Texans release Brian Hoyer; signs with Bears

Hoyer easily > EJ. He'd be a solid back up. If we had any cap space at all he'd be a good pick up. The Jets will have him in for a look if for nothing else but to motivate Fitz.

If they were smart they would bring him in to start ahead of there draft pick this year. Geno is not that guy

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i said "Jets or Broncos"... Where did you get "let's sign him"?

Wasn't addressed to you. You should know that, lol. Others in thread were saying "sign him as backup, blah blah blah". Standard idiocy.

Wasn't addressed to you. You should know that, lol. Others in thread were saying "sign him as backup, blah blah blah". Standard idiocy.

ok - thought you were referring to the OP. I certainly don't want him. Figured a QB desperate team will, though., Edited by YoloinOhio

What else is out there balanced against who we have as our back up? EJ is still learning coverages, as well as other things. Hoyer has seen more coverages & is more used to the speed of the game. But if you know somebody else that's out there, I'm listening..

What else is out there balanced against who we have as our back up? EJ is still learning coverages, as well as other things. Hoyer has seen more coverages & is more used to the speed of the game. But if you know somebody else that's out there, I'm listening..

imo he would want too much $$ for a backup (at least here) and isn't good enough to be a starter (and we don't need one)...

Anybody who thinks Hoyer is better than E.J is delusional at best. People look at 0-2 year and a loss to the Jags. Fair.

What I saw was a QB who finally stepping up in the pocket and making plays with his arm and feet. . Verses the Bengals the score was 14-17 at the half. EJ threw a money TD pass to Watkins on the run. The Tight Ends that game saw more passes that game than the did almost at any other point in the season. No Watkins in the 2nd half and the defense lost that game. That was verse a playoff team as well. Verses the Jags. EJ shitted the bed and then came back like a solider like you want your QB to do by putting up 27 pts for the game. Would have been 34pts if not for a Mccoy fumble near the endzone which would have won the game going away

So yes the record was 0-2 but he was not the reason we didn't make the playoffs.

Does he still need some work. Yes but I am more than comfortable with him being the backup this upcoming year!

Edited by Protocal69

He will get a nice contract from a team looking for a backup QB or a QB competition. He showed some flashes last year and got some starts with Cleveland plus the league always seems to love Brady backups. Maybe the Jets kick the tires on him if he comes significantly cheaper than Fitz. Either way shocked that the Texans released him since they don't have a great backup to Brock (Tom Savage will slide into their current backup depth chart). But maybe Hoyer asked for a release, wanting a chance to start somewhere?

Hoyer is better then Cassel. By a good amount.

He actually looked pretty good against us this year, but then again most QBs outside of Ryan Fitzpatrick looked pretty good against our defense this year.

Hoyer sucks and in his prime Cassel was a pro bowler. Now Hoyer is going to be 31 this year and has never been a pro bowler or remotely close. Hoyer is a garbage QB. Manuel is a cheap backup who is 26 and had been in the offense for a year. Would I like to see us draft a backup? Of course. Hoyer is a conservative call that does little for us long term.