Ongoing MMA Thread

Most of these women have never been punched hard in their entire lives because the average woman doesn't have one strike power. Holly Holm did exactly the same thing to Rousey. When they get damaged, they don't have the experience to clinch effectively or create distance. Nunes has enough game to remain champion if she stays hungry.

Cormier is just a fat guy. He should have destroyed Silva once he got on top but he had no idea what the hell to do to create offense. He's very lucky Jon Jones got popped because he'd have gotten destroyed.

Lesnar is all strength. Once he gets on top of you, you're not going anywhere but he had multiple opportunities to just wreck Hunt. His inexperience/game just didn't allow him to capitalize. If he fights anyone with any kind of reach/speed, he's going to get put to sleep.

+1

I have just seen Meisha show much more toughness then she did in that fight......I know she got her nose broke but in the past that would not have stopped her

This was a girl that refused to tap out to Rousey and wrecked her arm for it

She took a body shot that obviously hurt her bad as she went down on a delayed reaction....either Nunes hits like a truck or Meisha is just happy she won the title and it wouldnt shock me to see her announce retirement.

I have just seen Meisha show much more toughness then she did in that fight......I know she got her nose broke but in the past that would not have stopped her

This was a girl that refused to tap out to Rousey and wrecked her arm for it

She took a body shot that obviously hurt her bad as she went down on a delayed reaction....either Nunes hits like a truck or Meisha is just happy she won the title and it wouldnt shock me to see her announce retirement.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Tate retires. I think Nunes hits like a truck.

"Former training partner Rashad Evans claims that Jon Jones tested positive for estrogen blockers in an out-of-competition test before UFC 200.

During a video segment as a correspondent for CBS Sports, the ex-Jackson-Wink MMA representative said a source within Albuquerque, N.M.-based camp informed him of the nature of Jones’ failed drug test. Evans did not name the substance or substances for which Jones tested positive. During a recent appearance on “The Herd,” UFC President Dana White said Jones tested positive for two banned substances."

Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Rashad-Evans-Says-Jon-Jones-Tested-Positive-for-Estrogen-Blockers-Prior-to-UFC-200-107871#gcTAj3le2m2rKeV6.99

"Former bantamweight queen Miesha Tate could be out for up to 185 days following her loss to Amanda Nunes in the UFC 200 headliner.

The Nevada Athletic Commission recently released a list of medical suspensions from the event, which took place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas this past Saturday. Tate was submitted by a rear-naked choke 3:16 into the opening round of her featured clash with Nunes.

Prior to the submission, “Cupcake” ate several hard punches to the face, and she revealed during the post-fight press conference that she likely suffered a broken nose during the fight. That injury has since been confirmed, and Tate must be cleared by a doctor or she cannot compete for 185 days. At a minimum, she will be out for 60 days with no contact for 45 days."

He should get it too. I can't stand Lesnar, which probably skews my judgement.

I'm with you. I'd be pissed if I was Hunt. Taking a loss from a juiced up monster. The fight could have and probably would have gone differently if Lesnar wasn't on something.