Jarius Wynn to OLB

do i even need to criticize rex for this?

they're setting a guy up in a position to fail instead of ensuring we have a rotational depth player who has shown value in a position we are thin at.

igneous!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 5+ 40 guy that can cover? Well I'll be damned.

Dr. Sack? There may be a place for you on the staff. They're handing out big bucks. I mean, Rob got a job, and we KNOW he can't coach. You are at least a mystery with a promising moniker.

Oh, and there's the whole "you spotted the obvious" part, so that's encouraging....

He's being interviewed on WGR and said he will be playing OLB this year. Down 20 lbs to 265. He said last year he was at "big" DE behind Mario. He indicated he will be dropping back a lot. He said he and Hughes will both be in the LB room this year, instead of the DL room where they were last year.

(Before he got hurt)

Seems like he may rotate with a rookie to replace Mario. He seems very excited.

LOL. Good luck with that.

do i even need to criticize rex for this?

they're setting a guy up in a position to fail instead of ensuring we have a rotational depth player who has shown value in a position we are thin at.

igneous!

Isn't that a type of rock or am i meaning Ignatius?

Just because you folks get all close minded let me take it down a notch or three.

You move Wynn to the linebackers room so he can better cover. He already can play DE well actually.

If he can understand and absorb all the LB responsibilities he becomes a better all around player. And then he becomes a more Flexible player. and the the whole defense can do more things to disguise and still be effective.

some of you can say this is a silly move, but it really is not.

Now Wynn might be stronger in both positions. i like Wynn and i too was surprised at his being listed as LB.

look for the positive. just as easy to find as the negative, with only a bit of practice. honest

LOL. Good luck with that.

I wish him good luck too. I like the player

Just because you folks get all close minded let me take it down a notch or three.

You move Wynn to the linebackers room so he can better cover. He already can play DE well actually.

If he can understand and absorb all the LB responsibilities he becomes a better all around player. And then he becomes a more Flexible player. and the the whole defense can do more things to disguise and still be effective.

Now Wynn might be stronger in both positions. i like Wynn and i too was surprised at his being listed as LB.

look for the positive. just as easy to find as the negative, with only a bit of practice. honest

well, i went to St Ingenuous, in Cleveland. Which was a good school i got in to because I was Ignatius, especially with physical science and indigenous rock.

well, i went to St Ingenuous, in Cleveland. Which was a good school i got in to because I was Ignatius, especially with physical science and indigenous rock.

I think you are making this up. Cleveland has a school named St Ingenious on the outskirts. 25 miles north of the city proper .

a bit damp it was

Little known and exclusive. i studied there on and off for years.

I never saw the name Ignatius on the roster.

Took me nigh 42 years to graduate. But i did study many fields,

and streams.

What was the indigenous rock for Cleveland's sub strata? i thought it was cumulonimbus. but its been awhile.

Edited by 3rdand12

This fits the mold of what Rex has done in the past, moving Coples and Pace from DE to OLB. Suggs made the transition as well if my memory serves me.

If Wynn can cut the weight and add some agility and speed, could be an effective depth player with some existing pass rush ability, a solid 3rd down rotational rusher in the scheme Rex wants to run, in addition to being able to set the edge and contribute in run support rotationally as well. Keeps doors open draft wise as well.

Pete Carroll doing same thing with Frank Clark

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/20/frank-clark-now-listed-as-a-linebacker-after-dropping-15-pounds/

Nailed it. Flexability and versatility is what this move is all about, the counter to what Mario was not willing to do or accept.

Its not an uncommon move, nor is its converse. Not an easy one, but it can work out. I did not see Wynn's fit as a DE in Rex's D, this move is more like rounding a square peg's edges to make it fit in a round hole, until a round peg can be found IMO. One of things that Seattle likes to do is this type of move, I had not thought they would move Frank, but it makes sense that they are doing it, they seem to be pro active like this as an organization, which helps lead to their success, even doing so in converting DT's to offensive lineman. IMO its good business if done correctly and the player has the ability, but requires patience usually.