Trump vs Clinton: Pre Convention matchup

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for in the General Election?

• Clinton
    • Trump

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Trump campaign is completely unhinged. After Manafort explained how the campaign set up the audience to boo Cruz last night after already reviewing and approving Cruz's speech, today the Kasich camp explains that while trying to work out a unity platform with Trump in Kasich's state, the Trump campaign completely screwed the pooch by attacking Kasich for, as Cruz put it, not being a servile puppy dog.

If it weren't for Barack Obama and Tim Graham, Trump would be the most thin-skinned dolt in the country.

Interesting article here. Well done, Trump Davidians. You really picked a "leader."

Despite months of public tension between the Trump and Kasich camps, the governor’s loyalists in Ohio had been making plans for the state party to unify and coordinate with the Trump campaign, according to two sources with knowledge of the effort. One of the governor’s key strategists had been tapped to coordinate get-out-the-vote efforts with Trump, and other Kasich allies were expected to follow suit.

But on Monday, Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort took the unexpected, and unprecedented, step of blasting Kasich to reporters in his own home state, calling him “petulant” and “embarrassing” for his refusal to endorse Trump.

Since then, “all the top political talent in the state has been called to the sidelines,” said one Republican close to Kasich.

A rare, refreshing display of integrity in politics.

but its not honest. He got his name OT the and his message was not what was actually brouadcast in his words. He made a deliberate attack for his an promotion and it was well done

A rare, refreshing display of integrity in politics.

Last night was one of the best episodes of WWE in a while. When the crowd was chanting "say his name! say his name!" but then Lyin' Ted still wouldn't say it and then the crowd got all whipped up in a frenzy and then the People's Champion showed his (scowling) face before the speech was even done... man, I almost spilled my Mt. Dew.

Great article that really sums it up for any thinking conservative: I Choose Ted.

Ted Cruz has never been my favorite politician. And I am not so naïve that I don’t recognize the gamble Cruz is making.

But if the choice is between forgiving Ted Cruz’s obvious political calculation to become the standard bearer of an authentic conservatism or Donald Trump’s lizard-brain narcissism where no principle or cause outranks his own glandular desire to be worshipped like a conqueror atop the carcass of conservatism, I choose Ted.

If the choice is between, say, congratulating the Boy Scoutish obedience of Mike Pence as he sells off bits and pieces of his soul like jewels from a family heirloom just to survive another day or Ted Cruz, who took the tougher road and refused to join the mewling mobs of toadies, apologists, human weathervanes, difference-splitters, and vacillators, I choose Ted.

If the choice is between suspending the rules of decorum, decency, and civility for Donald Trump as he casually badmouths his own country to the New York Times just as he secures the presidential nomination of the Republican party or accepting that we are in dark and uncharted waters and conscience must light the way, I choose Ted.

I'd just like to take this moment to mention one of my favorite aspects of this election cycle:

Chris Christie :lol:

Could he have played his hand any worse? Could he conceivably be any more of a pathetic schlub? It think not.

Edited by Cugalabanza

If someone's willing to say "I choose Ted" after last night, then they should just cut to the chase and say "I'm an idiot".

:lol: Cool story bro.

How you guys continue to support Trump after he looks more and more like an ass who can't even manage a campaign properly is beyond me.

Politics is dirty business. Saw Cruz this morning. I voted for him in the primary, but he is toast now. That wasn't "integrity" on display. He was butt hurt over Trump's comments about his wife and father. He committed seppuku on national TV, literally spilling his guts out for all to see. It was far worse than Ed Muskie's tearful meltdown caused by William Loeb's comments about his wife.

:lol: Cool story bro.

How you guys continue to support Trump after he looks more and more like an ass who can't even manage a campaign properly is beyond me.

Trump or Clinton, that’s your choice. Being upset about Trump is a waste of time at this point, don’t you think? Unless you’re advocating for Clinton to win the election. If you think we’re screwed with either one, then why even spend time worrying about it? Just go out and have fun while it lasts.

Trump or Clinton, that’s your choice. Being upset about Trump is a waste of time at this point, don’t you think? Unless you’re advocating for Clinton to win the election. If you think we’re screwed with either one, then why even spend time worrying about it? Just go out and have fun while it lasts.

I'm not upset, I'm just mocking you.

If someone's willing to say "I choose Ted" after last night, then they should just cut to the chase and say "I'm an idiot".

Nice to see the Trump Davidians pop in after such a disasterous week.

No one expects you to do anything beyond what you are told to do. Newsflash: Trump is Clinton. Clinton is Trump. There is only one choice: a far left corrupt ideologue who doesn't give one's rat's asshair about your or any of your other nutbags. The only question is whether one will have a bad comb over, and I think all the polls show precisely what the Clinton/Trump ticket planned all along.

Someone tell the fat lady she's on in five.

This just in: Trump Allies Roger Stone and Alex Jones to get someone to run against Cruz in Texas.

Nothing says I'm legitimate like having Alex Jones do your work for you :lol:

You guys are way too into hating on Trump. Give it a rest once in a while.

We're not hating on Trump. We're mocking the mindless gatorman-like fools who think he's a conservative and somehow genuinely cares about something other than his own brand.

Reality: Getting booed by New Yorkers just turned that Texas Senate seat into a lifetime appointment for Ted Cruz.

How Trump Blew It Last Night.

The Trump campaign had two options. It could’ve gone on television and crowed that Cruz’s speech was the most delicious lemonade you could possibly imagine. Or it could’ve opened up the wound Cruz caused and squirted lemon juice on it.

The only sensible Trump response to “vote your conscience” and “vote for freedom and candidates with principles” was to thank Cruz for the rousing speech and his commitment to conservative principles. Praise him for his defense of freedom, and then turn his call to “vote your conscience” into an endorsement of Trump’s agenda. After all, there’s only one candidate in the race who wants to put America first, there’s only one candidate who wants to keep America safe, there’s only one candidate who has what it takes to Make America Great Again. If you believe in restoring American greatness, then your conscience can only tell you one thing: vote Trump. If you believe in restoring the values that made America the greatest in nation in history, then your conscience can only tell you one thing: vote Trump. If you believe that strong leadership and a commitment to the American people are what’s required to keep this country strong, then your conscience can only tell you one thing: vote Trump.

That’s all Trump’s team had to do.

<snip>

But they didn’t. Instead of biting their tongues, they took the bait. Two billion dollars in free media can buy a major political party’s presidential nomination, but it unfortunately can’t buy a campaign a lick of discipline or common sense.