Carpenter restructures.

FireChan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think they re-structured in the possibility of cutting him to lower the hit?

Yep. He was set to receive a roster bonus very soon. Now he'll only get that money if he makes the 53 man roster.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Yep. He was set to receive a roster bonus very soon. Now he'll only get that money if he makes the 53 man roster.

He had to accept the restructure right?

another 500k towards Glenns contract.

seems like more show than substance.

I did expect a million off the top when i first saw the title.

He had to accept the restructure right?

another 500k towards Glenns contract.

seems like more show than substance.

I did expect a million off the top when i first saw the title.

He could have refused and been released

He kicked very well two years ago. Why so many down on a kicker that had an injury most of the year and never complained about it.

Kickers kick. It's not like the forbearance a position player gets. He missed way too many kicks last year to be comfortable.

If he shows throughout off season work and camp that he's regained form, great. But they should definitely be looking for

another kicking option, who can also kick-off.

We talk a lot about how Rex somehow messed up a great defense - I think he got inside a very good kickers head too. He was on Carpenter the first chance he got and never stopped. I never understood why he dissed Carp so publicly so soon.

He was injured in camp and never seemed to get his form back. He also was not only kicker with PATs last year, just what league wanted. IMO if he did not think he would make roster he would have refused restructure and be released earlier with best chance of making another roster.