Rex to introduce Trump in Buffalo

Any loss of life is tragic but it's funny how Benghazi is such a thing. Ever hear of the USS Cole? Over 300 US service men killed by a terrorist attack in Lebanon under Ronnie Reagan's watch. How many hearings did that get? Bupkis.

You need to get your facts straight.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/history/famous-cases/uss-cole

On October 12, 2000, suicide terrorists exploded a small boat alongside the USS Cole—a Navy Destroyer—as it was refueling in the Yemeni port of Aden. The blast ripped a 40-foot-wide hole near the waterline of the Cole, killing 17 American sailors and injuring many more.

The 40-foot-wide hole near the waterline of the Cole

We quickly sent to Yemen more than 100 agents from our Counterterrorism Division, the FBI Laboratory, and various field offices. Director Louis Freeh arrived soon after to assess the situation and to meet with the President of Yemen. On November 29, a guidance document was signed between the U.S. State Department and the Yemeni government setting protocols for questioning witnesses and suspects. FBI and Yemeni investigators proceeded with interviews, and a large amount of physical evidence was shipped back to the FBI Laboratory for examination.

Our photographers took pictures of the crime scene that assisted in identifying the victims and provided detailed photographic information regarding the impact of the explosion. Later, our personnel from the FBI Lab, as well as bomb technicians and agents from our New York and Jackson Field Offices, traveled to Ingalls Shipbuilding in Pascagoula, Mississippi, where the Cole had been brought, to examine the ship for additional evidence.

Edited by 3rdnlng

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think every politician says ridiculous and outrageous things? Seriously? Hillary constantly lies and let 4 Americans get brutally murdered. Cruz says he won't run a campaign of insults right before he insults them. I can't believe how much I pay in taxes and Bernie wants more - his model of taxation isn't possible.

The Donald certainly says some wacky things - I think he's fitting in nicely with a bunch of politician scumbags. They all lie to us - isn't that obvious?

You hear what you want to hear.

I can't seem to remember ANY other candidate state that Mexico is "sending us their rapists". I can't seem to recall any other candidate proposing to build a wall, and GROSSLY underestimate the cost. I don't recall any other candidate state that there should be ban on immigration...

Also, I couldn't care less about Hillary. She is the same in my book, only with less rhetoric. So that was a bad comparison.

so no, I don't hear what I want to hear. I hear what is said.

there is a difference between lying (which is what politics are), and making FALSE and inflammatory comments regarding a specific demographic, especially when running for presidency. who wants to hear their commander and chief spew such nonsense? I just don't get how people can defend this man's comments...unless...

next thing we'll know, we'll have a new Woodrow Wilson in office. Walls and segregation...ah yes. that's what they mean by "great again".

Edited by 87168

The point is that in previous attacks on Americans, the opposition party did participate in the investigation but didn't then accuse the President of allowing Americans to be killed, whether it was Lebanon, the Cole bombing, or 9/11. But because Hillary is running for president, we have endless Congressional investigations, 11 hours or her testimony, and an ongoing accusation that she allowed Americans to be killed, even though there is no proof and she wasn't the President. And it again is a distraction from the original point that Trump makes statements that appeal to the racist and misogynist leanings of some voters, and that Rex is guilty by association.

Any loss of life is tragic but it's funny how Benghazi is such a thing. Ever hear of the USS Cole? Over 300 US service men killed by a terrorist attack in Lebanon under Ronnie Reagan's watch. How many hearings did that get? Bupkis.

A Hillary man through and through is so PTR.

Edited by FireChan

They do all lie, except for Bernie, who believes what he's saying, whether we agree with him or not.

That said, having the thinnest skinned person I have ever seen in public life making important decisions is personally terrifying to me.

Bernie definitely believes what he's saying but it's a situation where it's not a lie if he believes it. It's like running for 9th grade class president and promising less homework. It's not possible to promise that.

Edited by Triple Threat

That said, having the thinnest skinned person I have ever seen in public life making important decisions is personally terrifying to me.

I completely agree. I look forward to him finishing his final year in the WH come January.

If you can't see what was wrong with Benghazi, no one is going to convince you otherwise, but let me just remind you what happened: Obama and Clinton intentionally left four Americans for dead after refusing to send help, followed by weeks of lying to the American people that it was caused by a Youtube video (for which the video creator was promptly pulled from his house and put in prison before being left to live in a homeless shelter), followed by lying about lying about the Youtube video to the families of the Benghazi victims...followed by the best part of all...Hillary claiming that the families of the victims were the ones lying all the time.

It would take a SoProg of Hillary proportions to see that event as anything other one of the most embarrassing moments in recent American history. You should be ashamed of the way that was handled.

But of course, we know better, as you prepare to cast your vote for Hillary.

I can't seem to remember ANY other candidate state that Mexico is "sending us their rapists". I can't seem to recall any other candidate proposing to build a wall, and GROSSLY underestimate the cost. I don't recall any other candidate state that there should be ban on immigration...

Also, I couldn't care less about Hillary. She is the same in my book, only with less rhetoric. So that was a bad comparison.

so no, I don't hear what I want to hear. I hear what is said.

there is a difference between lying (which is what politics are), and making FALSE and inflammatory comments regarding a specific demographic, especially when running for presidency. who wants to hear their commander and chief spew such nonsense? I just don't get how people can defend this man's comments...unless...

next thing we'll know, we'll have a new Woodrow Wilson in office. Walls and segregation...ah yes. that's what they mean by "great again".

I'm not a Trump apologist and I've clearly said he's made some off the wall stuff comments. If you think Hillary has less rhetoric then you've only heard what you've listened to. What I'm saying is all politicians are coo coo and liars. You're right Trump makes inflammatory comments and the Clinton's do inflammatory things. They are a corrupt couple and Donald is nuts.

For me it's listening to a bunch of people flat out lying to all of us - so my only choice is to judge the amount or the magnitude of the lies.

Ah yes, let's keep an open border so that the black people we pretend to care about get hurt the worst. Illegals are spending any hope of spending money on helping our black people / poor / elderly get out of their distress. We'll keep the blacks down and dependent and secure their vote - that's "great again".

I completely agree. I look forward to him finishing his final year in the WH come January.

If you can't see what was wrong with Benghazi, no one is going to convince you otherwise, but let me just remind you what happened: Obama and Clinton intentionally left four Americans for dead after refusing to send help, followed by weeks of lying to the American people that it was caused by a Youtube video (for which the video creator was promptly pulled from his house and put in prison before being left to live in a homeless shelter), followed by lying about lying about the Youtube video to the families of the Benghazi victims...followed by the best part of all...Hillary claiming that the families of the victims were the ones lying all the time.

It would take a SoProg of Hillary proportions to see that event as anything other one of the most embarrassing moments in recent American history. You should be ashamed of the way that was handled.

But of course, we know better, as you prepare to cast your vote for Hillary.

Thanks for reminding me why I left this forum. The facts don't matter to those like yourself who believe what fits your view of the world. Promo was right. But why try to reason with the unreasonable. Bye.

Thanks for reminding me why I left this forum. The facts don't matter to those like yourself who believe what fits your view of the world. Promo was right. But why try to reason with the unreasonable. Bye.

Exactly how was Promo right? What are the parallels between the Cole, the Marine barracks bombing and Benghazi? Where was the cover up & deflection in the former two?

Perhaps Promo wanted to compare Benghazi to Iran-Contra, and how that episode was handled by the press and investigative Congress.

I love it when something on the main board or OTW gets sent down here. We get so many new and temporary posters who spout off their old, hackneyed and disingenuous schit that it emboldens gator. Enjoy Whack-A-Mole while it lasts boys. Pastaboy has already given up because he couldn't pass muster. He's not worthy of carrying gator's lunchbox.

The reason you left this forum is because you're incapable of stating your case in a way that isn't easily refuted by the simplest of minds...mine included.

Let's start small for your mind: what did I write about Benghazi that is wrong? The video? The lies to the families? The lies ABOUT the families? The refusal to send help?

When you're done with that, then explain in what way Promo right about the Cole?

Surely you can muster up the words and thoughts to reply, no?

I thought you left because you were butt hurt Obama stole Hillary's nomination.

<_< I think ... I'm going to assume you are joking around.

No, he wrote off the Bills a while ago. Now he just hangs out on the Bills message boards, and everytime someone laments a Bills loss, he tells them how great it is to not have wasted three hours watching them play football.

This is usually followed by him wasting EIGHT hours calling gatorman an idiot. But at least he has his Sundays. :D

(It's a joke, Chef.)

No, he wrote off the Bills a while ago. Now he just hangs out on the Bills message boards, and everytime someone laments a Bills loss, he tells them how great it is to not have wasted three hours watching them play football.

This is usually followed by him wasting EIGHT hours calling gatorman an idiot. But at least he has his Sundays. :D

(It's a joke, Chef.)

I get it though. When you watch a game and all you need is a key 2 minute drive in the fourth quarter and BOOM, pick 6!

Every Bills pick 6 reduces your lifespan by about 12 hours.

Sounds like a standard Trump response to anything.

Hope you guys don't mind me getting back on topic.

This whole thing is not about political preference, opinions, world view or about a football coach publicly stating either of the afore mentioned.

It is about judgement and leadership and decision making. Unfortunately, this move nicely tops off Rex' at best sketchy record in both these fields.

I'm very aware of the fact that the better part of football coaches (and players, probably) lean towards consevative world views that don't reflect mine. That's fine. Endorsing Donald Trump has nothing to do with a conservative world view. Trump is not about conservative values, which, for the largest part, I can respect without sharing them. Trump is about one thing only and that is Trump. Though he may seem to be a racist, a chauvinist, a sexist, all he really is is a narcissist lunatic. He couldn't give a **** about the Buffalo Bills or the United States of America.

The fact that Rex Ryan doesn't seem to notice all this does trouble me. It does not instill hope in me that last year's series of questionable decisions is a thing of the past and that the Bills are moving on to greener pastures with Rex.