cap move

Based off of who the Bills think is more valuable. What do you think of the Bills trading Glenn or Gilmore for a 1st rounder, Drafting a CB or LT to replace them and getting another 1 in return. This frees up even more cap room with their cheaper replacement. I just don't see how they can sign Taylor glenn gilmore, woods next year, and eventually Watkins.

The Bills can sign all those players next year. The question is will they sign long term. I would hate to see a Josh Norman situation where a key player is just released to be a FA.

If a key player will not extend long term , trade him if the price is fair.

The Bills can sign all those players next year. The question is will they sign long term. I would hate to see a Josh Norman situation where a key player is just released to be a FA.

If a key player will not extend long term , trade him if the price is fair.

Teams seem reluctant to part with picks for players entering FA years, I think the best we could get for Glenn or Gilmore would be a 2nd.

Based off of who the Bills think is more valuable. What do you think of the Bills trading Glenn or Gilmore for a 1st rounder, Drafting a CB or LT to replace them and getting another 1 in return. This frees up even more cap room with their cheaper replacement. I just don't see how they can sign Taylor glenn gilmore, woods next year, and eventually Watkins.

Two of the best things going for this team(left side of the oline and our cb's) and you want to break that up for an unproven rookie and a vet in return? I don't like it, threading water at best imo. I don't see Kyle lasting past this season on the team. That would be my guess on some cap space relief for next year.

This is a much discussed subject with plenty of projected cap space in 2017. The Bills have made re-signing Glenn and Gilmore priorities as they will with Tyrod should he continue to progress. There simply is no need nor desire to trade either of these key players for draft picks with the team trying to produce a playoff winner.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

It appears you undervalue what it takes to play at an NFL level. And in the case of Glenn and Gilmore, they play at a high level. You don't just cavalierly get rid of them and pick "a couple of guys" fresh out of college. And when it comes to the O line, the quality increases by playing together over a long period of time.

Exactly what team is going to give us a high enough pick for Glenn or Gilmore that an equivalent talent can be found in the draft? Let's see. I could either draft a quality OT or CB in the first round and have that player for 4 to 5 years on a cheap contract

OR

I could trade that pick for an established player on a one year deal that's will cost me far more than the draftee's entire initial 4 year contract.

Hmmmmmm.......

Edited by BarleyNY

Talking about trading away players for picks I'd say yes to Glenn and no to Gilmore as the latter will play a significant role in Ryan's defensive scheme.

Glenn should end up with an 11 mill per payday and although he has looked like an above average LT some years and that kind of money would put him in the top five. I don't think he is anywhere near worth that much money per.

Another player that was not mentioned is Marcell Dareus who really has no fit in Ryan's 3-4 two-gap and trading him could really help with cap relief going forward. Last year the Bills said they were playoff ready and built to win now, and yet the defense took multiple steps backwards and needs a rebuild away from the dominate 4-3 they had become to Ryan's 3-4. I can see Whaley trading away Dareus for picks to build Ryan's defense very quickly.

Then, should Whaley not be entirely sold on Tyrod Taylor as the long term answer at QB I could see the Bills moving around to get a QB, LT and perhaps even a RB in this draft along with some defensive players. JMO

Talking about trading away players for picks I'd say yes to Glenn and no to Gilmore as the latter will play a significant role in Ryan's defensive scheme.

Glenn should end up with an 11 mill per payday and although he has looked like an above average LT some years and that kind of money would put him in the top five. I don't think he is anywhere near worth that much money per.

Another player that was not mentioned is Marcell Dareus who really has no fit in Ryan's 3-4 two-gap and trading him could really help with cap relief going forward. Last year the Bills said they were playoff ready and built to win now, and yet the defense took multiple steps backwards and needs a rebuild away from the dominate 4-3 they had become to Ryan's 3-4. I can see Whaley trading away Dareus for picks to build Ryan's defense very quickly.

Then, should Whaley not be entirely sold on Tyrod Taylor as the long term answer at QB I could see the Bills moving around to get a QB, LT and perhaps even a RB in this draft along with some defensive players. JMO

Did somene say trade Dareus????? Wow.

Dareus isn't mentioned as a trade candidate because that would result in $27M in dead money, which would INCREASE his 2016 cap hit by $12.5M, which the Bills don't have. So there's that. I don't disagree about him being a poor fit in Rex's defense though, but that's on Rex not Dareus. Mario wasn't the only expensive player that doesn't fit Rex's defense, he was just the easiest to part ways with. Guys like Dareus and Hughes aren't going anywhere anytime soon.