Brady suspension reinstated!

FireChan

Florio poses the same scenario for a WR "conspiring" with equipment guys to spray his gloves.

Brady denies that he conspired to do anything and there is only the "independent report" that Wells created with the assistance of the NFL's own counsel to dispute Brady's claim of innocence. And Brady/NFLPA were not allowed to question, during his appeal, the NFL counsel who helped create that report. If this is a crime against the integrity of the game, in court, none of the events of the appeal would have gone down as they did.

You know he did it. You know he lied about it. You know "The Deflator" took the balls to the bathroom and took air out of them after he stole them from under the officials watch, and you know that Brady's explanations as well as his reasoning for destroying his phone were beyond absurd. And yet you still insist on defending him and his case. Hmmmm...

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know he did it. You know he lied about it. You know "The Deflator" took the balls to the bathroom and took air out of them after he stole them from under the officials watch, and you know that Brady's explanations as well as his reasoning for destroying his phone were beyond absurd. And yet you still insist on defending him and his case. Hmmmm...

You can't figure out what is being discussed here, or what the basis of the appeal is.

I'm sure he did it. But I can't prove it.

Edited by Mr. WEO

At the end of the day, it's incredibly hard to consider all of the circumstantial evidence and not conclude that they doctored the game balls.

A guy that calls himself "the deflator" illegally takes the balls from the field into a bathroom to use a non-existent urinal and then lies about it.

It's also really difficult to accept that Brady didn't know about it given how often he spoke to the equipment guys.

The real issue is that Goodell erred in citing Brady's knowledge of the "conspiracy" when suspending him. All he had to do was cite Brady's lack of cooperation and destruction of a cell phone that had been requested for evidence and there'd be nothing to appeal.

You can't figure out what is being discussed here, or what the basis of the appeal is.

That's the thing: Rog didn't have to prove it; he just had to avoid saying that it had been proven and stick to what he had in hand (the failure to cooperate with an investigation)

At the end of the day, it's incredibly hard to consider all of the circumstantial evidence and not conclude that they doctored the game balls.

A guy that calls himself "the deflator" illegally takes the balls from the field into a bathroom to use a non-existent urinal and then lies about it.

It's also really difficult to accept that Brady didn't know about it given how often he spoke to the equipment guys.

The real issue is that Goodell erred in citing Brady's knowledge of the "conspiracy" when suspending him. All he had to do was cite Brady's lack of cooperation and destruction of a cell phone that had been requested for evidence and there'd be nothing to appeal.

Generally succinct - add in some better benchmarking of the penalty to prior precedent or policy and you'd find the NFL avoiding a lot of this. But they created issues and then kind of doubled down on them and now it's a big old mess (and that's not meant to excuse Brady)

I totally understand both. Have been following it as close as anyone here. I know exactly what the basis of appeal is and why virtually everyone thinks this last ditch effort to convince all judges to revisit is a Hail Mary. And the lawyers in the case are using the same tactics as I said you and some media members are doing. It's their job. It's not yours. And besides, Goodell didn't need to prove it. Far from it. Even though in total it is all but proven.

I totally understand both. Have been following it as close as anyone here. I know exactly what the basis of appeal is and why virtually everyone thinks this last ditch effort to convince all judges to revisit is a Hail Mary. And the lawyers in the case are using the same tactics as I said you and some media members are doing. It's their job. It's not yours. And besides, Goodell didn't need to prove it. Far from it. Even though in total it is all but proven.

What "tactics"?

2 out of 4 judges have landed on each side of this case. Let's not pretend there's no legal debate and he's hoping he catches a judge whose wife goodell slept with.

I think if one were to step back a bit, seems likely the NFL wanted this to go away and probably think in the face of the facts gathered that brady would have taken his lumps and gone away with a slap on the wrist (relatively speaking, of course, since the pats were knees deep in spygate etc). Seems to me what they didn't count on was brady's willingness to blow it all up and take the game down as he went out. to me, the biggest crime of it all boils down to brady's hubris in that he has come to the conclusion that he's bigger than the game.

I recognize the nfl (and by that, I mean ownership group) can be it's own worst enemy, but I'd have loved to be a fly on the wall when goodell got the call that the perfect nfl player---the one his fans love to love, and the one his non-fans love to hate---pretty clearly was messing with footballs in a way that no one really could have anticpated. all this after bounty gate, spy gate, ray rice, PEDs etc etc etc. he must have thought it was a joke.

brady may well prevail and play, and the nfl may well lose. either way, screw him.

"the deflator". what a d-bag.

2 out of 4 judges have landed on each side of this case. Let's not pretend there's no legal debate and he's hoping he catches a judge whose wife goodell slept with.

We have 100 pages to argue the warrants of the case and the legalities. I wasnt arguing that. I was simply saying everyone on Bradys side is taking singular technicalities at various stages of the whole fiasco to either say he's innocent or that Goodell overstepped his bounds or one element of the 100 element case is flimsy, rather than look at it in total, as Goodell actually did in real life. And the article linked above was a great example of that.

He did it. He got caught. His excuses were laughable and preposterous. The punishment fit the crime according to the person put in charge of that. That person, goodell, also made a series of relatively minor mistakes that lawyers jumped on that have little to do with the actual case.

Lucky we have you to keep things accurate and impartial. What would we do without you PTR?

WTF, man. How does that offend you?

You already had the first judge base a ruling entirely on evidence that wasn't part of the case. Then it turned out that judge was buds with Krafty Bob and had Brady on his fantasy team. How is he not a fanboy idiot?

@ESPNNFL

How Tom Brady is gearing up for the Supreme Court http://es.pn/1Yq19zo

Ck9AdmnXAAAGsR0.jpg

When I read "headlines" like that it makes me wonder if Tom is doing all of this because his bio-pic really needs a dramatic third act, one wherein he battles the haters all the way to the Supreme Court and gets to deliver a Jimmy Stewart type monologue about how his legacy is being unjustly tarnished. It'd be Oscar gold.

When I read "headlines" like that it makes me wonder if Tom is doing all of this because his bio-pic really needs a dramatic third act, one wherein he battles the haters all the way to the Supreme Court and gets to deliver a Jimmy Stewart type monologue about how his legacy is being unjustly tarnished. It'd be Oscar gold.

That, OR, he's just a petty, arrogant, cheating, liar who will do and say anything to preserve his false legacy because he got caught (and I'm someone who believes he's one of the greatest players ever regardless of cheating).

That, OR, he's just a petty, arrogant, cheating, liar who will do and say anything to preserve his false legacy because he got caught (and I'm someone who believes he's one of the greatest players ever regardless of cheating).

I thought I was in the Hillary thread until I saw the stuff in brackets.

WTF, man. How does that offend you?

You already had the first judge base a ruling entirely on evidence that wasn't part of the case. Then it turned out that judge was buds with Krafty Bob and had Brady on his fantasy team. How is he not a fanboy idiot?

It turns out that this isn't true (as is your strange claim about "evidence that wasn't part of the case"). NoSaint was referring to "accuracy"....

By the way, the NFL made a bee-line to Berman's court in NY to avoid the NFLPA nirvana of Minnesota.

• 4 weeks later...

@dkaplanSBJ

2nd circuit denied Tom Brady's request for rehearing this morning. Appears the 4 game suspension will stick.

@albertbreer

The second circuit court of appeals has denied Tom Brady's request for a rehearing. His recourse now: Appeal to the supreme court.