Songs that make you want to watch a movie

shrader

The last song I heard on the radio this morning was Layla by Derek and the Dominoes. So needless to say, I'm going to be wanting to watch Goodfellas all day.It made me realize that for me personally, there is no other song that drives me to a movie quicker than this one. Obviously something like the Ghostbusters theme would have the same effect, but that's not something you're going to hear on the radio.

So what other songs do this for you? There are a couple I'm expecting to see mentioned.

Slightly off the thread, but I really had no interest in seeing Suicide Squad when it comes out. I never followed that story in the comics or graphic novels, but after I saw the trailer set to Bohemian Rhapsody (which thanks to Waynes World I have since hated), I changed my mind not only about the movie, but the song as well.

On topic, whenever I hear "Gimme Some Lovin" by the Spencer Davis Group, I want to see that dreck of a movie Days of Thunder, because this scene is so hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWAnRj9e4VA

On topic, whenever I hear "Gimme Some Lovin" by the Spencer Davis Group, I want to see that dreck of a movie Days of Thunder, because this scene is so hilarious.

Speaking of Tom Cruise movies, I wonder if anyone drives people to movies more than Kenny Loggins. I'm pretty sure it's a scientific fact that he created every single movie soundtrack.

"Michael Squints Palledorous walked a little taller that day and we had to tip our hats to him. He was lucky she hadn't beat the crap out of him. We wouldn't have blamed her. What he did was sneaky, rotten, low and cool..."

This Magic Moment (2:30 mark of video)

Edited by BringBackFergy

Speaking of Tom Cruise movies, I wonder if anyone drives people to movies more than Kenny Loggins. I'm pretty sure it's a scientific fact that he created every single movie soundtrack.

Definitely with Caddy Shack. And Vacation (Holiday Roooooooooad) Edit: Oops, that was Lindsay Buckingham.

Simple Minds - Breakfast Club

Peter Gabriel -- Say Anything

Tequila - Pee Wee's Big Adventure

Edited by KD in CT

"Michael Squints Palledorous walked a little taller that day and we had to tip our hats to him. He was lucky she hadn't beat the crap out of him. We wouldn't have blamed her. What he did was sneaky, rotten, low and cool..."[/size]

This Magic Moment (2:30 mark of video)[/size]

For evvvvvvv. Errrrrr ! Squints was the man.

Tequila - Pee Wee's Big Adventure

Now this is a trip. I had a Facebook post mentioning that the Champs recording of this hitting #1 on Billboard on this date in 1958 and the first thing that came to my mind was Pee Wee's Bug Adventure

Edited by Chef Jim

My Cherie amour >>> Tiny Dancer by a smidge.

In almost famous terms.

something about that scene where penny lane is all strung out on quaaludes and needs her stomach pumped... And the song remarkably fits perfectly Edited by YoloinOhio