up each day looking to tax, spend, regulate—and use the federal government to stomp on anyone in their way.

At a time when so much of American “law”—from the Health and Human Service’s contraceptive mandate, to the Education Department’s “Dear Colleague” letters on transgender policy, to the National Labor Relations Board’s prosecution of Boeing for opening a new plant in South Carolina instead of in Washington state—
is decided by faceless federal bureaucrats, Mrs. Clinton would stuff these federal agencies from top to bottom with Lois Lerners and Elizabeth Warrens.

Welcome to 21st-century American liberalism, which no longer even pretends to produce results. Whatever the shortcomings of Mr. Trump’s people, non-progressives simply do not share the itch to use the government to boss everyone else around
. On top of this, an overreaching President Trump would not be excused by the press and would face both Republican and Democratic opposition.

Fair enough to argue that Mr. Trump represents a huge risk. But honesty requires that this risk be weighed against a clear-eyed look at the certainties a Hillary Clinton administration would bring.

And, of course, the press, and the “Deep State,” will keep Trump in check in a way they’d never do with Hillary.

With Hillary you know exactly what you are getting, someone who craves power and won't hesitate to use it. She is dishonest and a proven liar. You can call that my opinion if you wish, but there is a long, long list of people and examples that bear me out.

I agree with this.

You have no idea what you're getting into with Trump. None. No one does. That's not a vote for anything but chaos.

Get Johnson to the debate stage and into the spotlight at least. He's 100x better than these two.

Edited by Observer

I respectfully disagree.

You've got it exactly backward.

Trump is the one with the history of working with others, from all walks of life.

Prove it.

PETER PAN REPUBLICANS AND CAPTAIN CROOK: Crooked Hillary in NeverTrumpLand.

FTA:

By now I’ve read at least four dozen essays by conservatives, libertarians and Republican stalwarts that seriously weigh Trump’s strengths and weaknesses. There are several themes—but I’ll summarize one I find most compelling.

Viscerally despising President Trump as a personality might be justifiable, Trump’s policy inclinations might well be bull-headed if not wrong-headed, and his flamboyant rhetoric may prove to be a diplomatic problem—but all of these dislikes, downsides and theoretical worries are far preferable to living under Clinton’s guaranteed lawless rule and demonstrated incompetence.

The American people don’t trust her. She combines a salacious scandal sheet with a criminal rap sheet. When she screams misogynist everyone knows she should be yelling at Bill.

Everyone knows this. The Democrat propaganda machine routinely portrays Republicans as callous, heartless, mean-spirited. Hillary flips the narrative.

{snip}

Trump might struggle in a crisis—might. In GetRealLand’s Benghazi bloodletting, Hillary Clinton was a total failure. And then she lied about it, insistently blaming a crackpot video when she knew the attack was the work of an Al Qaeda affiliate. Hillary Clinton waged a Total War On Honesty to protect Obama’s 2012 self-serving and totally false campaign claim that terrorism was waning and the tide of war receding.

The Clinton money machine, the Democratic Party’s rigged primary system and a biased, pro-Democrat mainstream media put Hillary in the 2016 campaign game. The Obama Administration’s corrupt bureaucracy, with Attorney General Loretta Lynch and FBI Director James Comey (exhibits A and B), protected her crooked candidacy. Hillary’s grossly negligent mishandling of classified information was criminal and Comey damn well knows it.

Several of the four dozen essayists I read argued that the media will be on President Donald’s flamboyant posterior like 24/7 print, digital and video flies. See, President Trump’s a Republican so, after years of protecting Barack Obama’s Democratic derriere, the mainstream media can go Full Watergate and force President Donald to walk the line—or else.

The problem isn’t as much Trump as it is the national media, which thinks George Stephanopolus, Dan Rather, John Dickerson and the disappeared Candy Crowley are (or were) objective evaluators of information instead of Democratic Party operatives with a byline. Sheesh. National media types think The New York Times’ David Brooks is a conservative.

A vote for a third-party candidate is a vote for a third-party candidate.

The perfect topper for this year would be if a third-party candidate got enough votes in enough states that no one got a majority in the electoral college. Even with the procedure defined for handling that...Imagine what a **** storm that would turn in to.

Oh good God no! :cry: