Raiders looking to move to Las Vegas?

I don't disagree. The threat though may be enough for a few owners "on the fence" to just approve it instead of the fight. I'm guessing that's the logic but don't know a ton about the situation. I've read some on the Raiders plans but have been more of a casual observer.

Exactly what is the threat that Davis (a mental midget, by the way) poses? He is going to challenge the bylaws of the ownership on what legal basis?

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly what is the threat that Davis (a mental midget, by the way) poses? He is going to challenge the bylaws of the ownership on what legal basis?

I don't know but potentially the thought of a very public battle isn't worth it for some owners that may be indifferent? The Raiders have previously challenged (and won) their right to relocate. Obviously, getting the owners on board is different. When these owners are weighing the pros and cons of Oakland vs. Vegas potentially bad PR swings a few votes to Vegas? There is bad PR whenever a team moves but it is usually directed at the owner. If the Davis starts a public battle with the league it isn't good for the other owners (even if they win). The threat of the headache is kind of what I'm saying.

This doesn't touch on the owners but here's an interesting article from SBJ on relocation rules: http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2015/11/09/Leagues-and-Governing-Bodies/NFL-relocate.aspx?

@AlbertBreer

Raiders owner Mark Davis: "Oakland was in the driver's seat, if they'd come up with anything. They came up with nothing. Zero."

@TomPelissero

Goodell on #Raiders: "there's still a great deal of information we need to gather" on Vegas. Could provide in December, or later.

Sure Roger, you know you are putting the Raidas in Vegas

I don't know but potentially the thought of a very public battle isn't worth it for some owners that may be indifferent? The Raiders have previously challenged (and won) their right to relocate. Obviously, getting the owners on board is different. When these owners are weighing the pros and cons of Oakland vs. Vegas potentially bad PR swings a few votes to Vegas? There is bad PR whenever a team moves but it is usually directed at the owner. If the Davis starts a public battle with the league it isn't good for the other owners (even if they win). The threat of the headache is kind of what I'm saying.

This doesn't touch on the owners but here's an interesting article from SBJ on relocation rules: http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2015/11/09/Leagues-and-Governing-Bodies/NFL-relocate.aspx?

I don't think the other owners would care if Davis wants to make a fool of himself.

@AlbertBreer

Raiders owner Mark Davis: "Oakland was in the driver's seat, if they'd come up with anything. They came up with nothing. Zero."

@TomPelissero

Goodell on #Raiders: "there's still a great deal of information we need to gather" on Vegas. Could provide in December, or later.

Like I said....

Sure Roger, you know you are putting the Raidas in Vegas

He has nothing to do with the decision to allow the move to LV. That's up to Terry and the other boys.

I fully expect this to happen. Mark Davis isn't his father. Al Davis would just flip off the league and move, then settle it later in court. Mark Davis will pay the relocation fees and you can expect the Raiders to be in Las Vegas by 2020.

I fully expect this to happen. Mark Davis isn't his father. Al Davis would just flip off the league and move, then settle it later in court. Mark Davis will pay the relocation fees and you can expect the Raiders to be in Las Vegas by 2020.

Per NFLN they actually plan too be there by 2019. A tad optimistic in terms of building a stadium not yet through final designs or anything really.

Mark Davis said he has no problem being a lame duck team in oakland until then. The gangs er fans are rabid in Oakland.....

Per NFLN they actually plan too be there by 2019. A tad optimistic in terms of building a stadium not yet through final designs or anything really.

Mark Davis said he has no problem being a lame duck team in oakland until then. The gangs er fans are rabid in Oakland.....

How well do the Raiders leather and chain groups travel these days?

Could the Raiders fans end up as an anti-fan group in LV cat sandbox as a opposition group like the Browns fans did when their ex-team played in Buffalo? They could go to LV every home game to party and cheer for whomever is playing the Raiders.

@theMMQB

.@AndrewBrandt's Business of Football: Vegas, NFL's new trouble w/ concussion litigation, Cam and protocol & more

https://t.co/3mq0aJ3aDo

Good read. I bet the owners consider Davis an annoying clown--a malevolent Tommy Boy.

Wouldn't it be awesome of the City of Oakland decided not to renew their stadium lease with the Raiders after this season?

I would be surprised if the Raiders come up with $550M relocation fee plus there share for new stadium.

If Oakland still won't give them a needed new stadium , sharing the 49er stadium would make more sense.

If the league would waive the relocation fee to move to St Louis, could also be more cost effective then Vegas or LA.

Mark Davis would need a very rich partner to help cover the relocation and new stadium expense IMO

If they commit to Vegas would the fans in Oakland show up till that new stadium is built?

I would be surprised if the Raiders come up with $550M relocation fee plus there share for new stadium.

If Oakland still won't give them a needed new stadium , sharing the 49er stadium would make more sense.

If the league would waive the relocation fee to move to St Louis, could also be more cost effective then Vegas or LA.

Mark Davis would need a very rich partner to help cover the relocation and new stadium expense IMO

If they commit to Vegas would the fans in Oakland show up till that new stadium is built?

The Raider fans I know don't care if they leave for Vegas. Weird. The city of Oakland isn't giving anybody anything. If a team (A's or Raiders) want a new ballpark / stadium, they're going to have to do it on their own. We've seen this battle go on for well over a decade. The 49ers would never share their stadium w/ the Raiders. That will never happen. If there were to happen, it would have happened when the 49ers were looking for sites and planning their build. Not now. There really is no perfect location for the Raiders besides their current one. They'd have to demo the coliseum (where does that leave the A's then) and build on the current site. As an A's fan, I hope the Raiders do leave town. They've ruined a once gorgeous stadium w/ the addition of Mt Davis. Once the Raiders leave, it'll free up the A's do pretty much do as they wish...if they do build on the current site (access to BART, freeway next to site is ideal). Since the Warriors are leaving too, they can demo Oracle as well. Finally, yes the Raider fans will travel to Vegas. It's a quick one hour. so flight it'll be easy to travel down. Only the hard core will probably do so, but they'll still get a strong representation from the Bay Area.

The Raider fans I know don't care if they leave for Vegas. Weird. The city of Oakland isn't giving anybody anything. If a team (A's or Raiders) want a new ballpark / stadium, they're going to have to do it on their own. We've seen this battle go on for well over a decade. The 49ers would never share their stadium w/ the Raiders. That will never happen. If there were to happen, it would have happened when the 49ers were looking for sites and planning their build. Not now. There really is no perfect location for the Raiders besides their current one. They'd have to demo the coliseum (where does that leave the A's then) and build on the current site. As an A's fan, I hope the Raiders do leave town. They've ruined a once gorgeous stadium w/ the addition of Mt Davis. Once the Raiders leave, it'll free up the A's do pretty much do as they wish...if they do build on the current site (access to BART, freeway next to site is ideal). Since the Warriors are leaving too, they can demo Oracle as well. Finally, yes the Raider fans will travel to Vegas. It's a quick one hour. so flight it'll be easy to travel down. Only the hard core will probably do so, but they'll still get a strong representation from the Bay Area.

Oakland isn't giving anyone anything for a new stadium and in addition to that, I read somewhere in this thread or a link from this thread, that they still owe $100 million on the coliseum.

Oakland isn't giving anyone anything for a new stadium and in addition to that, I read somewhere in this thread or a link from this thread, that they still owe $100 million on the coliseum.

They have 10 years left to pay off their $100 million bond, so yes....Oakland (city) and Alameda (county) are pretty much SOL if the Raiders leave. Bad business deal. They dumped a bunch of money on a rotting corpse.