Your prediction - will RGIII make a comeback in Cleveland?

Will RGIII mak a comeback?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Is his career going to get back on track?

• Yes
    • No

Jackson made Andy Dalton look good. RGIII has some talent. I really like the Alex Smith comparison. Still more likely than not he will fail, but I would not be surprised he does well with a coach that is willing to work with him. Chuckie's brother gave him a chance to start but built an offense for Cousins not RGIII.

Not true. This was discussed elsewhere. Dalton's stats took a nose dive the year Hue showed up.

He's damaged goods. Past performance predicts future performance. That is essential when evaluating talent in sales, and in my opinion in athletics. He was not good in Washington for a couple of years. He had one good year, and was hurt to slow him down enough that took away his best asset. I feel the same about Kaep. He was outright bad for the last couple of years and what demonstrates he learned how to read defenses and make quick decisions.

These two are not worth considering, and most of all RG3 and out, will get killed behind that offensive line in Cleveland. I'll also add Manziel. Leopards don't change their spots.

These are three guys who will never do anything special in the NFL. I would even bet all three are out of the league or back ups within two years. We are in much better conditions with TT. He may not work out, but he has so much more upside than the above three listed.

Other than 2 consecutive NFCC games and a trip the SB??

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked no, but I do think he'll manage an NFL career, just not the one he was drafted and expected to have at first.

Ha ha, I kind of view it like you but voted yes. I looked at it as he is at rock bottom so when he becomes a serviceable NFL QB I will consider that a comeback. You looked at it as no because serviceable does not meet his draft position. I guess that it really depends how you define comeback.

I voted yes because I think that he is at rock bottom. I do not know if he will ever return to the level that he played at his rookie year but would not be shocked if he got to that "Alex Smith level." I could see something like 3,000 yards 24 TDs and 12 INTs with another 5 scores on the ground.

Kirby,

Chris Cooley said that the kid is done. He can't find open receivers & runs sideways/backwards when pressured. I don't know if Cooley has an axe to grind, but otherwise I'll defer to him. The kid will have an occasional good game but all indications over the past few years point to his being toast. Just my opinion.

Kirby,

Chris Cooley said that the kid is done. He can't find open receivers & runs sideways/backwards when pressured. I don't know if Cooley has an axe to grind, but otherwise I'll defer to him. The kid will have an occasional good game but all indications over the past few years point to his being toast. Just my opinion.

He may be. I guess where I am at is he was a guy that was inactive. I see him being a serviceable starter (low end guy). That to me is better than where he was. I don't think that he will ever be great again.

P.s. Cooley is an idiot. That guy always has something to say. He kind of reminds me of that jackass in NE Zolak.

He may be. I guess where I am at is he was a guy that was inactive. I see him being a serviceable starter (low end guy). That to me is better than where he was. I don't think that he will ever be great again.

P.s. Cooley is an idiot. That guy always has something to say. He kind of reminds me of that jackass in NE Zolak.

You may very well be right about Cooley. He did however back up his contention with critiques of RG111 game film. I guess we will see. As they say, the proof is in the pudding.

Some people thought Johnny Manziel did well in Cleveland. They will think RG3 is Montana by comparison. The Browns will stink, RG3 might put up numbers because they are getting killed and have to pass a lot, so it will depend on your point of view whether or not this is a "comeback." I think he stinks but it will be better than what they have had in recent memory

Losing 2 key OL men will make life dangerous for the next Brown's QB. If they draft Wentz , better not play him till that OL is fixed. I don't think RG3 has a chance to survive there.

I think this is probably not the best chance or the best place for him to regain his mojo and try to reclaim his career. But if the Browns are smart, they let him take the punishment and don't destroy the QB they draft with that high pick before he has a chance to develop. Then again drafting a player high and letting a QB develop are not things the Browns have been smart about in many, many years. They have squandered a lot of great picks and destroyed a lot of rookies.

As others have mentioned, bringing in a top QB draft pick behind an OL like theirs is a career killer. Let RGIII run for his life and then fix the OL before bringing the rookie in.

Edited by simpleman

Griffin is such a major unknown at this point. He had immense talent until Mike Shanahan went brain dead and played him when he was already crippled only to see his knee totally wipe out. Then the following season the genius kept him out of all exhibition games and started him in game 1. Guess who got injured again shortly thereafter? Griffin doesn't run the way he used to, which made him so dangerous. Since he never was a pocket passer, and may have to do a good bit of running because of Cleveland's problematic front, I wouldn't bet on a big comeback. Plus, he didn't even play last season, and not that much the season before.

Cleveland is a dumpster fire that let most of their talented players walk. Who's he going to throw to? All he has is Gary Barnidge. The offensive line is terrible and entire defense is a steaming pile of garbage. Almost zero chance do I give him.

Cleveland is where everything goes to die. Hue Jackson is Doomed and so is any QB that the team picked up.

I can't believe 9 people voted yes... I would like to know who they are so I can put them on ignore now.

Edited by Beef Jerky