Mid to Late Round Guys You REALLY Want the Bills to Draft

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Not trying to be overly critical of some of these kids but I just don't see what some others are seeing. I looked up Scooby because he was getting some chatter on the board. He has to be related to O'leary IMO, reminds me of a duck moving its legs 100 mph and swimming along at 2 mph. Yikes yikes yikes. In what world does that look like an NFL linebacker? He makes AJ Tarpley look like Urlacher.

Not trying to be overly critical of some of these kids but I just don't see what some others are seeing. I looked up Scooby because he was getting some chatter on the board. He has to be related to O'leary IMO, reminds me of a duck moving its legs 100 mph and swimming along at 2 mph. Yikes yikes yikes. In what world does that look like an NFL linebacker? He makes AJ Tarpley look like Urlacher.

Well...All I can say is I'm really glad it's not just me... :thumbsup:

I really like Brandon Allen. QB from Arkansas. Every season he improved at Arkansas. His junior and senior years he beat ole miss and took Alabama to the very end. He threw 30 TDs and only 8 INTs his senior season. He reminds me of a Ryan Fitzpatrick with a stronger arm. He's not afraid to sling the ball down field and would be playing in a similar offense of Greg Romans that he ran at Arkansas. If we can grab him in the 5th round I'd be ecstatic.

DE Matt Ioannidas - 6'4" 305 Temple

Can match pure power with just about anyone on the field and carries almost no bad weight on his frame. Grows roots and refuses to budge against many double teams he faced. Hard to run at his gap. Can push and pull blockers and unhinge from point of attack when it?s time to tackle. Plays with quick reaction time off the snap and gets hands into blockers quickly. Generally good knee bend when battling the man in front of him. Can get to shoulder of blocker and get him leaning and then uses club/hump move to knock him off balance and attack the vacated position. Powerful base and very rarely off his feet. Can power through redirect blocks and maintain a path for the ball. Has good feel for screen plays and chases them down down with great intensity. Will occasionally show a spin move that is reasonably effective to the left more than to the right. Uses violent powerful clubbing movement to prevent blockers from staying locked in on their block. One of the unquestioned leaders of the team.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/matthew-ioannidis?id=2555240

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I have two guys that I really hope the Bills select this weekend. And they may very well be the two most complete opposite guys in the draft.

1. DJ Reader - NT - Clemson - 4th Rd.

He's 6'3 330lbs and one of the truest NT's in the draft. He is very athletic for his size, powerful, and does a great job of eating up blockers - which is a role we all don't want Dareus to take on. I'm also not too crazy about seeing 300-310lbs NT's/DT's being projected to us at #19. When we're in 3-4, something about having 330lb Dareus play on the outside with a guy barely over 300lbs in the middle doesn't seem ideal to me. Instead, sign me up for Reader in the 4th round to play NT, get Dareus on the end in 3-4, and spend one of our top picks on a pass rusher like Leonard Floyd.

Why I really want DJ Reader

• Reader is one of the reasons why Shaq Lawson and Kevin Dodd are in talks for a 1st round pick.
  • Can shed blocks and stuff runners behind the line of scrimmage.
  • Very similar to Danny Shelton as a prospect who went 12th overall.

Bottom line: 4th round is an excellent value for a solid NT that can be thrown into the rotation day 1.

Yes yes yes! I've been hoping for him for about the last month, I think he may even be worth a "reach" in the 3rd round.