Liberal Protests

B-Man

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

EXACTLY.

He made a terrific Rose Garden speech,

Then a symbolic walk over to the just vandalized "Church of the Presidents"

5ed58fe685f540103b19cde9.JPG

The Left immediately saw that it was very effective...................and threw everything (and continue to) against it.

Effective? Yeah I'll say it was effective....effective at pissing off a ton of Christian folks who see through this blatant attempt to pander to evangelicals with this phoney display of piety...Please.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Effective? Yeah I'll say it was effective....effective at pissing off a ton of Christian folks who see through this blatant attempt to pander to evangelicals with this phoney display of piety...Please.

You are entitled to your opinion Ma'am, but that is not what I am hearing.

• Sad 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Insane is the right word. How can anyone hope to reason with or find common ground with people like this? The answer is you can't and anything short of marching in lockstep with their agenda makes you a racist.

• Like (+1) 4

43 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I don't agree with any of the destructiveness that has been happening. I think the whole phrase is, "a few bad apples spoil the bunch." 

I think all cops have a tough job, and most of them want to protect and serve. But I think the laws and culture of policing are setup to protect, intentionally or not, to protect the bad cops. And I've seen enough retaliation and punishment against the preverbal good cop for speaking out against the actions of the bad cop to believe that the system needs to be reformed. 

Sorry, just not true.

Two other things:

(1) A standard for the use of deadly force already exists. What people are calling for is a concrete, objective standard. That is ridiculous. It's like telling you that you have to meet 3 specific, measurable criteria to be in fear of your life, and If those three thigs do not all exist and you still are in fear of your life, then that fear is not legitimate. We are talking about human beings making, what are often, split-second decisions, based on various criteria and fluid dynamics.

(2) Almost every police killing is reviewed by outside agencies and every one should be. What I don't believe should happen is leaving the decision on the legitimacy of the actions of the Officer in the hands of a civilian review board. I have no problems with such boards existing and working with departments; however, they should not have that authority.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Sorry, just not true.

Two other things:

(1) A standard for the use of deadly force already exists. What people are calling for is a concrete, objective standard. That is ridiculous. It's like telling you that you have to meet 3 specific, measurable criteria to be in fear of your life, and If those three thigs do not all exist and you still are in fear of your life, then that fear is not legitimate. We are talking about human beings making, what are often, split-second decisions, based on various criteria and fluid dynamics.

(2) Almost every police killing is reviewed by outside agencies and every one should be. What I don't believe should happen is leaving the decision on the legitimacy of the actions of the Officer in the hands of a civilian review board. I have no problems with such boards existing and working with departments; however, they should not have that authority.

Well said. The standard for the use of deadly physical force appears in Penal Law article 35 in New York State.  And, at least in NYS, officer-initiated deaths are reviewed by the AG’s office so as to take local politics out of the equation.  As those instances should be.  

19 minutes ago, B-Man said:

We’re all equal at the foot of the cross.  But, according to bunker boy, we have to honor those who fought for inequality.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/president-trump-rails-against-removal-beautiful-confederate-statues-n793451

34 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is a part of what I'm talking about.  The Whitewashing of facts on the ground.   

20 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Another example of the Orwellian society we are in today.

This is a form of what Orwell considers "thought crime".

I'm going to make this a theme.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, B-Man said:

This is the shaming of America. It is nothing more than bullying people who disagree with you into agreeing with you. It is a minority of this country that engages in it, and they rely on the decency of the majority to acquiesce because they are decent people who do not want to be perceived in the manner they are being depicted.

It is the very absence of tolerance by those who wrap themselves up in that particular virtue.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 5

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The Blue Wave is coming for Trump. 2018 showed the way 

It is, or it isn't. You've been wrong before, pretty consistently.  

10 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Whatever. Like everyone else, if Trump walking to the church is the hot button issue that really riles 'em, they should vote their conscience. 

Maybe they can do it from the 11 x12 home office where they worship, mask on, while watching services online because the government tells them they are cowardly, dumb , selfish and ignorant if they attempt to celebrate together.   Hell, if they have two monitors maybe they can watch their local politician marching arm and arm with other citizens, those who apparently are immune to the super bug, not a mask in sight.   Or, maybe they can use the second monitor to track the movement of the wandering hoard of looters and vandals, maybe they can see their church if the vandals get to the right neighborhood.   There really are a lot of options when the government locks you down. It's liberating. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Can't really have an honest conversation with people on the left or in this movement, because they begin from a point of dishonesty.

Amen.

• Like (+1) 3

One positive out all this bullshite. 

For all the hard work the left has done at gun grabbing, this has set it back 30 years. In fact, they are going to be more popular than ever.

All the fake mass shooting. The constant fear tactics traumatizing young kids in elementary schools with active shooter drills. On and on, all for not. No one in their right mind would give up personal protection now.

Edited by Dante
  • Like (+1) 7

6 minutes ago, Magox said:

mmhmmm

Yep, I'm sure if the White House just allowed people to go right up to it, that everything would be kosher.  Kumbaya, you name it.

It's so transparent... 

Why does she want this? To spark more riots near the White House. 

Why does she want that? To get people to storm the grounds. 

Why does she want that? So that when those people storm the grounds they get turned to mist by the USSS. 

Why does she want that?

Imagine the propaganda and photo ops that would bring. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Well said. The standard for the use of deadly physical force appears in Penal Law article 35 in New York State.  And, at least in NYS, officer-initiated deaths are reviewed by the AG’s office so as to take local politics out of the equation.  As those instances should be.  

We’re all equal at the foot of the cross.  But, according to bunker boy, we have to honor those who fought for inequality.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/president-trump-rails-against-removal-beautiful-confederate-statues-n793451

Right on the outside review. It should always happen.

As for the issue of confederate statues, I am somewhat conflicted. I am not a big fan of erasing history and I feel it is a slippery slope. I also recognize that we don't want to glorify something as horrific as slavery. I think distinctions can be made. There are statues and monuments that were erected specifically to endorse white supremacy and the inferiority of the black race. I have no problem doing away with those because of the intent behind their construction. I am not a fan of eradicating statues/monuments/etc. of people that were created to honor their contributions to this country, simply because they also held a belief we might find reprehensible today, but was not that uncommon in their time. Lots of honest dialogue on that issue.

10 minutes ago, Magox said:

mmhmmm

Yep, I'm sure if the White House just allowed people to go right up to it, that everything would be kosher.  Kumbaya, you name it.

Is one of the requirements of being mayor in DC is crack addict?

• Like (+1) 2