Draft Time - Who would you love, hate, and expect

Virgil

Quite simple. Say who you want them to draft, who you would hate to see them draft, and who you expect to see them draft. Feel free to add whatever comments you want.

Bragging rights are always there postmortem.

Love Pick:

1a - Reggie Ragland ILB Alabama - We need a guy who can run the D and he ran the great D of Bama. I don't know much about him, but sounds great on paper

1b - Paxton Lynch QB Memphis - I get the same immature vibe from him, but the dude kinda reminds of Aaron Rodgers as a college kid. Arm, size, stature. The great GM's say you take one every year if you can. I like taking him ahead of the Jets. I like having someone not EJ on the bench. And I like the rookie salary for 5 years. It's worth a swing and maybe a miss.

Hate Pick:

Shaq Lawson DE Clemson - I just hate letting a player go and then wasting our first pick on replacing them. It feels like treading water, not improving.

Expect Pick:

Robert Nkemdiche DT Mississippi - I think they want a true NT so they can put Kyle and Dareus on the wings, then let the OLB's run free. If we are going to be all in on Rex, then it makes sense. But I just hate to grab a guy that only fits in certain schemes and will be underutilized with a new coach next year possibly.

Edited by FireRex

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love Pick:

Chris Jones - DT - I honestly think outside of Tunsil he may prove to be the best player in this Draft long-term...There are not many men on the planet earth who are 6-6-310 and can move like Jones...He's got power too...He's young and a little raw...But that's why he'll be available at #19 instead of long, long gone...With proper coaching you get a top 10 talent at #19 and a player than can help make Dareus shine brighter than ever...He also fills a HUGE gap that Mario left with a player who is a better fit for what Rex wants to do anyway...

Hate Pick:

Laquon Treadwell - WR - Three 1st Round Picks for two WR's in three years...No thank you...

Any LB not named Myles Jack - I'm 100% convinced there will be better players available at #19 than the 3 LB's after Jack...

Any DB - Just...No...

Any OT not named Tunsil or Stanley

Expect Pick:

Hard to say who will fall...But if he's there Shaq Lawson...I would not be surprised if it was any from the group of Jones, Rankins, Robinson, Reed, Dodd, Butler, or even Spence...I do not think they will take Nkemdiche...Just depends on who is still there and who is gone... B-)

Quite simple. Say who you want them to draft, who you would hate to see them draft, and who you expect to see them draft. Feel free to add whatever comments you want.

Bragging rights are always there postmortem.

Love Pick:

1a - Reggie Ragland ILB Alabama - We need a guy who can run the D and he ran the great D of Bama. I don't know much about him, but sounds great on paper

1b - Paxton Lynch QB Memphis - I get the same immature vibe from him, but the dude kinda reminds of Aaron Rodgers as a college kid. Arm, size, stature. The great GM's say you take one every year if you can. I like taking him ahead of the Jets. I like having someone not EJ on the bench. And I like the rookie salary for 5 years. It's worth a swing and maybe a miss.

Hate Pick:

Shaq Lawson DE Clemson - I just hate letting a player go and then wasting our first pick on replacing them. It feels like treading water, not improving.

Expect Pick:

Robert Nkemdiche DT Mississippi - I think they want a true NT so they can put Kyle and Dareus on the wings, then let the OLB's run free. If we are going to be all in on Rex, then it makes sense. But I just hate to grab a guy that only fits in certain schemes and will be underutilized with a new coach next year possibly.

Would hate lead shoes Ragland and am indifferent about Lynch. Hating Lawson because he replaces Mario doesn't make him a bad player and if he is as good as advertised we will have a good pass rusher. Don't want Nkemdiche as he is not a motivated player.

Love: Connor Cook

Hate: Besides Ragland any RB not because they would be bad but that it would show the Bills still have no clue how to build a team.

Expect: CB Eli Apple

Love:

1a) - Sheldon Rankins: Day 1 contributor that can handle NT, 3T and 5T responsibilities. Has played 1-gap and 2-gap roles at Louisville. One of the better pass rushing interior DL in the class and a consumate run defender.

1b) - Noah Spence: Sacrificing a little bit of size from my LDE prototype for a pure pass rusher. Has made tackles look stupid at Ohio State and Eastern Kentucky. Can play SLB in place of Manny Lawson in base fronts (maybe not Day 1 but certainly at some point) and would have enough juice in sub packages to make sure teams have to think about leaving a 6th man in their protection schemes.

Chris Jones and Shaq Lawson are 1c and 1d. I'm greedy, sue me.

Hate:

Jack Conklin - Slow footed tackle prospect with a multitude of technique issues. Has had trouble with defensive ends that I don't think are even draftable. I don't think he's a bad player per se, just think he's horrible value at 19.

Expect:

I think Chris Jones is the guy I expect, given a lot of the attention he's been getting recently. A little bit of a reach pick for me but one I can live with. His potential is through the roof if you get him motivated and playing with consistent technique and leverage. Isn't NT-capable like Rankins but a future 3-down DL.

Love:

Billings- we need to move Dareus off the nose. I believe he's the best NT in the draft and right around the 19th best player in the draft. Not reaching to fill our biggest need Imo. I'd be ok with Butler, rankins and Reed at this point as well, but I wouldn't love.

Spence or Floyd. top 2 OLBs on my board. Either playing opposite Hughes is a nice tandem. Wouldn't be upset with Lawson or Dodd. Prefer Lawson of the 2.

On the fence:

Ragland and Lee. I like the Zach brown signing but I'm worried he's just a one year rent. Both Ragland and Lee have one major pro in their game and one major con. The cons scare the crap out of me and make me think they aren't worth the 19th pick. I see opposing OCs attacking Ragland in the passing game and Lee in the run game. But maybe they can improve....which puts me on the fence.

Karl Joseph: i think he'd be a reach. His style of play could put him on the shelf year in and year out....but that's also why I like him. If healthy, I think he's an all pro talent that will make me smile more than any other player in the draft.

Any WR: I think they'd be wasted in this offense. I'd rather build a dominant offensive line if we go offense, but exciting playmakers are enticing. I think I like doctson and Shepard the mostly. Shepard in rd 2 would be a no brainer imo

Hate:

Lynch- I just don't like him at the moment and his name is Paxton. While I liked him in tombstone, I really don't wanna call our qb Bill Paxton. It would be inevitable.

Any DL that can't play NT. I don't wanna see Dareus play the NT.

Any DB other than Karl Joseph.

I think we'll pick: Shaq Lawson (if he's there). Kevin Dodd (if Lawson's gone). Chris Jones (because I have a feeling we are going to draft. DL that can't play the nose). Jarran Reed (because he bores me). A'shawn Robinson, because he'll be there and I'd be sad if we draft him.

Edited by NewEra

Love: Myles Jack, Sterling Shepard, Elandon Roberts

Hate: Leonard Floyd, LeRaven Clark, Paxton Lynch

Expect: Chris Jones, Shaq Lawson, Kevin Dodd

I remember reading my first mock draft in January and Myles Jack was the bills pick. I got pumped. Knowing there's almost 0% chance of that happening (other than trading up) makes me sad. That being said, I reaaaally hope we trade up. He's my favorite player in the draft by far. The "his knee is a time bomb waiting to explode" will likely prevent that from happening.

Love: Trade Down - more picks. I'd rather have 3 top 50 picks that can all plug a hole than 2. I don't see much of a difference in the guys, especially at DL spots, that would be available at #19 and in the 26-31 range.

Shaq Lawson, Leonard Floyd- top 10 talents that would be a huge value at 19.

Noah Spence - basically the same thing, if you're drafting him, you're comfortable with his past and the direction he's headed in off the field. This kid is a special talent if he keeps his past in his past.

Hate: Reggie Ragland - abilities aside, if he's teamed with P. Brown, that's a very slow LB corps that can be exploited.

Any QB at #19 - too many other holes.

Taylor Decker - not impressed with him enough for #19.

Expect: Darron Lee or Reggie Ragland, or one of the edge guys if they slide.

I remember reading my first mock draft in January and Myles Jack was the bills pick. I got pumped. Knowing there's almost 0% chance of that happening (other than trading up) makes me sad. That being said, I reaaaally hope we trade up. He's my favorite player in the draft by far. The "his knee is a time bomb waiting to explode" will likely prevent that from happening.

I don't have anything other than a hunch here, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that Buffalo said the statement about his knee being a ticking time bomb.

If he gets by Baltimore at 6 (he won't) we should be on the phone making Sammy-style offers.

I don't have anything other than a hunch here, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that Buffalo said the statement about his knee being a ticking time bomb.

If he gets by Baltimore at 6 (he won't) we should be on the phone making Sammy-style offers.

I hope you're hunch is spot on. While I'd love to trade down in this draft, Jack is the one guy I'd LOVE to trade up for. He's THE perfect fit for this D.

Trade up for Jack and find a way to:

Draft Austin Johnson, Kenny Clark or DJ reader to play NT

Draft Yannick Ngakoue to play OLB.

I hope you're hunch is spot on. While I'd love to trade down in this draft, Jack is the one guy I'd LOVE to trade up for. He's THE perfect fit for this D.

Trade up for Jack and find a way to:

Draft Austin Johnson, Kenny Clark or DJ reader to play NT

Draft Yannick Ngakoue to play OLB.

I'm okay with that plan.

I'm fine with Clark in round 2, but IMO Reader is more of a day 3 guy.

My day 3 EDGE guy of choice is Matt Judon from GVSU

Love - Ragland, Spence, trade up for Jack if he drops out of 10, Nkimidiche (especially if he drops to later round -- his tv interviews assuage any worry), Jaylon Smith in any round 3 & on if we drafted 2 defensive players before

Hate - Cook or trade up for Lynch would have me questioning my fandom (before rationalizing in a day or two)

Expect - Ragland

Like - Lee, Floyd, Conklin, Hargreaves (if he dropped), Apple (if they traded back), Cardale Jones if he lasts to 4th, Hogan in any round 5 or later, Cravens or Chris Jones if they fall to 2nd, Braxton Miller if he falls to 3rd, Kafusi or Mantkevitch(sic, probably) in a later round

Overall, would love a trade back in 1st, trade up in 2nd, and at least 4 defensive players.

Hate: Reaching for some QB or WR at 19, honestly even if we move down this will bother me a lot, something like Conner Cook or some other QB projected lower at 32 would make my stomach churn.

Love: Moving down and out of the first and drafting a dearth of defensive players in the second and third, maybe a WR but mostly just BPA.

Expect: one of the numerous DL or LB at 19.

Hate: Reaching for some QB or WR at 19, honestly even if we move down this will bother me a lot, something like Conner Cook or some other QB projected lower at 32 would make my stomach churn.

Love: Moving down and out of the first and drafting a dearth of defensive players in the second and third, maybe a WR but mostly just BPA.

Expect: one of the numerous DL or LB at 19.

Love

Trade picks with Denver so they can get Paxton before the jest

and then Like Steve Billieve load up!

But i do not care too much about position if the Bills add enough picks. as long as LB DE and DT get covered.

Bandit has me sold on Reader

Hate

Trading up for anyone in the first or Paxton at 19

nothing personal with Lynch.

I hope it's Paxton Lynch.

I expect it to be someone that their not talking about. Mackensie Alexander.

I'd hate it to be an edge rusher. Aaron Maybin Part Two.

BTW, what time do you think well be drafting ? 10 pm ?

Stayin :thumbsup: