Mario to sign with Miami? [UPDATE: Signed]

boater

I don't think mario/bills is about him wanting one last payday vs taking a pay cut. He got cut, he didn't leave in FA. I don't believe the Bills wanted him on the team at 19, 10, 8 or 5 million. The huge salary and cap hit was one reason but not the only reason. If they wanted him back they would have offered an extension to lower the cap hit. If he refused and wanted to be cut instead that's a different story. I don't think they bothered making him any kind of offer, because they no longer wanted him on the team.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mario has made plenty of money in his career after 10 seasons. Many veterans begin to think of opportunities to win a championship in the late stages of their careers. You'd think that would be a motivator for Mario given that he has not even appeared in a playoff game.

Why?

I don't pretend to know what motivates any of these athletes. Many vets look for rings, some want to retire with their original teams, some look to maximize their earnings. Some just want to keep playing and will go anywhere there's a spot to compete. Which championship contender was knocking on Mario's door? Who did he turn down in order to wear the puke green and menstrual orange? I didn't see any rumors linking him to a legit contender.

I think its a silly criticism as it makes most of his hypocrites and has broader implications. KW isn't chasing rings and seems content to stay in Buffalo. Hes never sniffed the playoffs either. Do we question his motivations?

Why?

I don't pretend to know what motivates any of these athletes. Many vets look for rings, some want to retire with their original teams, some look to maximize their earnings. Some just want to keep playing and will go anywhere there's a spot to compete. Which championship contender was knocking on Mario's door? Who did he turn down in order to wear the puke green and menstrual orange? I didn't see any rumors linking him to a legit contender.

I think its a silly criticism as it makes most of his hypocrites and has broader implications. KW isn't chasing rings and seems content to stay in Buffalo. Hes never sniffed the playoffs either. Do we question his motivations?

Kyle has never given anyone reason to.

Why?

Nothing silly about it when an individual has shown himself to be primarily self interested in a team sport.

Ding!

By the logic applied to Mario's decision to take his talents to south beach, he sure has. KW is content to cash paychecks and stay in lowly Buffalo rather than compete for a championship. Hes made enough money over his career and never sniffed the playoffs. Why isn't he chasing rings?

Why?

I think you answered your own question by asking what motivates a player in the ultimate team sport. There's probably a reason why Mario didn't get calls from winning programs after he got cut, and by contrast, Freddie was contacted by two SB participants within an hour of his release.

By the logic applied to Mario's decision to take his talents to south beach, he sure has. KW is content to cash paychecks and stay in lowly Buffalo rather than compete for a championship. Hes made enough money over his career and never sniffed the playoffs. Why isn't he chasing rings?

He is and his effort shows that.

This is such a fallacy.

Mario gave up because he hated the new defensive system. Not saying it's right but he clearly disagreed with what was being asked of him.

We lost ton of games from 2012-2014, I didn't see him give up then.

No. Mario gave up because it is in him to give up. Several players hated the system and didn't give up. Attitude is a personal choice, regardless of how you feel about the environment.

GO BILLS!!!

I think you answered your own question by asking what motivates a player in the ultimate team sport. There's probably a reason why Mario didn't get calls from winning programs after he got cut, and by contrast, Freddie was contacted by two SB participants within an hour of his release.

That's a distinct possibility. So why do you want to blast the guy for not taking those offers that he probably didn't get?

That's a distinct possibility. So why do you want to blast the guy for not taking those offers that he probably didn't get?

If he lived up to the immense talent he was blessed with a 100% commitment, he could have been flooded with calls from contending teams.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I'm blasting him for the pi$$ poor effort last year that led to him not getting the calls from winning programs, doubled by the callout that he'll sign on the dot with the first team that offered him $10 million.

Mario would have people think that he was playing cornerback last year. The tape does not lie Mario.

P.S. It is also fascinating that Jim Schwartz did not appear to make any effort to have the Eagles sign Mario. One could say that, by not making any effort, Schwartz pulled a Mario.

Edited by Peter

Mario would have people think that he was playing cornerback last year. The tape does not lie Mario.

P.S. It is also fascinating that Jim Schwartz did not appear to make any effort to have the Eagles sign Mario. One could say that, by not making any effort, Schwartz pulled a Mario.

Is this gonna be the new horse to beat? Between these jokes and the Marrone jokes, the corpse of Pryor is rolling over.

Is this gonna be the new horse to beat? Between these jokes and the Marrone jokes, the corpse of Pryor is rolling over.

Speaking of "horses to beat," let's count the number of posts that you have written about Rex . . . .

Are you serious. Marrone jokes will never get old.

I bought some fancy ink for my printer so Doug's diary can live in paperback form.

If he lived up to the immense talent he was blessed with a 100% commitment, he could have been flooded with calls from contending teams.

Agreed.

I'm blasting him for the pi$$ poor effort last year that led to him not getting the calls from winning programs, doubled by the callout that he'll sign on the dot with the first team that offered him $10 million.

Well if he's not getting calls from winning programs should he sign with some scrub for the lowest he can get? I'm confused by this concept.

I get that as fans we value players who put the team first and play for the uniform. Our interests are not directly aligned with the players. Its hard to accept, apparently, but football is Mario's job. I do my job for top dollar. I'm not taking a pay cut to go work for the top firm in my field unless I think its more profitable long term. I'm not taking a pay cut to help my firm compete on price with our competitors. I'm 100% self interested when it comes to my profession.

I do not hold football players to a higher standard than I hold myself.

Agreed.

Well if he's not getting calls from winning programs should he sign with some scrub for the lowest he can get? I'm confused by this concept.

I get that as fans we value players who put the team first and play for the uniform. Our interests are not directly aligned with the players. Its hard to accept, apparently, but football is Mario's job. I do my job for top dollar. I'm not taking a pay cut to go work for the top firm in my field unless I think its more profitable long term. I'm not taking a pay cut to help my firm compete on price with our competitors. I'm 100% self interested when it comes to my profession.

I do not hold football players to a higher standard than I hold myself.

I really think this is a poor metaphor. In your job does your company compete for "championships" that result in accolades for the entire organization and represent a rare level of achievement? Do competitors of yours walk around showing you their "rings" from making the most sales for the year (or whatever you do)?

Professional sports are different.

Are you serious. Marrone jokes will never get old.

I bought some fancy ink for my printer so Doug's diary can live in paperback form.

Marrone jokes are like the crying Jordan face on Twitter. Never will get old.

Well said guys.