Cam's last fumble...

Big Turk

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't put any money on the Super Bowl and I'm not a huge Can fan, I have no issues with him but find it funny how everyone seems to hate him because he's having fun.

It's been pretty well covered that most people don't really care about him having fun and that most people were rooting against him because he was playing Manning. Had he been playing Brady, anyone who could pronounce the letter 'r' would have been pulling for Newton and Carolina.

What's funny is how people think media over analyzing the Super Bowl is somehow all about Cam. As if everyone didn't harp on Pete Carroll's screw up last year for weeks after the game.

I didn't put any money on the Super Bowl and I'm not a huge Can fan, I have no issues with him but find it funny how everyone seems to hate him because he's having fun.

I don't have much to beef about Cam. But, I do respect true leaders for giving praise to others and taking blame themselves. Instead of blaming others and taking the praise. Also, when you celebrate as hard as Cam does you need take losing with more grace OR be more humble when winning

I think he can and will learn this. And, if he doesn't he is still a great player, but, maybe not a great leader.

And, I still wish he was our QB regardless.

Those asking the questions

My answers...

What does manning, Brady or breeds have to do with Newtons choice?

What does it matter if you're told not to dive in to a pile as a qb when you're supposed to be the MVP, and more importantly the serious just have fun and I show the world type guy? Game on the line. tHE GAME. And he posed.

Why does he get excused for the potential of injury? This isn't sarcastaball. This is !@#$ing football. He runs the ball and dives around and doesn't worry about injury...

...except at the end of the game where he wanted a penalty running the ball outside of the pocket.

Maybe the game wasn't on the line but that's no excuse

Greg McElroy doesn't have to be an expert on tackling. Anyone who knows a lick about football knows the super bowl is the pinnacle of a career. How many players would have sacrafoced much more to even have a chance? A super bowl victory for most is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Cam may have blown his. He may not have. But it was a piss poor cowardly act. And his statements since are pathetic

Who hates him because he's having fun? I don't care for him because he's a poor loser and a poor winner. He whines, sulks and pouts when things aren't going well and he shoves it in his opponent's face when he's doing well. His behavior is what I repeatedly try to tell my 11 year old son is called "poor sportsmanship." Cam never learned that lesson. I'm not a fan of the behavior.

Just wondering, does anyone have any footage of Peyton, or Brady diving into a scrum after a fumble?

I have tried to google it but have only come up with videos of manning standing around after a fumble while others dive and try to recover. Its not that common to see a QB, who are usually told to stay safe and not do something to get injured (exactly why they are told to slide when anyone gets near them if they scramble).

So Peyton manning is the poster boy for sportsmanship, even though he left the field not shaking any of the winning teams hands after they lost to the Saints, because atleast he stood there and talked to the press after

Newton is a sore loser cause he shook the winners hands but walked out of a press conference after only a few questions after a loss

Cam doesn't dive into a scrum with o-linemen for a fumble and he is a bad teammate and only cares about himself, and also a P***Y

Peyton and many other QBs stand around after fumbles as they are also told not to do anything stupid where they could get hurt and nothing is said about them

Everyone cries that the NFL has become the "No Fun League" because they give penalties for guys celebrating and having fun on the field, then when Cam and his team have fun on the field and celebrate they "should act like they have been there before" and just hand the ball over to a ref after scoring

Yup, this all makes sense.......

he is not and logically can't be having fun playing football. When a direct result of his actions goes against everything he is all about than he is not all about having fun.

Unless of course whinning, temper tantrums, and immature behavior are fun, than I agree.

Else wise he is immature

Thanks for posting the replay. Before commenting here, I watched it again and looked at it frame-by-frame too. It looked like he was running to pick it up and then when Ware dove at it he was standing over it and couldn't flop on it - like he was caught in between. However, on bang-bang plays like this, you're going to look stupid if you over-think it and that's what I think he did. The correct play would have been to take one stride and dive on the ball.

I am no big fan of his nor am I a hater. (I save that passion for the Bills.) I don't think he wussed out, just misplayed it and by doing so, looked awkward and silly.

Way overblown. What's more interesting is peoples reactions - fans like us and the media types. My opinion is if you don't like Cam, you probably think he wussed out here.

Edited by Never NEVER Give-up

Thanks for posting the reply. Before commenting here, I watched it again and looked at it frame-by-frame too. It looked like he was running to pick it up and then when Ware dove at it he was standing over it and couldn't flop on it - like he was caught in between. However, on bang-bang plays like this, you're going to look stupid if you over-think it and that's what I think he did. The correct play would have been to take one stride and dive on the ball.

I am no big fan of his nor am I a hater. (I save that passion for the Bills.) I don't think he wussed out, just misplayed it and by doing so, looked awkward and silly.

Way overblown. What's more interesting is peoples reactions - fans like us and the media types. My opinion is if you don't like Cam, you probably think he wussed out here.

Cam admitted he wussed out. Edited by FireChan

I'm fine with Newton, but it feels like he is putting on a false face by "having fun", acting light hearted, and giving balls to kids, when really he is trying to attract attention to himself, and build up his image and "brand". Then when he loses, it all quickly fades, and out comes a sullen, selfish, spoiled douchebag.

That's okay, he is just a quarterback on a sports team, and there are plenty of those kinds of guys throughout the NFL, and he happens to get more of the spotlight. I have low expectations for athletes.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I'm fine with Newton, but it feels like he is putting on a false face by "having fun", acting light hearted, and giving balls to kids, when really he is trying to build up his image, and his "brand". And then when he loses, it all quickly fades, and out comes a sullen, selfish, spoiled douchebag.

That's okay, he is just a quarterback on a sports team, and there are plenty of those kinds of guys throughout the NFL, and he happens to get more of the spotlight.

Sorta like Brady and Belichick.

Cam admitted he wussed out.

No he didn't. If he did as you say - post the link please.

Watch the replay - he was going to pick-it-up in stride but Ware got to it first making him re-think his approach, so he hopped back, went down for it and it squirted behind him, etc. A guy who bangs with linebackers and hurdles for extra yards and TD's doesn't wuss-out.

Watch the GIF here:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/2/9/10949502/panthers-defend-cam-newton-fumble-super-bowl

Watch the replay - he was going to pick-it-up in stride but Ware got to it first making him re-think his approach, so he hopped back, went down for it and it squirted behind him, etc. A guy who bangs with linebackers and hurdles for extra yards and TD's doesn't wuss-out.

Watch the GIF here:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/2/9/10949502/panthers-defend-cam-newton-fumble-super-bowl

FC posted Cam's comments yesterday.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=3867934

Watch the GIF here:

Thanks.

I saw those too. Hardly saying he wussed-out. Just off-the-cuff responses. Neither eloquent nor descriptive.

I guess we can agree to disagree, but I have no problem with his play and competitive nature. Wish we had him!

Watch the GIF here:

Cam maybe didn't exactly say he wussed out. But, he knows he did. And, let's say he doesn't know most people and his teammates do know he wussed out. And, he wussed out in the biggest game of his life when he needed to be tough when it mattered most.