Sam Bradford Wants Out of Philly; Crawls Back to Eagles

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. The guy had no leverage. All he's done is make it harder to improve his image for next year.

To a degree, I would argue that this is his last year as a starter in the NFL. Who's going to pay any quarterback like Bradford is getting paid to basically pout like a child when he doesn't get his way? More importantly, who's going to pay a marginal quarterback who's been injured 3 out of 5 years of his NFL career? We will see just how committed he is as the season rolls on. Next year, the Eagles would be on the hook for an additional $17m in total compensation and that's besides the $5.5m of prorated bonus he's already collected. I'm guessing the Eagles pay his $4m guaranteed salary for next year and cut him. Time will tell.

Yep. The guy had no leverage. All he's done is make it harder to improve his image for next year.

His image won't matter. If he stays healthy and performs at a high level, then no one will care about his recent antics. If he doesn't stay healthy and perform at a very high level then he won't be very desirable anyway.

@SiriusXMNFL

AUDIO: @MarkDominikESPN said Sam Bradford should have never missed some #Eagles workouts! >>>http://bit.ly/1WkLsu9

He shoulda fought for his spot and showed a great attitude, you only get a few chances in that line of work to show what your made of off the field politically. Time will tell if he uses the adversity to his advantage or "takes his ball and goes home".

@SiriusXMNFL

#Eagles LB @BrandonGraham55: Sam Bradford has the right to feel a certain way but the NFL is a business and you can't take it personal.

LB @BrandonGraham55 on Bradford: Sam got emotionally involved because of how dedicated he is. We all know he is going to put in the work.

At least some players havent given up on him but, pulling that **** without talking to his teammates (maybe he did?) is a good way to lose the locker room.

He did not have the football balls to do what Carson Palmer did. Hate the other lame comparisons made by media - Carson Palmer is a best comparison of a QB holding out under contract.

He has to use this as motivation, and grow a chip on his shoulder and have a monster year to rub it in his non-believers faces. At this point hes playing for his next contract he has to remember that.

His image won't matter. If he stays healthy and performs at a high level, then no one will care about his recent antics. If he doesn't stay healthy and perform at a very high level then he won't be very desirable anyway.

And if he plays mediocre? Last year was the most yards he's ever thrown for, and he got beat out by freaking Ryan Fitzpatrick, who is currently in the unemployment line.

And if he plays mediocre? Last year was the most yards he's ever thrown for, and he got beat out by freaking Ryan Fitzpatrick, who is currently in the unemployment line.

Well, his current contract guarantees him $22M. He's made $78M outside of that. So that's $100M total. What do you think he's going to play for after that? Some third tier $7M one year stopgap contract? No freaking way. If he's not getting big bucks he might play for a contender to taste the playoffs and chase a ring. That's it. And a team a QB away from a SB run would jump on him if he was a FA and willing to play for $7M-$10M. Teams like Denver or Dallas (post inevitable Romo injury) would be delighted to have him at a decent price.

@PhillyDailyNews

Today's Daily News, 05/10/16 #DNFrontpage

CiFkaQVWsAIsEVW.jpg

Browns fans everywhere sincerely hope not.

@SiriusXMNFL

AUDIO: @MarkDominikESPN said Sam Bradford should have never missed some #Eagles workouts! >>>http://bit.ly/1WkLsu9

CiBuy9MWMAArUFo.jpg

Is it just me or is he crosseyed?

@JClarkCSN

Tom Condon confirms @RichEisenShow he thought he had spot in Denver for Sam: "They couldnt agree on a price." Eagles

What a shame.

Actually, I think it is a shame - Bradford could be good for the Broncs and vice versa.

Do you think the Broncs offered them Sanchez back?

The crazy thing about the logic of "how can he play for 7-10 mil/yr, when he made 100 mil is he'll never make 7 figures again most likely.

Negotiating is fine, but these egos they will regret in 10 years. I make a very nice living as I'm sure many of you do as well, but to have the opportunity to keep the seven figure trail going to be completely retired for the back half of your life enjoying your family, volunteering, and doing things you believe in without worrying about money is crazy.

As,e for Fitzy. Negotiate as long as possible, see what you can get in a contract, but even a Harvard grad is not going to get 7-10 mil for the next two years.

The crazy thing about the logic of "how can he play for 7-10 mil/yr, when he made 100 mil is he'll never make 7 figures again most likely.

Negotiating is fine, but these egos they will regret in 10 years. I make a very nice living as I'm sure many of you do as well, but to have the opportunity to keep the seven figure trail going to be completely retired for the back half of your life enjoying your family, volunteering, and doing things you believe in without worrying about money is crazy.

As,e for Fitzy. Negotiate as long as possible, see what you can get in a contract, but even a Harvard grad is not going to get 7-10 mil for the next two years.

There's a big difference here. The wear and tear on bodies and brains in the NFL is a factor. Once you've made a whole lot of money - NINE figures in Bradford's case - things like concussions, CTE and other injuries are big considerations. $100M and walking away healthy might look a lot better than $110M with potential health issues.

There's a big difference here. The wear and tear on bodies and brains in the NFL is a factor. Once you've made a whole lot of money - NINE figures in Bradford's case - things like concussions, CTE and other injuries are big considerations. $100M and walking away healthy might look a lot better than $110M with potential health issues.

At no point was Bradford looking at walking away from the game. That is BS. He wanted to go to another team that didn't have another QB to challenge him. He's a hypocrite and he should thank every star in the sky and any Gods that he can think of that he was good at college football because his career in the NFL isn't much more impressive than mine.