"The #1 thing you can look forward to with me is attitude"

You saw what you saw. You don't know what you're going to see next season. Maybe these guys on D got together in the offseason and decided to learn the freaking playbook. No one is telling you to spew koolaid, just a little less selfrighteous bile.But it's never cool to root for being right over the Bills.

And this is just you covering yourself if the team does well against your prediction.

i can see it now. these guys got together with harvard professors and test tubes and beakers and a bunch of crayons to learn how to play football! ingenuous! makes total sense, this rex ryan system is only for samrt people!

honestly, i don't think it's about learning the system. learning the system in the offseason vs. a whole 17 games and training camp and more with it? common man, you've got to be kidding yourself and realize you've had too much of the kool aid.

as far as me covering myself? no i won't. hold me to this. book it. write it down and bring it up next year when we are not a top 12 defense. when we are 30 sacks or less. when we struggle to stop the run and the short passes. when we give up short yardage passes all day long and can't pressure the qb.

i've been right in the past a lot. hell, i'm one of few who wished we kept fitz. wished we never traded for mccoy. wanted poz to stay. would have rather had whitner than ? at the time. thought it was amazing people clamored so much about keeping byrd - but i would have liked to keep him. i wanted urbik to stay, and justin armour. i wanted us to bring in the likes of olsen and keep dwan edwards. i wanted no part of cj spiller. there is plenty of history to my words. i've been right. a lot.

and next year, i won't take back my words if i am wrong. rex ryan is still a clown.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're saying Rex shouldn't even be coaching a Pop Warner team because he can't handle it?

Clever, but no. Mario should have spoken by performing not lying down. I also agree Rex should have not tried to stick a square peg in a round hole.

Clever, but no. Mario should have spoken by performing not lying down. I also agree Rex should have not tried to stick a square peg in a round hole.

Exactly. Mario may have been used incorrectly, but it didn't completely neutralize him as it didn't completely neutralize the rest of the D Line that outperformed him. He could have put some effort in and from there who knows what would've, could've, should've happened. Not all his fault, but his lack of effort certainly was.

Ok, so here is what we know:

1. You have been right about the Bills. before

2. More than once

3. You think Rex sucked in the past and will continue down this line.

4. You think Rex is a clown with a fat brother and both cant coach defense.

5. You think the d will suck (below 12)

6. They wont get 32 sacks.

I think that about covers it, agreed? Now that its official, why not stop repeating in one form or another in every post? It sucks to watch good posters stop adding good content to this site. You are a better poster than most, but right now its hard to tell you apart from some of the worst.

Ok, so here is what we know:

1. You have been right about the Bills. before

2. More than once

3. You think Rex sucked in the past and will continue down this line.

4. You think Rex is a clown with a fat brother and both cant coach defense.

5. You think the d will suck (below 12)

6. They wont get 32 sacks.

I think that about covers it, agreed? Now that its official, why not stop repeating in one form or another in every post? It sucks to watch good posters stop adding good content to this site. You are a better poster than most, but right now its hard to tell you apart from some of the worst.

here's what we know:

1. you didn't quote me.

2. just once.

C. I know rex sucked.

5. I never called his brother fat. he's vivacious, voluptuous.

6. i didn't say that anything below 12 would suck. anything below 25th would be bad. 29th is suck. i've said before and i'll say again, average at best. which is 12-18. 30.

no that didn't cover it at all. and thank for the compliment. point taken, but i am so damn tired of this kool aid about rex. he hasn't shown anything for 3 years and i truly hope i am wrong.

Koolaid? What board are you reading? Do you have everyone on ignore except the Big Cat and me?

I think you'd be hard pressed to find ANYONE who is happy with last year, a LOT of that is on the coach. The players need to own their share too, though. And back to the topic at hand, MW gave the worst return on effort vs effort since Carl Pavano was a Yankee.

All I know is I saw a video of Mario Williams INTENTIONALLY not giving 100 percent.......and I suspect its because he didnt want to take chance on injury and he knew he would be gone

You wont have that problem with a rookie DE trying to make a name for himself this year

I realized not too long ago that Mario pulled a Clowney. Clowney during his last year in college knew that he wasn't going to stay and would be a high pick. So he mailed it in for the entire year. Mario knew that no matter what his contract wouldn't allow him to stay on the team barring a pay cut. So he protected himself and dogged it. What I don't think he accounted for is how much the "quitter" label would effect his pay check. I want all of the people defending him to think about this. In a year where Olivier Vernon got 15 million for potential Mario had to settle for 8. He even floated that the first person to offer him 10 would get him and he couldn't get that. So all of us on message boards can opine for the entire off season but the league has already spoken on this issue and it doesn't reflect favorably on Mario.

if all the cards fall right we may get there. But that's a lot. He had loads Od talent drafted and signed in NY. And failed

Failed to the tune of not having a top 10 defesne twice in the years he has been a HC including last year. Rex was always dogged for poor offensive performance. His defenses were rarely the issue.

Yup. As I posted above clearly the league thinks he quit. Rex certainly erred in not pulling him off of the field.

This thread is beyond my comprehension. I have seen nobody defend the job Rex did last year. EVERYONE was disappointed. To lay the poor defensive performance at his feet entirely and not account for injuries or your best player mailing it in is lazy at best. Rex has even come out and admitted that he screwed the pooch last year by not going with his system full bore at the beginning of last year. I have yet to see anyone completely exonerate Rex for the d failings last year.

I agree with you that Mario quit on his team. There was no subtlety to his indifferent attitude and play. If that is the case then why did the HC keep him on the field? There was nothing mitigating about Mario's conduct. There was only one appropriate response for the HC to make: Take him off the field and if need be deactivate him. Not only would the message be directed to the headstrong player it would also be directed to the team that that type of insubordinate attitude was not going to be tolerated. This season long situation was as much a coaching failure as it was a player's failure to act appropriately.

again with this?

I realized not too long ago that Mario pulled a Clowney. Clowney during his last year in college knew that he wasn't going to stay and would be a high pick. So he mailed it in for the entire year. Mario knew that no matter what his contract wouldn't allow him to stay on the team barring a pay cut. So he protected himself and dogged it. What I don't think he accounted for is how much the "quitter" label would effect his pay check. I want all of the people defending him to think about this. In a year where Olivier Vernon got 15 million for potential Mario had to settle for 8. He even floated that the first person to offer him 10 would get him and he couldn't get that. So all of us on message boards can opine for the entire off season but the league has already spoken on this issue and it doesn't reflect favorably on Mario.

Failed to the tune of not having a top 10 defesne twice in the years he has been a HC including last year. Rex was always dogged for poor offensive performance. His defenses were rarely the issue.

Yup. As I posted above clearly the league thinks he quit. Rex certainly erred in not pulling him off of the field.

This thread is beyond my comprehension. I have seen nobody defend the job Rex did last year. EVERYONE was disappointed. To lay the poor defensive performance at his feet entirely and not account for injuries or your best player mailing it in is lazy at best. Rex has even come out and admitted that he screwed the pooch last year by not going with his system full bore at the beginning of last year. I have yet to see anyone completely exonerate Rex for the d failings last year.

except ver the last 4 years... yeah, defenses have been good, but loaded with first and second round talent and a workhorse harris at lb.

Maaybe Mario is really quite stupid.

and could noy understand what was being asked of him.

Mario get qb!

Okay good Mario, here's a biscuit.

You guys are really something, blaming Marios lack of play on Rex. or anyone besides Mario.

Maaybe Mario is really quite stupid.

and could noy understand what was being asked of him.

Mario get qb!

Okay good Mario, here's a biscuit.

You guys are really something, blaming Marios lack of play on Rex. or anyone besides Mario.

Mario get QB? Well he seems to have understood that very well for his whole career. Anyone get QB? We literally missed going from the best overall to the worst overall by one spot. The personnel was the same, the coach was different.

no that didn't cover it at all. and thank for the compliment. point taken, but i am so damn tired of this kool aid about rex. he hasn't shown anything for 3 years and i truly hope i am wrong.

Please point me to all these people drinking the Rex koolaid. I don't know anyone who thought he did a good job last year.

However, I see some people who are too willing to excuse Mario's complete lack of professionalism and the harm he contributed to the problems on defense.

GO BILLS!!!

Mario get QB? Well he seems to have understood that very well for his whole career. Anyone get QB? We literally missed going from the best overall to the worst overall by one spot. The personnel was the same, the coach was different.

The personnel was the same bodies, not the same mindset. Mario being the extreme example

100% attitude (effort) may have helped the team reach the playoffs last year.

What I see is that so many Bills fans just didn't see what was happening on the field last season in terms of rushing the passer. There are a few distinct reasons as to why the 2015 Buffalos Bills finished 31st in sacks after being the number one sacking team in 2014. First off, in 2015 Rex Ryan called so few blitz plays than he has in past years.

Then, everyone needs to understand that Mario wasn't the biggest complainer about Ryan's defense last season as that honor goes to the best player on that line in DT Marcell Dareus. The sole reason he was complaining about how he was being utilized since training camp is because he was no longer being asked to just penetrate and rush the passer in a one-gap scheme. And instead was being asked to play in a two-gap scheme which is more weighted for the D-linemen to stopping the run rather than rush the passer.

After coming off an all-pro season and getting 10 sacks in that 2014 season I'm pretty sure the man didn't want to be counted on to control two gaps to stop the run while the linebackers behind him made the plays. Kyle Williams didn't openly B word to the media like Marcell / Maro did but he still made it known he wasn't entirely happy about the changes to the defense either.

What was the difference in sacks for the defensive line? In 2014 Mario, Hughes and Dareus accounted for 34.5 of the league leading 54 sacks. In 2015 those three had only 12 sacks all season and hence the reason they complained about Ryan's two-gap scheme!

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/10/21/9581575/mario-williams-marcell-dareus-rex-ryan-buffalo-bills-defense

This article was written by an ex-NFL player who viewed the game film of the Bengals game after reading about Mario complaining about how he was being used and he said Mario was right! Read it and some might have more understanding that even giving 110% effort on every play it wouldn't have made that much difference in the outcome of games. Why you ask? Because the 2015 defensive scheme under Ryan was more about the defensive line players stopping the run and allowing the linebackers to make the plays. Then when you consider the talent level of the D-line players vs the linebackers most people would say it was pretty darn stupid to run that scheme.

Edited by Nihilarian

He could have a great season, or just play well against the Bills.

I think his attitude will change if he and the team don't get off to a good start. He is fickle and practicing/playing in that heat will take it's toll on his "attitude". Just my opinion, but people don't change. His good year here he was riding the high of the DL sacks.

We all agree he isn't a bad player, especially when he wants to play. He was not worth the money and that showed with what he got as a free agent. Not sure how his contract is written, if no dead money he may not see year two in Miami. It is up to him.