• It was fun and I had no issues with fan behavior
    • I was disgusted by the fan behavior I experienced
    • It was fun though I experienced some issues with fan behavior
    • I would take my spouse to a game without reservation
    • I would take my young kids to a game without reservation
    • There is too much drinking and it results in problems
    • Fans are too rowdy
    • The language I hear is unacceptable

What are your thoughts given that the media perception nationwide is that the RWS experience is little more than drunken debauchery.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/22/arrests-ejections-have-plummeted-at-bills-home-games-club-says

This year, my wife is likely to attend her first game at the Ralph. While I have no reason for open concern I will chat with her about it as she is more conservative and less tolerant of idiotic behavior as compared to me.

I went to four games last year and really only saw two very questionable incidents. The first was a pedestrian cold cocked a passenger in a car that was exiting the parking lot. I assume some words were said between them prompting the incident but I don't know. The second was one of the ladies who sits in front of us (with her boyfriend) had her ass grabbed by some idiot as she came down the stairs. Her boyfriend rightfully hammered the dude and left him blubbering.

We sit behind the visitors bench so there are often "enemy" fans in the section. They are safe and treated well as long as they are not idiots.

Overall the stadium experience is a lot more tame as compared to my experience back in the Kelly era when I also regularly attended.

I have attended games at the Ralph since the late eighties. I always have a good time . I believe the media attention is as always on the most controversial aspects it can find to sell it's story.

It is an unfortunate that behavior has gone down as it gets more public exposure, it seems a reflection of society as a whole. Common behaviors today would not have been accepted in decades

past. There have always been some rowdy characters no matter what time period it is a part of the culture of the NFL and the game of football.

Live and let live, Enjoy what you as a fan want to, and steer clear of that which you do not.

I have attended games at the Ralph since the late eighties. I always have a good time . I believe the media attention is as always on the most controversial aspects it can find to sell it's story.

It is an unfortunate that behavior has gone down as it gets more public exposure, it seems a reflection of society as a whole. Common behaviors today would not have been accepted in decades

past. There have always been some rowdy characters no matter what time period it is a part of the culture of the NFL and the game of football.

Live and let live, Enjoy what you as a fan want to, and steer clear of that which you do not.

To play devil's advocate it's hard to steer clear of public idiotic behavior. For example, the woman I mentioned always minding her own business coming down the stairs when the dude grabbed her ass. She did not ask for this nor did she deserve it.

I think the big change is that more women and young kids are in attendance at games as compared to the past. When you were a drunk guy basically in the presence of a bunch of other drunk guys the behavior was a lot more questionable.

The things that happen at the Ralph happen at every other venue for the NFL. The things that happen in football pregame tailgates are the same as some baseball and NASCAR.

The media loves the story because sex and idiots make good TV. That's what you get with a lot of men and women and beer. Or no beer. There would still be nonsense.

cities like Indy, Charlotte, and nyj all end up without much of a tailgate because they end up in bass. But Charlotte still has nonsense. You'll see people uptown passed out, drinking. Doing the same random stuff.

Go to tavern on the tracks on a Sunday when the panthers are in town. You'll see a difference of night and day with the fans. Bills fans are real fans and tailgate at tavern for bills games. Panther fans show up at 1130 or 12 and walk to the stadium and wait.

This year, my wife is likely to attend her first game at the Ralph. While I have no reason for open concern I will chat with her about it as she is more conservative and less tolerant of idiotic behavior as compared to me.

Tell her: "Sit your pretty little ass down and shut the hell up. And show us your t*ts"

Sorry, just trying to get her in the mood for her first game experience..... :nana:

As long as there are idiots, there will always be idiotic behavior.

But they're OUR idiots, so let it slide.

Games are not for the uptight, but it's all usually fun to laugh at. Set behavior expectations low and you'll both likely be pleased with the experience.

My last experience was fine. I've taken my girlfriend to a few and she can handle most of what happens. Every once in a while, some jackass makes a scene but in my most recent games, these have been few and far between

The opener can go both ways. Sometimes its just a blast, other teams I meet some real drunk idiots like they've never had a beer before

As long as there are idiots, there will always be idiotic behavior.

But they're OUR idiots, so let it slide.

Games are not for the uptight, but it's all usually fun to laugh at. Set behavior expectations low and you'll both likely be pleased with the experience.

This^

If you go in expecting a fancy affair, you will hate it

I have not been in about twenty years.

before that i was one of those drunk idiots cheering wildly. never got into an angry mode never harassed anyone. just stupid.

But when i took my young son everything looked much different to me. So I have not returned. But now all the kids are adults and i do not have to worry about them being overly impressionable, i expect to get back. I sure hope it is this year

say this in every thread on this subject...been going to Bills games since 1969..never been in a fight, never had any real issues. Been taking my wife since 1994, my kids since 2006 when they were 7 and 8. Now, they be idiots, but they not idiots because of what they have witnessed at a Bills game. They too have never had an issue.

16 year old daughter still talks about the teenage chick throwing up in the ECC lot about 11AM , with her boyfriend being disgusted and her hair getting covered in puke...she was 13, made her realize what drinking to excess looks like to boys...to my knowledge she has not as of yet.

Edited by plenzmd1

Surprised to see that I was the first to vote "The language I hear is unacceptable". Some of y'all (us) spouting out cuss words sound so, so ignorant. It's just not necessary to bring attention to yourself by seeing if you can call out your home team [insert player/coach/owner here] with the loudest f-bomb or the most dignified proclamation that the refs are blind.

That said, 'sall good. I also would bring my spouse no problem, but not my kids til they're 18...

Go Bills.

The Bills have "wussified" the game day experience. Night and Day of how it was 10 years ago.

Now it is a family event. I wouldn't even hesitate bringing opposing fans.

Drunks are annoying, sometimes, but the Cops are the ones who ruin the vibe, they are no fun.

Imo

Edited by Leroi

For some perspective of gameday at the Ralph. i suggest going to a raiders game. or in other sport where a lot of people attend

We just got back from the 12 hours at Sebring. makes going to the Ralph like more like a church event. Full disclosure a lot of fans are not even from Florida at Sebring.

The whole thing is overblown, and of course the videos just add fuel to the fire about the perception of Buffalo.

Expect to hear reports about how bad it is increase. It's part of Goodell's plan to RAM a new stadium down our throats where drunks won't be able to afford tickets. Oh, and league profits will go up giving him a bigger salary. It's how the NFL works in the 21st century.

Tell her: "Sit your pretty little ass down and shut the hell up. And show us your t*ts

Sorry, just trying to get her in the mood for her first game experience..... :nana:

But this is what she says to me every night .... Minus the show me your breasts part....

Been taking my kids to a game for the last 2 years, (she's 13, he's 9) and I always have some reservations but I voted for #1 and have no significant complaints. Kids were told to expect some bad language and possibly idiotic behavior but there hasn't been much so I've been happy going. They both love it, and my son's a Browns fan! Usually manage seats in upper deck row 11-20 around the 30 yard line.

I saw some hilariously stupid behavior, like a 20ish year old getting stupid drunk by 1030 am, then getting into his Mercedes SUV and punching out the windshield. I had no real problems with fan behavior, short of a couple Patriots fans harassing a female in our section. They were gone in no time flat courtesy of the orange coats.

Past that, I have no reservations taking my spouse to the game, she went to 4 last year and would have went to more if she didn't work weekends. But it will be probably 8-10 years or so before I took my son. Gotta be at least 10 before I'd think about that.