Fear The Walking Dead

USMCBillsFan

I'll say that the show has been a little more interesting over the last two episodes.

If it wasn't for the dumbest teenagers in the galaxy however, things would go a lot smoother.

Considering the interest they put on the Asian woman in the Flight 462 webisodes, I imagine we'll be seeing her again.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it wasn't for the dumbest teenagers in the galaxy however, things would go a lot smoother.

Exactly!!! I think Andrea or Lori led the league in bad decisions on the old show, but these kids are on a Barry Bonds like pace to shatter that record. Stay on the boat, leaves the boat, stay in sight of each other, roams around willy-nilly like the kids from Family Circus. :lol:

Exactly!!! I think Andrea or Lori led the league in bad decisions on the old show, but these kids are on a Barry Bonds like pace to shatter that record. Stay on the boat, leaves the boat, stay in sight of each other, roams around willy-nilly like the kids from Family Circus. :lol:

Zombie Family Circus. I'd read that comic.

Its a bit confusing for me and I hope it clarifiies out some soon

I mean....its Strands boat.....he was nice enough to let them on it.....now they are telling him what he should do on his boat.....and he just left those 2 high and dry in the water and made that decision on his own....which appears like it is gonna have consequences in the next episode.

Its a bit confusing for me and I hope it clarifiies out some soon

I mean....its Strands boat.....he was nice enough to let them on it.....now they are telling him what he should do on his boat.....and he just left those 2 high and dry in the water and made that decision on his own....which appears like it is gonna have consequences in the next episode.

I never thought I'd find Kim Dickens annoying in any role she played. Until this show.

If you got rid of the teenagers, most of that episode was about Cliff Curtis playing boat mechanic. It'd be like an entire Star Trek episode on Scotty cleaning the warp drive.

The one thing that keeps me watching is what Strand is up to.

The plane survivor has to come back at some point I would think. It was widely reported that a character from the web series was going to be tied in and on Fear. If that was the only point to it and the only tie in with the Flight web series I'll be pretty disappointed. Haven't watched Talking Dead yet to see if there were any hints but I know she was on it. Strand is the most intriguing character on the show IMO. But I like the show and loved the last episode. They're starting to figure some things out, like Nick and the zombie blood masking him from the walkers.

Can't wait to find out where Strand is going. But I'll probably end up pissed because it'll be the cliff hanger for this season like "who died" on TWD.

The plane survivor has to come back at some point I would think. It was widely reported that a character from the web series was going to be tied in and on Fear. If that was the only point to it and the only tie in with the Flight web series I'll be pretty disappointed. Haven't watched Talking Dead yet to see if there were any hints but I know she was on it. Strand is the most intriguing character on the show IMO. But I like the show and loved the last episode. They're starting to figure some things out, like Nick and the zombie blood masking him from the walkers.

Can't wait to find out where Strand is going. But I'll probably end up pissed because it'll be the cliff hanger for this season like "who died" on TWD.

How many people actually bothered to watch those episodes on the plane? I DVRed most of the season, so I fastforwarded right through them after the first 2 or 3. I had no interest spreading out a 1 or 2 hour story over the course of 8 weeks.

How many people actually bothered to watch those episodes on the plane? I DVRed most of the season, so I fastforwarded right through them after the first 2 or 3. I had no interest spreading out a 1 or 2 hour story over the course of 8 weeks.

I watched them just out of curiosity. It actually was pretty interesting how it happened "in the sky". Although I will agree it got a little annoying watching 45 second clips every week.

• 4 weeks later...

I liked the first half of season 2. There are some things to nit pick but I think the story telling in the show is solid. I find it less "comic-booky" than the main show and that has its plusses. The extremely lame cliff hanger in the main show is a by product of its popularity and likely a cause/symptom of its eventual demise. This show is moderately popular but not so much that they will feel like they can do cheesy stuff.

I imagine that juggling two shows make it a difficult task to come up with original material. The characters in both shows are experiencing the same phenomenon and people would react in similar ways. The parallels between Hershcel and Celia were there but I think they had enough of a different angle where it worked. I think where all of the characters ended up at the end of this episode makes sense except for Nick. I can see him being confused but don't buy that he would have adopted Celia's point of view, but he seems to have done so. I think the top actors on the show are Nick, Strand, Ofelia, Daniel and maybe Madison. Some of the other actors are iffy.

Celia didn't look that worried when locked in. There was probably a back door or something in there. I think she got out. I didn't notice her as a walker when Daniel went in. I think Daniel is dead but I hope not.

I'm glad you bumped this because I was about to go searching for it. This show is just too damn confusing for me. It was decent at the start of this season but it came completely off the tracks in the last 2-3 episodes with the Mexico stuff. They just took the best character they had and made him lose his mind and kill himself over the course of two episodes. Just plain stupid. And then there's the Johnny Depp wannabe Nick. I couldn't stand him in the first season, but he's come along nicely this season... but then he takes a complete 180 (my wife always calls it a 360, then I have to point out to her that this means you're still headed in the same direction) and is a waste again.

Mexico was a complete waste. Hopefully it gets better because I'd imagine they're stuck there.

I'm glad you bumped this because I was about to go searching for it. This show is just too damn confusing for me. It was decent at the start of this season but it came completely off the tracks in the last 2-3 episodes with the Mexico stuff. They just took the best character they had and made him lose his mind and kill himself over the course of two episodes. Just plain stupid. And then there's the Johnny Depp wannabe Nick. I couldn't stand him in the first season, but he's come along nicely this season... but then he takes a complete 180 (my wife always calls it a 360, then I have to point out to her that this means you're still headed in the same direction) and is a waste again.

Mexico was a complete waste. Hopefully it gets better because I'd imagine they're stuck there.

I get what they did with Daniel because I could see the situation dredging up his ghosts, but I would also think he'd be able to overcome it. I would have been ok with the flashbacks and the momentary lapses but only if he got it together. If he really is dead it is too bad. The Nick 180 threw me too. I thought he was playing Celia after getting a good read on her. It was disappointing that he wasn't. Travis/Chris.....booooooring. When Chris mercy killed the guy in the plane I had hope for him. I thought it was a turning point. Now I'd just rather have him off the show.

My wife and I watched it last night and after it was over, we both were left with a feeling of "meh, it's run it's course and it's starting to flounder." As I've said before the "kids" on the show are frustrating to watch because there doesn't seem to be any direction for them. The adults really aren't much better for that matter. We've invested enough time this year, that we'll probably finish the season, but if it doesn't give us something to come back for next year, we may be done.

"Johnny Depp wannabe Nick" is spot on Shrader, I'll be stealing that and using it next time we watch.

I've been a big fan of the show. Not as much as TWD but I've liked it. With that said, last nights episode was awful . I understand Travis feels a need to support his son but to just abandon everyone else seems a bit iffy. Daniel is not dead. That would be too easy and he's one of the best characters and actors on the show. He'll be back but I don't think it will be until the next season. They're going to have to give Ophelia time to deal with her fathers "death". I didn't get the Nick thing at all. I understand he's feeling this new sense of "enlightenment" but there's no way Madison would just drive off and leave Nick wandering among the dead. Just didn't make sense when she's been all about protecting and taking care of her family first. I think it can get better and that eventually after all of them surviving on their own for a bit, they will be reunited. But last nights episode was a mess IMO.

I've been a big fan of the show. Not as much as TWD but I've liked it. With that said, last nights episode was awful . I understand Travis feels a need to support his son but to just abandon everyone else seems a bit iffy. Daniel is not dead. That would be too easy and he's one of the best characters and actors on the show. He'll be back but I don't think it will be until the next season. They're going to have to give Ophelia time to deal with her fathers "death". I didn't get the Nick thing at all. I understand he's feeling this new sense of "enlightenment" but there's no way Madison would just drive off and leave Nick wandering among the dead. Just didn't make sense when she's been all about protecting and taking care of her family first. I think it can get better and that eventually after all of them surviving on their own for a bit, they will be reunited. But last nights episode was a mess IMO.

I'm surprised to see two different people saying that Daniel could still be alive. He was straddling the line of fire. He's gone. He "found" his wife and joined her. That whole thing was such a waste. He's the one guy with an interesting enough background that would really work well in this setting, but they threw it away.

I'm surprised to see two different people saying that Daniel could still be alive. He was straddling the line of fire. He's gone. He "found" his wife and joined her. That whole thing was such a waste. He's the one guy with an interesting enough background that would really work well in this setting, but they threw it away.

We never saw him actually die. It's just a feeling. I hope I'm right but he could be gone. I just think he's too dynamic a character to kill off so soon.

We never saw him actually die. It's just a feeling. I hope I'm right but he could be gone. I just think he's too dynamic a character to kill off so soon.

That and he was so protective of his daughter the whole time, now he suddenly forgets about her completely. The whole thing makes no sense.

That and he was so protective of his daughter the whole time, now he suddenly forgets about her completely. The whole thing makes no sense.

Most of it didn't make any sense. It's like every character suddenly went completely nuts at the same time. None of them acted consistently with how they acted before this episode.

Most of it didn't make any sense. It's like every character suddenly went completely nuts at the same time. None of them acted consistently with how they acted before this episode.

And all of this happens right while they reach a place where they can relax for a few seconds. It was definitely their safest situation since all hell broke loose, even with the caged in walkers.

And all of this happens right while they reach a place where they can relax for a few seconds. It was definitely their safest situation since all hell broke loose, even with the caged in walkers.

I do like the stories but I guess you guys are right about some of the characters acting weird all of a sudden. I can buy the stories with Daniel and Chris, but not Nick. I get how others might disagree. I don't think Strand/Madison/Travis acted that differently. Travis is a weirdo and I personally don't find him to useful to the show. Maybe they just rushed some things to have that "midseason finale" feel.

Maybe these writers aren't really all that good and the initial unique quality they got from the premise of the show has worn off. I definitely think they really screwed the pooch in the main show because I really don't care who got killed by Negan and I really don't care where the story goes that much any more because wherever it does it will eventually take another cheesy cop out at some point. IMO they really screwed that show for lack of showing 15 more seconds of a single scene. Whatever happens in episode 1, short of killing Rick, won't be a surprise, and won't be something they couldn't have done in season 6. If they do kill Rick, it will excuse the season 6 finale but kill the show. I think that gives people less patience than they otherwise might have for FTWD because the main show has disappointed them.

I do like the stories but I guess you guys are right about some of the characters acting weird all of a sudden. I can buy the stories with Daniel and Chris, but not Nick. I get how others might disagree. I don't think Strand/Madison/Travis acted that differently. Travis is a weirdo and I personally don't find him to useful to the show. Maybe they just rushed some things to have that "midseason finale" feel.

I have no problem with where they went with those three. Honestly, I've pretty much forgotten about the last few things with Strand because they seem to be mostly in the background. The focus of the episode felt to me like it was mainly on Daniel and that flopped completely. I do like what they did with Madison though, and even Travis. They both are focused on protecting their kid(s), which like I said earlier was something completely forgotten about with Daniel.

Hell, even with trying to explain Daniel's backstory, they even failed at that. He shot some random guy floating in a river bank when he was a kid. I don't have a clue what that was.