Titans Trade #1 Overall Pick to the Rams

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be Wentz at #1 I'm pretty bummed if I'm Cleveland, I think they really wanted Wentz. I would be surprised if they took Goff at #2. Maybe San Fran takes Goff. Philly could be in play. Remember, Tom Donahoe heads up their draft room and he moved up to pick the California kid for Buffalo. I don't think Goff fits the Buffalo QB mold. Small hands worry me in Buffalo weather.

One under-stated trickle-down effect of this trade:

If Wentz/Goff/Tunsil/Ramsey are the top 4, then it stands to reason that Jacksonville could take Bosa or Buckner, and drop Myles Jack right into Ozzie Newsome's lap.

Imagine that.

i think Jax would have Myles Jack rated higher than bosa or Buckner and would either take him at 5 or trade it to someone who is in love with Jack. Bosa or Buckner to Ravens IMO.

One under-stated trickle-down effect of this trade:

If Wentz/Goff/Tunsil/Ramsey are the top 4, then it stands to reason that Jacksonville could take Bosa or Buckner, and drop Myles Jack right into Ozzie Newsome's lap.

Imagine that.

Well, that sucks. The other big winner here is going to be Lynch. Wentz and Goff almost certainly will be gone by the second pick so some team will reach for him.

Well, that sucks. The other big winner here is going to be Lynch. Wentz and Goff almost certainly will be gone by the second pick so some team will reach for him.

Cleveland has to go QB right? Unless its a full on tank for someone next year. In which case you might trade down to someone trying to jump in for maybe ramsay or jack. Or threaten to take goff and see if the 49ers blink and offer something good.

If you're dallas/jax - you're in great shape though. Bosa, Jack, buckner will all be there at 4/5.

Edited by dneveu

Cleveland has to go QB right? Unless its a full on tank for someone next year. In which case you might trade down to someone trying to jump in for maybe ramsay or jack. Or threaten to take goff and see if the 49ers blink and offer something good.

If you're dallas/jax - you're in great shape though. Bosa, Jack, buckner will all be there at 4/5.

Sure as I'm typing this right now, Cleveland will find a way to do something screwy.

The smart move is to sit at 2 and take your QB, but that's not the Cleveland way.

They'll take Ramsey or Tunsil or trade out.

Sure as I'm typing this right now, Cleveland will find a way to do something screwy.

The smart move is to sit at 2 and take your QB, but that's not the Cleveland way.

They'll take Ramsey or Tunsil or trade out.

If you didn't want goff at 2 though, i wouldn't make myself pick him. Looking at your team, you're years from being good. Why not wait and get the guy you want to build around? Trade back a few spots so someone can get ramsay, or tunsil, bosa, jack, or even Goff. Add some more picks and get some more players.

The only problem is they have done this before and drafted guys like gilbert and manziel. So hopefully the new GM can actually make trading back turn into players.

If you didn't want goff at 2 though, i wouldn't make myself pick him. Looking at your team, you're years from being good. Why not wait and get the guy you want to build around? Trade back a few spots so someone can get ramsay, or tunsil, bosa, jack, or even Goff. Add some more picks and get some more players.

The only problem is they have done this before and drafted guys like gilbert and manziel. So hopefully the new GM can actually make trading back turn into players.

They don't have a GM, and they just fired most of their scouting staff.

They are a mess right now. The only thing that's going to get them out of this jam is to get the most important position right.

I get that they may not be huge on whichever guy the Rams don't take, but take the shot anyway IMO.

There's no guarantee that the guy you want will be there next year...right now, however, you have a guaranteed shot that you're going to get one of the 2 top QB prospects in this class.