Blokes did a Big Board

I like to be completely transparent about how I see the draft so I made a Big Board for you guys to take a look at. The first tab is my full rankings, the second is my positional rankings and the third is my Bills mock draft. I tried to keep it realistic-ish, taking guys I like and matching them up to the rankings of the national NFL media. I'll admit, it was tough but I kinda like it.

There's 254 players in all. This is how I see the players, not where I think they'll go. If I'm really low on that guy you like, don't take it personally. I left Tyler Higbee and Shawn Oakman off the board completely due to the severity of their pending legal charges which won't be resolved before the draft. Higbee was a 3rd round TE, Oakman a UDFA DE.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W8zllWmYujT9GLWTjEjGBHw644UyhxE7869quZksVog/edit?usp=sharing

Be gentle with me.

I'm impressed! I couldn't have done this, and doubt if I have 1/100th of your knowledge of college players.

I guess you weren't swayed when Gruden said he'd be "shocked" if Hackenberg isn't a first round pick. You've ranked him #21 on your QB list!

Edited by hondo in seattle

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm impressed! I couldn't have done this and doubt if I have 1/100th of your knowledge of college players.

I guess you weren't swayed when Gruden said he'd be "shocked" if Hackenberg isn't a first round pick. You've ranked him #21 on your QB list!

Thanks, I appreciate it. You probably have a life, friends, the inclination to go outside. :lol:

Oh, Jon Gruden would love me if I wore a helmet, pads and a single-digit number. I feel for Hack, he got stuck in a bad situation but I think he's a long term restoration job. He's already shell shocked, not sure he can recover.

Wow! Great work Blokes! :beer: :beer:

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Edited by Blokestradamus

I didn't see Malcolm Mitchell--not a fan or just didn't scout him?

Love him as a 4th round option

Never got around to him. Honestly forgot about him until the Combine.

Couple of guys that know WR really like him. I'd trust them and you on that one. Great athlete despite the injuries.

Never got around to him. Honestly forgot about him until the Combine.

Couple of guys that know WR really like him. I'd trust them and you on that one. Great athlete despite the injuries.

Happens...I lost track of both TJ Green and Jihad Ward so I'm swinging in the dark on those guys

Your work is appreciated. Love how you don't go with the general consensus and state YOUR opinion regardless of the masses. While I was shocked to see some of your rankings as I don't agree with them, I commend you for taking the route you did. Your route.

I'd be happy with your mock for the bills. It would certainly bolster our front 7 in a big way. I too am surprised there isn't a qb in there as we have zero under contract next year. I'd assume we'd pick up a udfa or 2 if we don't draft one, but I'd prefer if we select a qb somewhere along the lines as opposed to picking up the scraps. Brissett, Prescott, jones, doughty, adams jr, boykin, hogan, driskel, someone.

That's an incredible amount of work. I like reading your takes.

My expertise is in literature and philosophical theology. I love the Bills and have been rooting for them for 45 years, but I only have the roughest idea how the game works.

I'm sure my enthusiasm for many players is misplaced, but what's the fun of the draft without such?

Anyway, thanks for your contributions to this forum.

Nice work, I would expect a QB taken in there somewhere though.

At every slot, I got tempted by better talent elsewhere. I'd happily sacrifice a pick for a QB at some point. Prescott in the 4th would be excellent value.

Your work is appreciated. Love how you don't go with the general consensus and state YOUR opinion regardless of the masses. While I was shocked to see some of your rankings as I don't agree with them, I commend you for taking the route you did. Your route.

I'd be happy with your mock for the bills. It would certainly bolster our front 7 in a big way. I too am surprised there isn't a qb in there as we have zero under contract next year. I'd assume we'd pick up a udfa or 2 if we don't draft one, but I'd prefer if we select a qb somewhere along the lines as opposed to picking up the scraps. Brissett, Prescott, jones, doughty, adams jr, boykin, hogan, driskel, someone.

My word is all I have. I used to borrow opinions and that led me to liking guys such as Matt Barkley. I'm glad that people have embraced some different takes, even if they disagree. If we all agreed, this would be a pretty boring place after Week 17.

That's an incredible amount of work. I like reading your takes.

My expertise is in literature and philosophical theology. I love the Bills and have been rooting for them for 45 years, but I only have the roughest idea how the game works.

I'm sure my enthusiasm for many players is misplaced, but what's the fun of the draft without such?

Anyway, thanks for your contributions to this forum.

It's nice to have a place to share them. Thanks for the positive feedback.

Never let anything destroy your enthusiasm for this stuff. Real life is full of enough bad stuff on a daily basis, sports provide an escape from that. Without spending the last 10 months on this, I probably would've been in a really bad place. I'll always have this and my adopted Bills family, which is more than some people have.

It wouldn't be quite as much fun without the discussion we've had over the past few months. With a finite pool of players, things can get a bit stale but differing opinions have kept it going. A few of you have kept me honest and made me re-think a few opinions.

The beverage of choice will probably be coffee. Waking up at 6:30 wasn't the brightest idea! :lol:

First of all I will add that I have learnt a lot from reading the takes of both of you - Blokes and Bandit. As I said the other day I have looked at 89 guys this year (small beer in comparison) and if I can find the time next year I will look at more. You are both excellent at what you do and I am a mere novice in comparison.

The quality of draft analysis we get on this board goes beyond what you get from most of the networks IMHO.

As for the plan for us Brits this evening.... I recommend power nap now, Pizza order at 11ish, a strong pot of coffee at midnight and then the first beer as the Commish utters the words "The LA Rams are on the clock..."

I'm off to bed. See you later fellas!

I like to be completely transparent about how I see the draft so I made a Big Board for you guys to take a look at. The first tab is my full rankings, the second is my positional rankings and the third is my Bills mock draft. I tried to keep it realistic-ish, taking guys I like and matching them up to the rankings of the national NFL media. I'll admit, it was tough but I kinda like it.

There's 254 players in all. This is how I see the players, not where I think they'll go. If I'm really low on that guy you like, don't take it personally. I left Tyler Higbee and Shawn Oakman off the board completely due to the severity of their pending legal charges which won't be resolved before the draft. Higbee was a 3rd round TE, Oakman a UDFA DE.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W8zllWmYujT9GLWTjEjGBHw644UyhxE7869quZksVog/edit?usp=sharing

Be gentle with me.

DeForest a little low for me, No Austin Hooper at TE!? A'Shawn at #3 DL is a bit wild too. Like that it's not groupthink. Good stuff!

First of all I will add that I have learnt a lot from reading the takes of both of you - Blokes and Bandit. As I said the other day I have looked at 89 guys this year (small beer in comparison) and if I can find the time next year I will look at more. You are both excellent at what you do and I am a mere novice in comparison.

The quality of draft analysis we get on this board goes beyond what you get from most of the networks IMHO.

As for the plan for us Brits this evening.... I recommend power nap now, Pizza order at 11ish, a strong pot of coffee at midnight and then the first beer as the Commish utters the words "The LA Rams are on the clock..."

I'm off to bed. See you later fellas!

: )

DeForest a little low for me, No Austin Hooper at TE!? A'Shawn at #3 DL is a bit wild too. Like that it's not groupthink. Good stuff!

I genuinely didn't get around to Hooper. Before last week, I had like 3 TE's graded. :lol:

I knew A'Shawn would get you. I really think there's untapped potential there but I accept the criticism I've seen of him. I like to go with my gut when I'm a lot higher on someone than the consensus.

Bloke, the Bills should hire you even across the pond. Hey if Tom Modrak could work from Jacksonville or wherever he was

They listened to me on John Miller and I disliked Darby. I'm not sure I'd do that to the fans.