Bills get a 'B' in free agency so far

Rubes

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charles confused me and think it's a loss.

i think it came down to either Bryant or Charles, and they kept Bryant. He's just a better fit for what they do on D. Charles was a healthy scratch for the Gameday roster several times last season. Not a bad player but not an essential player and can be replaced. Edited by YoloinOhio

In my opinion our biggest losses are Hogan & Charles.

So.....are we really going to not be able to replace 36 catches for 450 yards and 2 TD's? I guess Charles 9 tackles is huge too. Just can't find a guy to fill that void. LMAO. I love how every offseason, that the team is simultaneously supposed to keep everyone, make additions in free agency, AND draft 5 starters. It's so stupid to me that it's baffling. The Bills lost two starters in Bradham and Rambo, and neither were very good.

It's just a darn shame that this team is always changing course in the middle of a journey. Now the defense needs to be retooled and not just because the team lost some players.

Just think of what this free agency and draft could do to help the offense this season. The team still needs upgrades at RG, RT, a real #2 WR, a #2 TE and depth at several positions. Instead, the team will draft mostly for the defense because the HDAIC got an F in linear theory.

They don't need upgrades at RT or RG. They need the players they drafted to improve, which is very possible as they're still young in the game. Replacing them, after a year or two, would be, as you say, changing course. Even with improvement needed, the offense is on a good track. Difference makers at each skill position and the strongest players on the offensive line are under contract. Staying relatively healthy is also something they could use. Depth is an issue all over the league, Bills aren't the only team in that position. It's part of the natural turnover due to free agency and trying to improve.

I hear you about a Rex, but if one hires a coach, its not realistic to expect that coach not to bring what he believes in to the new team. If what he says is to be believed they utilized elements of Schwartz's system along with his own. Didn't work out. We'll see what happens now. This is a good draft for teams needing help on D. And if the Bills hit, they have good, cheap talent for the next four/five years to go along with Hughes, Dareus, A. Williams and Darby who are under contract also for the next four/five years. McCoy, Clay, Williams under contract. Re-sign Sammy and, if he takes the next step, Taylor. That's potential for a legitimate five year run. Next year the Bills have a lot of cap room to re-sign players.

i think it came down to either Bryant or Charles, and they kept Bryant. He's just a better fit for what they do on D. Charles was a healthy scratch for the Gameday roster several times last season. Not a bad player but not an essential player and can be replaced.

Yep. I think, as fans, folks only look at losses and additions. The coaches/GM see every practice rep and every game rep and are around each of these players daily. Moreso than us, they are very well aware why they prioritize one player over another. It's not like this is their profession or anything.