Raiders looking to move to Las Vegas?

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFL has been infallible for a long time, but doesn't this all just seem like an ugly black eye for the league? It's ridiculous when you sit down and think about it. The team announces they are moving to Vegas, and now the league is saying that don't know if it would be "viable". The league may be bigger than ever, but as usual it seems like a mess under Goodell's leadership.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Raiders need to go to San Antonio or Mexico City

How about Portland?

The NFL has been infallible for a long time, but doesn't this all just seem like an ugly black eye for the league? It's ridiculous when you sit down and think about it. The team announces they are moving to Vegas, and now the league is saying that don't know if it would be "viable". The league may be bigger than ever, but as usual it seems like a mess under Goodell's leadership.

Goodell? Try Jones/Kraft/McNair/Snyder. You see what happens when Goodell tries to force one of them to follow rules. Drunk victim card during an acceptance speech to a national audience. Can you imagine if he tried to throttle their unbridled stupidity that put all this crap in motion?

Did you even read the article? No you didn't.

This has nothing to do with Goodell or the NFL. The Raiders (Davis) and the clowns who run Nevada screwed this up. They pissed off the only significant investor (and which then pissed off his friends at Goldman) and the money was instantly gone.

Pegula and the rest are dying to approve this move. They are "the NFL".

This has nothing to do with Goodell or the NFL. The Raiders (Davis) and the clowns who run Nevada screwed this up. They pissed off the only significant investor (and which then pissed off his friends at Goldman) and the money was instantly gone.

Al Davis won his court case against the league when it tried to prevent the moving of his franchise. The approval by the owners is a pro forma exercise that in of itself has no bearing. The only thing that comes out of a move is the payment for relocation. And that can be waived just as it might with the Charger move to LA.

As you pointed out the lesson to be learned in this chaotic saga is don't piss off the prickly billionaire with the bad hair. Just be compliant and say "yes sir" and act like a good subservient toad and the deal will get done. Learning how to bow and prostrate oneself should be taught in business school. The class would be called Kiss Arse 101.

why would the raiders piss off adelson like that? just doesn't make sense. richest guy in vegas is loaning you 650 mil...why?

I heard he expects a piece of the team for his $650 mil, and they're not willing to do that. I think it was on NFL radio, but not sure if it's true. I can see why it's not just out of the goodness of his heart.

I heard he expects a piece of the team for his $650 mil, and they're not willing to do that. I think it was on NFL radio, but not sure if it's true. I can see why it's not just out of the goodness of his heart.

i never thought he was donating the money but you'd think they would have their ducks in a row before getting this going right. i mean i've always lived by...if you get the right deal the money will come. i'm sure there are plenty of lenders out there that'll lend the cash.

I didn't read the article, you're right. I listened to Goodell's press conference yesterday where he said he "wasn't sure if Las Vegas is a viable market". We can talk about the owners all we want, but stuff like this doesn't make Goodell look good either. They were all set to go to Vegas until the deal fell through, now Goodell is trying to cover it by saying Vegas might not be viable. Goodell has been a joke from the start, just my opinion.

Al Davis won his court case against the league when it tried to prevent the moving of his franchise. The approval by the owners is a pro forma exercise that in of itself has no bearing. The only thing that comes out of a move is the payment for relocation. And that can be waived just as it might with the Charger move to LA.

As you pointed out the lesson to be learned in this chaotic saga is don't piss off the prickly billionaire with the bad hair. Just be compliant and say "yes sir" and act like a good subservient toad and the deal will get done. Learning how to bow and prostrate oneself should be taught in business school. The class would be called Kiss Arse 101.

Well, I said the owners would favor the move, not block it. It's not just the relocation fee, it's the likely massive upgrade from ticket prices etc that will come in Vegas compared to Oakland.

I didn't read the article, you're right. I listened to Goodell's press conference yesterday where he said he "wasn't sure if Las Vegas is a viable market". We can talk about the owners all we want, but stuff like this doesn't make Goodell look good either. They were all set to go to Vegas until the deal fell through, now Goodell is trying to cover it by saying Vegas might not be viable. Goodell has been a joke from the start, just my opinion.

Goodell is just stating the obvious: without Adelson and Goldman, LV may not be viable. What did you want him or expect him to say?

If you think Goodell has been a joke, you don't understand what the owners pay him to do (you certainly aren't alone in that confusion on this board).

But you seem to have hinted at it---Goodell is paid to "not look good" when it's really the League (owners) that doesn't look good.

Well, I said the owners would favor the move, not block it. It's not just the relocation fee, it's the likely massive upgrade from ticket prices etc that will come in Vegas compared to Oakland.

Goodell is just stating the obvious: without Adelson and Goldman, LV may not be viable. What did you want him or expect him to say?

If you think Goodell has been a joke, you don't understand what the owners pay him to do (you certainly aren't alone in that confusion on this board).

But you seem to have hinted at it---Goodell is paid to "not look good" when it's really the League (owners) that doesn't look good.

My issue was with the way Goodell phrased things when talking about the Vegas situation. He said that "We havent made a determination about Las Vegas as an NFL market, Yes Roger you have, it was viable until the deal fell through. Everyone understands that the NFL has become greed unhinged, so why try to explain it any other way? You are absolute right that Goodell serves the owners. I just don't believe that he has struck a good balance of looking like a strong leader while still keeping the owners interests in mind. Goodell lost me a long time ago when he decided to be the judge,jury,and executioner handing out unjust and uneven punishment.

My issue was with the way Goodell phrased things when talking about the Vegas situation. He said that "We havent made a determination about Las Vegas as an NFL market, Yes Roger you have, it was viable until the deal fell through. Everyone understands that the NFL has become greed unhinged, so why try to explain it any other way? You are absolute right that Goodell serves the owners. I just don't believe that he has struck a good balance of looking like a strong leader while still keeping the owners interests in mind. Goodell lost me a long time ago when he decided to be the judge,jury,and executioner handing out unjust and uneven punishment.

He didn't "decide" that. The players and the owners all agreed that he should have that power. The CBA set up his role and, for the most part, the punishment scheduls.

Again, about Vegas, last week it was a viable market. Now it isn't because there is no financing. If new (legitimate) financing comes through, he will again announce the obvious--LV is now viable again.

Some owners have been grumbling for months that LV is too small a TV market and that they might vote against the move. Goodell is just reiterating that as well.

Every pro league would love to become "greed unhinged". Teams move in the NBA. NHL too. Owners of those teams would further sell their souls for non-guaranteed player contracts. The NBA would be half filled with UDFA's. They are paying nobodies like Nicholas Batum more than Brady. DeMar DeRozan: 145 million dollars....over % YEARS!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Raiders coming to Vegas has been a sure thing since last year. The Raiders have a BIG fan base here in Vegas. Add in the fact that Vegas is driving distance from LA and NorCal, makes this move genius. Raider fans from all around will travel to Vegas for the games. Plane tickets to Vegas are also some of the cheapest you can find. I see absolutely no shortage in fan support when they move here. I know fans will be much more willing to travel to Vegas for a game than Oakland.

Vegas is made for the NFL. No other city can cater to the glamor and demands of the NFL. When they finally get the stadium completed in 2020, Vegas will be fast tracked to hold the Superbowl. Las Vegas could also be the city to save the Pro Bowl. The game will still be terrible, but there will be a GIANT turn out of fans looking have an excuse to go to Vegas. VEGAS BABY! This town is made for prime time.

My dream is that they will move the NFL draft here also... They could have their pick of which world class theatre/arena to hold it in.