Fear The Walking Dead

USMCBillsFan

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll probably be a dissenting opinion here but I find the FTWD lame and boring. Too much standing around and talking. Way too much emphasis on the kids while the good actors (Curtis, Dickens Blades) stand around and look lost.

The only way this whole seafaring concept works is if you go the Battlestar Galactica/Last Ship route - chased by not only walkers but "bad guys" with very few ports of refuge in search of sanctuary. That boat is big enough to go places.

I'll probably be a dissenting opinion here but I find the FTWD lame and boring. Too much standing around and talking. Way too much emphasis on the kids while the good actors (Curtis, Dickens Blades) stand around and look lost.

The only way this whole seafaring concept works is if you go the Battlestar Galactica/Last Ship route - chased by not only walkers but "bad guys" with very few ports of refuge in search of sanctuary. That boat is big enough to go places.

With the other series getting cliche and campy and jumping the shark totally with the incredibly dumb cliffhanger, I feel this series has a chance to keep my interest. My interest in the "main" show is dead with the exception of Morgan and Carol.

I feel like this show is still building. It won't be all on the boat. It might not work but it has a chance. I agree Blades needs more time but I think he will get it. I think his interaction with Strand will be great. I think Dickens is the long term protagonist and I think the son Nick is a good character too. I agree about the other kids. So far ..... meh.....and I think Curtis has not been all that great up until this point at all. I find his character like a place holder so far.

The thing I like about this show is they're figuring it out as they go. They have no idea what's going on and don't know if these people are just sick or actually infected with something. They're really trying to capture what real life would feel like if something like this were to actually break out. There would be tons of confusion and doubt. It's not designed to be as fast paced as TWD but I like how they're pacing it. I think there will be both land and sea battles throughout the season. Obviously, they're in a multi million dollar yacht with a desalinization plant so everyone on the water is going to want what they have.

It's slow but it's meant to be that way.

The daughter is irritating the crap out of me.......

How stupid can you get.......this is where mom and pop say "uhhhh.....this is not our boat so please stop calling people?"

Agree with you 100% John. She was annoying the holy hell out of me when we were watching it.

The new "stay in the house Carl" meme is going to be "get off the radio Alicia"

Also not sure if there is a more imasculated male character on TV then ol' Cliffy. I'm giving this season a fighting chance, but they have to develop and "undumb" these characters (with the exception of Strand) quite a bit.

I wonder who Strand is talking to at the end of the show last night? Obviously a bigger plan for him that he's keeping to himself. Also thought it was cool in the previews for next week they showed the chick from the web series Flight 462 floating on a raft. Last night was a pretty good episode.

IMHO last night was a very good episode.

One question that I have is the following. After a person

is dead, how long is the transition time before they can become a

'biter' and infect others? I have never watched

TWD so I am new to this.

Perhaps this is explained in TWD.

Also not sure if there is a more imasculated male character on TV then ol' Cliffy.

Sorry it wasn't Cliff, I meant Travis. That dude needs to sack up soon. I thought last night's episode gave me hope that this series will grow some legs and start to take off. I'm thinking Strand is some kind of "double agent" type guy. I feel like he might be a recruiter or head-hunter for some bigger entity or group (ala' Woodburians, Termites, Negans hoard) and he's bringing the main characters to some other group to serve as underlings of some sort.

IMHO last night was a very good episode.

One question that I have is the following. After a person

is dead, how long is the transition time before they can become a

'biter' and infect others? I have never watched

TWD so I am new to this.

Perhaps this is explained in TWD.

It seems to vary. Most of the time it happens in minutes. But when the little girl bit her mom last night I was a little surprised mom turned so quickly and have no idea how she made it out of the house as a walker when the dad was right there when it all went down. But in general, if a person is bitten it can take a while to turn. They normally get very sick and suffer for quite some time before they die but once they do it's normally minutes before they turn.

Sorry it wasn't Cliff, I meant Travis. That dude needs to sack up soon. I thought last night's episode gave me hope that this series will grow some legs and start to take off. I'm thinking Strand is some kind of "double agent" type guy. I feel like he might be a recruiter or head-hunter for some bigger entity or group (ala' Woodburians, Termites, Negans hoard) and he's bringing the main characters to some other group to serve as underlings of some sort.

Yeah, they touched on him a little in the Talking Dead. Good questions were brought up like why was he in "containment" in the first place? He didn't appear to be sick. It was like he was being held for other reasons. There's a much bigger story line with him that should play out throughout this season.

Yeah, they touched on him a little in the Talking Dead. Good questions were brought up like why was he in "containment" in the first place? He didn't appear to be sick. It was like he was being held for other reasons. There's a much bigger story line with him that should play out throughout this season.

I'm thinking Strand is some kind of "double agent" type guy. I feel like he might be a recruiter or head-hunter for some bigger entity or group (ala' Woodburians, Termites, Negans hoard) and he's bringing the main characters to some other group to serve as underlings of some sort.

I wonder who Strand is talking to at the end of the show last night? Obviously a bigger plan for him that he's keeping to himself. Also thought it was cool in the previews for next week they showed the chick from the web series Flight 462 floating on a raft. Last night was a pretty good episode.

Totally agreed that there is something interesting going on with Strand but I'm not sure what it could be. That was an awful lot of trouble to go to to transport a few "slaves" to a bigger group. It would have also required. They're going to Mexico almost for sure...he had an idea of where to go for sure....but why would he know more than anyone else knows? And if he is looking for "slaves" why try to kick people off the boat like that little kid and his brother? It is too early for anyone to be part of some big plan unless they knew what was coming.

It is conceivable that The maps could just be from his prior life and unrelated...and that he is talking to the chick from the flight who is his girlfriend. She seemed to know a lot about what was going on too. Was flight 462 headed to San Diego? This does not seem likely but is possible.

Why does his phone still work? If the cities are burned the networks must be toast. Satellite phone?

Totally agreed that there is something interesting going on with Strand but I'm not sure what it could be. That was an awful lot of trouble to go to to transport a few "slaves" to a bigger group. It would have also required. They're going to Mexico almost for sure...he had an idea of where to go for sure....but why would he know more than anyone else knows? And if he is looking for "slaves" why try to kick people off the boat like that little kid and his brother? It is too early for anyone to be part of some big plan unless they knew what was coming.

It is conceivable that The maps could just be from his prior life and unrelated...and that he is talking to the chick from the flight who is his girlfriend. She seemed to know a lot about what was going on too. Was flight 462 headed to San Diego? This does not seem likely but is possible.

Why does his phone still work? If the cities are burned the networks must be toast. Satellite phone?

I agree. I definitely think he knew something of what was happening and maybe that's why he was locked up initially. That would be an interesting tie in if that chick is working with him. And yes, that was definitely a sat phone he was using at the end.

Agree with you 100% John. She was annoying the holy hell out of me when we were watching it.

Also not sure if there is a more imasculated male character on TV then ol' Cliffy. I'm giving this season a fighting chance, but they have to develop and "undumb" these characters (with the exception of Strand) quite a bit.

The actor playing him is certainly capable of bad ass role........I have seen him do it really well in other parts. This whole "mellow papa" thing he has got going on is actually a new thing for him.

Well I guess he didn't know the chick. That was cold.

The show had good parts; Chris got a little interesting and it is building slowly. That zombie jamming up the boat was dumb. What are the odds of that?

I think the odds that the house is the whole story are low. There is more than what he is saying. I'll stick with it as long as the story keeps going in interesting ways. It is fun not really having set expectations. They can go so many different ways. I wonder if they'll follow the chick on the raft.

The original show is in danger of sucking badly if they keep letting that same guy run it. The end of season 6 was so botched. The victim's identity will be more and more obvious as the summer progresses and he should have known that. He is an arrogant dude and will screw up more free lunch in the future. The upcoming comic stories are interesting but can easily ruined by gimmicks and cliffhangers.

I've tried to get into the new show and just can't. Honestly, the boat is kind of a cop out. The gritty day to day survival on land in the early days would be amazing to watch. The original show skipped out on most of it too by having Rick be unconscious.

I see your point but I like the boat. I think they are slowly realizing that land, boat, air.....are all real dangers. It gives them a little time to think and strategize.....which they are not doing.

I think the original show doing a flashback to Morgan and his kid or Lori and Shane would have been cool but it is too late now. I also liked it a little that they all brought Rick up to speed.

This show may have been given too much to overcome by Gimple's terrible decisions on the main show. It's not really fair but they are starting with high expectations....on top of that they have to make up for lost opportunities on the original. I think that S6 finale will eventually go down as how to really screw up a show with arrogance.....maybe even how to screw up 2 shows at once.

Guess I was wrong about that one too. It's more like "stay on the boat children."

When Strand cut the line that was tied to the raft, I looked at my wife and said ala' Rick James, "Cooooooold Blooded!" That's probably not the last we see of the girl in the raft.

I don't think Strand's lying about the house per se, but I think the role everyone else is intended to play at this "safe house" may be misrepresented intentionally. The show is stringing me along... barely. I'll continue to follow, but as stated above as long as it continues to develop and doesn't give us a run of shows like they did with Herschel's farm. I can't suffer through another one of those runs.