Liberal Protests

B-Man

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Billy can snuggle with Donnie in Donnie’s DC bunker of Billy brings some McD’s with him to Washington.  

Billy won't be able to make it.  He'll be the one who actually has to bunker-down.

42 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

@Jauronimo  No more questions.  Just statements. THESE are the people we are asking the National Guard to "take down".  If some people with paper cuts get caught in the cross fire so be it.  You don't want your skull cracked stay the ***** home.  This ***** has gotten serious.  

You are late to the party so spare me your self-righteous indignation (or as my main man Joe in Winslow would say, virtue signalling).  Magox took a break from warning about the looters and unlawful bunch who threaten the nation to laugh at the liberal pussies and soi bois.  Expect some jokes if you insist of having your cake but eating it too.    

PPP can't take a joke all of a sudden.   Might need to start some threads about the pussification of PPP.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Ok....I just did a 180 on this whole protest thing.  Burn it to the ground (with deBlahblahblah inside)!!!

36 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

No one knows if this is true or not.

We have hope!

Edited by KD in CA

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

No it's a good post.  I agree with about half of it.  

The problem with UI is that people don't just work, and many who work the hours they do just to pay bills and put food on the table.  They work because that gives them purpose and the feeling of value.  

Since the far left has mocked hard work and has considered the American dream a punchline, I really can't have that conversation with them.  

Sane people know the opportunities you have in this country are like none on the planet.  

Play by the rules.

Get your high school diploma 

Go to college---- and in this "racist" country we have for decades helped get more and more minorities into these incredibly racist institutions where for decades their professors trash the country and the evil white man. 

Get married, stay married (I know this is hard, but if it works out your odds and your kids improve if it does).  Don't have kids out of wedlock would help.

Done.  We can't all be "rich."  But we all can make it and make our lives better than we are misled to believe.  Too many have grown up especially in the last 30 years thinking we're the problem.  No. The Democrat party in bed with the media becoming full on globalist commies lying to you about what it's really like in America is the problem.

I live on a street in a neighborhood in a suburb in Virginia that is at least 40% minority.  Its one of the wealthiest counties in America (I'm not btw but my wife and I have done ok).  How did this happen in such a racist country let alone Virginia----especially before it was taken over by Gov Blackface and the Commies out of Fairfax.    

So when these Antifa lunatics talk about "coming for the suburbs" those idiots are so unwoke they don't even understand they'll be destroying the homes or businesses of African Americans who worked hard and made it in order to get out of the disaster in our inner cities so they could give their kids a better life.  Unwoke racist lib elites.  They have no clue.  

I appreciate you taking the time to read it and respond thoughtfully. 

I think UI is something that needs to be explored further, otherwise the job market and poverty are going to deteriorate further.

I think people fail to realize how many millions of jobs are going to be replaced by computers over the next 10 years. Those people for the most part lack any education, and they're going to be left with nothing to do.

It doesn't have to be a lot, but Andrew Yang's idea of $1000 a month per adult is interesting to me. Maybe not yet, but in 2-3 years I think it'll be a necessity to keep millions of low wage earners who have been rendered obsolete out of poverty.

Again, I appreciate your response. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Aaaaaa-oooooooo

Werewolves of London!

I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand
Walking through the streets of Soho in the rain
He was looking for the place called Lee Ho Fook's
Gonna get a big dish of beef chow mein
Aa-hooo! Werewolves of London!
Aa-hooo!
Aa-hooo!
If you hear him howling around your kitchen door
You better not let him in
Little old lady got mutilated late last night
Werewolves of London again
Aa-hooo!
Aa-hooo!
He's the hairy-handed gent who ran amuck in Kent
Lately he's been overheard in Mayfair
You better stay away from him
He'll rip your lungs out, Jim
I'd like to meet his tailor
Aa-hooo!
Aa-hooo!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I numbered your paragraphs for my responses:

1. Agree and disagree. I believe lobbyists hold way too much influence with politicians and it usually benefits corporations and the wealthy. I don't believe in class warfare and I don't believe the way to empower the poor and disadvantaged is to unfairly punish the wealthy. I believe liberal social policies and conservative indifference have disintegrated the nuclear family in poor communities, eliminated opportunities, and created inter-generational dependency on the government. I believe in conservative fiscal policies and empowerment through economic growth. I think Democrats and Conservatives have blocked that growth over partisan politics.

2. Agree. Neither party has represented me for a long time. Actually, if you took the moderate Democrats and moderate Republicans and created a new party, it would probably be the largest party and most representative of the majority of Americans.

3 -5. Agree and disagree. Lower socioeconomic areas in this country have been ignored and are synonymous with lack of hope and opportunity. They are heavily dominated, population wise, by blacks, and are beseiged with the highest levels of crime - particularly violent crime. Blacks are disproportionately represented as both victims and offenders across the board in violent crimes. When any police department allocates its resources, they allocate them according to need, with the areas having the most violent crime receiving the most resources. So, in effect, a disproportionate amount of law enforcement resources are dedicated to black communities. This leads to a disproportionate amount of interactions between police and black men, particularly within the context of a higher potential for emotionally charged situations and escalation of violence.

Accountability on the part of the police should always be a priority. I am in favor of body cams, intensive training, and reviews of any police shootings by outside agencies, but not civilian review boards - all of which are present now. I think there also has to be accountability in the black communities and black leaders need to take the initiative to address the intra-racial violence in black neighborhoods. We also need a bipartisan approach to creating growth in these areas and empowering people.

More than that though, we have had a national narrative pushed for a long time now that law enforcement agencies are systemically racist and intentionally target blacks simply because of their race. People in power have pitted law enforcement and the black community against each other, for their own self-interests, to the point where people literally believe that blacks cannot walk down the street without fear of being murdered by the police. It just isn't true. The truth is, there are over 6 million contacts per year between officers and black citizens and about 200-225 deaths per year. Young black men stand a far greater chance of being killed by other black men than they do of being killed by the police. It doesn't mean that Law enforcement is free of racist officers or officers that have their own pathologies that should preclude them from ever carrying a gun and being in a position of power and authority. I just don't believe they represent a majority of the police, just as I don't believe black criminals represent the majority of blacks.

As far as the militarization of the police. We have had years of stereotyping blacks and sterotyping the police, to the point of mutual distrust and to the point where it is almost open warfare at times. Make no mistake about it many of the encounters in the black community begin with heightened emotions and potential for violence. Crowds gather at any attempt to confront a suspect, cell phones are out, and the open taunting of the police begins. 

Unfortunately, therre is no open, honest dialogue at the national level. The discussion has to begin with an admission that there is systemic racism in law enforcement. Think about it in context of what we are being told. "It is open season on young black men by law enforcement." "Black men are being systematically murdered by law enforcement." What they are saying is that law enforcement officers, as a whole, are so racist that they would willingly kill a person, condone the killing of that person, and cover-up the killing of that person - as long as that person is black. The facts don't support it. But, that is where we are at.

6. Agree. We need to look at new and creative ways to bring economic growth to poor areas, which will, in turn, create opportunity and hope.

We agree on a lot. I appreciate the time you took to respond. 

Fiscally I'm also conservative, and I hate waste, however I believe that social programs are essential to maintain a functioning society. I view many of these as being necessary. I think a lot of those programs fall way short of the mark, but I think their intended purpose is the right one. Trying to keep people out of poverty will lead to prosperity for all of society, because there will be less crime. The issue is that so many good ideas get ruined by the bureaucracy.  

I totally agree on the need for a third, centrist party. I think it would probably win every election in a landslide. I don't understand how a party that wants to allow people to exercise their basic freedoms, while providing an adequate safety net of social programs to the most vulnerable doesn't exist.

Take the huge number of things all Americans agree on and just run on those things. Let the fringes run at polar opposite ends of the spectrum and let them disappear into obscurity. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Good points. 

I have been thinking for a while that the discrepancy in sentincing etc may have to do with $$ more than racism.  If a poor black person (or any color for that metter) gets arrested and charged with a crime, they can't hire Johnny Cochran or F Lee Bailey cuz they have no money.  Instead they get a Public Defender.  So they get a longer sentence.  Meanwhile affluenza boy gets off cuz his parents could afford a good lawyer.

In the criminal justice system money talks more than anything else.  The OJ trial proved the system works.  A rich black man can get off just like a rich white man.

As to your second paragraph this is very true and far from only people with menial service jobs.  Microsoft recently laid off 50 journalists to replace them with AI.  These were good jobs by skilled educated professionals probably hauling in some decent coin gone.  Poof.  Radiologists and Pharmacists are also being automated out of bidness.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/30/21275524/microsoft-news-msn-layoffs-artificial-intelligence-ai-replacements

AI and automation are a barrelling freight train headed down the tracks right for us working people and our way of life.  Yet very few of our leaders are talking about it.  I don't even think they realize it yet.

No one is paying attention and I think the reason why is because they're all owned by big corporations who essentially are the freight train.

Don't let people know what's going to happen and that millions of them will all be out of a job within 10 years because that's not what your political donor class wants. 

The sad part is it's going to affect everyone. 

From the restaurant worker working a cash register at a fast food chain, to the truck driver hauling freight, all of those jobs are going to be gone sooner than people think. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

And just kidding mostly. Danville/Walnut Creek is actually quite nice.  I worked in Walnut Creek the last couple of years I lived there.  I do miss that area.  It's the other side of the tunnel where things kind of go to hell. 

dublin was nice too but got priced out of my apartment .and moved ttoTracy in 2012. Back to Cheektowaga after my stroke in 2914l  But Dublin elected Swaliwell (Ssp?) so there is some bad about it.?

6 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

Know how you can tell the dimwit libs? They think that can sway people to their BS

on a website...which makes the whole effort a useless waste of time on their part.

You the scared "protesters"(wink wink) that sit home in moms basement?

or you just get off on being hated, lol.

You’re such an adorable pup - you think I’m here to change your mind? 

LMAO

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I didn't care about the Russia thing because there was no way they could prove it. It was pointless. I always told people back when it started that this will only help Trump. They laughed at me. Even if there was collusion, not saying there was, they would never be able to prove it. 

It's not the right thread for a lengthy discussion -- but I'd suggest that you're failing to see the bigger picture of what happened. You're focused on "they not being able to prove it" while omitting that the "they" was the outgoing president and the heads of the CIA, DOJ, FBI, and every major media corporation on the planet. And, you're omitting/not realizing that what "they" did was fabricate a piece of fiction to cover up for their own sins. Not only was it the first time in our country's history an outgoing president undermined the peaceful transition of power -- he did so in order to hide even larger crimes committed by his own lieutenants. 

If "real issues" matter to you, then you owe it to yourself to re-examine the entire saga with fresh eyes and all the primary source material now available in OS. There's never been a bigger scandal in this country's history. The fallout has not even begun.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2