Liberal Protests

B-Man

6 minutes ago, Magox said:

In other words Biden who was a senator all his life and VP for 8 years, could never do any of the things he proposed, when in fact they never federally prosecuted any of these sort of police abuses that occurred and that he passed legislation that contributed to "systemic racism".  Joe "you ain't black" Biden has no authority to speak on this matter when he has been a part of the system that he just railed on all his life.

Biden is not 100% perfect so stay with Trump? Weak, so weak 

Just a terribly weak argument 

7 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Get your paperwork in order or the police have carte blanche to breakup your peaceful protest?  That doesn't sound like protecting or serving.

“Law Enforcement”. If the law is you need a permit to lawfully protest, and you don’t have said permit, the protest is therefore illegal. Er go, the cops *can* enforce that law. Carte Blanche? No. Either you don’t know what that means, or you don’t understand that tear gas and flashbangs are accepted and legal means of breaking up illegal protests. 

Edited by Sig1Hunter
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Sig1Hunter said:

“Law Enforcement”. If the law is you need a permit to lawfully protest, and you don’t have said permit, the protest is therefore illegal. Er go, the cops *can* enforce that law. Carte Blanche? No. Either you don’t know what that means, or you don’t understand that tear gas and flashbangs are accepted and legal means of breaking up illegal protests. 

Clearly the smart answer from law enforcement is more of the same.  Winning back the public trust one flashbang at a time.  CS gas isn't permissible under the Geneva Convention but if the police manual says you should dispense it like Pez if you doubt they have a permit then it must be the right thing to do.  

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So you agree with me. Then why go after me personally when you say you agree with me? 

I agree with you that "racism is stupid, destructive and wrong." I do not agree with your indiscriminate labeling of people who think differently than you on political issues as racist.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

How? 

I'm not going to catch this fish for you, but perhaps you can learn. Read my post again, then read your response. Can you determine where you attributed intent to someone else's actions based on your personal interpretation? 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Clearly the smart answer from law enforcement is more of the same.  Winning back the public trust one flashbang at a time.  CS gas isn't permissible under the Geneva Convention but if the police manual says you should dispense it like Pez if you doubt they have a permit then it must be the right thing to do.  

There was nothing violent in what the police did. They slowly and systematically moved the crowd away from the area they wanted them moved. 

Don't really see much outrage from you over the 8 police officers who have been shot over the last few days.

The public showing they can be trusted by shooting one officer at a time?

YOU CAN’T CALL THEM LOOTERS WHEN THEY LOOT, BECAUSE TRUMP USES THAT WORD AND HE’S THE ENEMY.

THAT’S HOW #JOURNALISM WORKS:

Screen-Shot-2020-06-02-at-9.50.45-AM.png

So just because they’re looting, you can’t call them “looters.” You say “some protesters broke into the store and stole whatever was on the shelves.”

Weird, you’d think it would be people opposed to the protests who’d want to blur the line between peaceful protesters and violent looters.

But then, we’ll have the press defending church-burning before this is all over.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Bolsheviks did not believe in voting rights, Democrats are fighting hard to expand democracy. It's really coming down to you either support Trump, or you support democracy. 

Trump now threatening martial laws as he tries to enflame the situation. 

These particular Bolsheviks believe in voting rights. Until the get power. Then. to protect the workers and the general good, they will take that away. 

The situation has already been inflamed. By said Bolsheviks. The line has been crossed from protesting to war. They are harming innocent citizens and private property. The Bolsheviks do not have the right to do that. No matter how principled they believe they are. I am weary of the police state as anyone but good citizens are dying at the hands of psychopaths. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

CS gas isn't permissible under the Geneva Convention

:lol:

What?

Perhaps a bit more research next time. It's banned in warfare (though EVERY person who enlists in the Army at least is exposed to it repeatedly), but there is NO restriction on using it to disperse civilian mobs.

Good God man. Clutch pearls much?

If you are more focused on tear gas being applied on the protesters more so than the 4 police officers who were shot in St Louis, Police officer shot in the head and died in Las Vegas, the police officer who was ambushed and shot in Iowa, the national guard members who were ran over in Buffalo NY, the police officer who was ran over in NYC, the multiple NY officers who were gang beat up by rioters and the countless stores that were destroyed, then I don't know what to tell you, other than your priorities are all out of wack.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

There was nothing violent in what the police did. They slowly and systematically moved the crowd away from the area they wanted them moved. 

Don't really see much outrage from you over the 8 police officers who have been shot over the last few days.

The public showing they can be trusted by shooting one officer at a time?

The public doesn't work for the police.   

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

:lol:

What?

Perhaps a bit more research next time. It's banned in warfare (though EVERY person who enlists in the Army at least is exposed to it repeatedly), but there is NO restriction on using it to disperse civilian mobs.

Good God man. Clutch pearls much?

My research is fine.  Your reading comprehension could improve.

So impermissible in warfare but appropriate for our citizens???  Nothing to see here.  Law enforcement is once again above any reproach.

19 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Lol. I doubt they had a permit. I’m sure the DC Metro Police knew whether they did or not. Maybe read up on law, case law, and use of force? It’s not just the “police manual” that allows it. 

BTW - you crack me up on the main board. 

Just now, Magox said:

If you are more focused on tear gas being applied on the protesters more so than the 4 police officers who were shot in St Louis, Police officer shot in the head and died in Las Vegas, the police officer who was ambushed and shot in Iowa, the national guard members who were ran over in Buffalo NY, the police officer who was ran over in NYC, the multiple NY officers who were gang beat up by rioters and the countless stores that were destroyed, then I don't know what to tell you, other than your priorities are all out of wack.

I'm just as focused on McAtee, the civilians who were run over in NYC, the multiple protesters who were gang beat in the streets, pepper sprayed with minimal provocation.  

As a functional adult, I am capable of understanding that violence against the police is wrong while also understanding that looting is wrong and yet still having an issue with the number of instances of police brutality I am witnessing during protests about police brutality.  

17 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'm not going to catch this fish for you, but perhaps you can learn. Read my post again, then read your response. Can you determine where you attributed intent to someone else's actions based on your personal interpretation? 

He obviously appealed to people's prejudices running for office. He didn't scapegoat immigrants for a non-existent crime wave for no reason. He scapegoated immigrants as criminals for a reason. To win votes 

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

The public doesn't work for the police.   

My research is fine.  Your reading comprehension could improve.

So impermissible in warfare but appropriate for our citizens???  Nothing to see here.  Law enforcement is once again above any reproach.

No it doesn't. However, I find it interesting, but not surprising, that with all of the violent criminal behavior taking place, your indignation is over the police moving a peaceful crowd to a new location.

There isn't anyone here saying that LE Officers are above reproach. But hey, since you seem to have such a problem with them, why don't you step up to the front of the next riot and show Officers how it should be done....

10 minutes ago, Dante said:

These particular Bolsheviks believe in voting rights. Until the get power. Then. to protect the workers and the general good, they will take that away. 

The situation has already been inflamed. By said Bolsheviks. The line has been crossed from protesting to war. They are harming innocent citizens and private property. The Bolsheviks do not have the right to do that. No matter how principled they believe they are. I am weary of the police state as anyone but good citizens are dying at the hands of psychopaths. 

Why? No need to. Demographics are changing in Democrats favor very quickly. When Texas goes solidly Democratic you guys are going to have to change the GOP A LOT to win the presidency again. 

9 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

EVERY police force on this planet uses it.

All of them.

But yes, above reproach.

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!