All-22 breakdown on Marcell Dareus 2015 season

YoloinOhio

I'm confused.

I thought Rex was attempting to run hybrid Schwartz's schemes for the earlier part of the season, which to my knowledge, doesn't involve 0 tech DT's. But he was doing less after the bye?

Schwartz wasn't much of a hybrid scheme guy, perhaps you are confusing him with Petine. And yes, Ryan had his DTs playing less nose after the bye.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schwartz wasn't much of a hybrid scheme guy, perhaps you are confusing him with Petine. And yes, Ryan had his DTs playing less nose after the bye.

GO BILLS!!!

I meant that Rex was running a hybrid of his scheme and Schwartz. Playing a zero tech DT quite a bit would seem to contradict that.

Edited by FireChan

Even if you can jump to the conclusion that the highest rated ILB (Raglond) and/or OLB (Lee) are available in the first round and the Bills do take one of the two, I would bet a testicle that they swing around and take a true NT in the second.

Anybody up for a penny ante bet?

Cuz. Rex. Sux.

Personal experience for i heard Rex was into feet.

Related to this discussion - I listened this morning and Jim Monos indicates they aren't looking for a specific position fit on D in the draft

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/22430434.php?contentType=4&contentId=18375631

This article lost me right away at "he's gonna use a guy to his strengths". I flash back to pretty much every game last season and watching Mario Williams and/or Marcel Dareus dropping back into pass coverage. "Strengths" he says? LMFAO. Sure. I also have a bridge with some trolls living under it that I want to sell someone. Takers?

How many times did Dareus drop into coverage? I honestly don't know. I know it was twice vs KC (1 per PFF). Just wondering if that's a real issue or something overblown. I'm just wondering if anyone has the numbers. Clearly we think, from a pass rushing capacity, he would have benefitted from a NT or Kyle being there so wasn't able to be as disruptive to the QB.

Edited by YoloinOhio

How many times did Dareus drop into coverage? I honestly don't know. I know it was twice vs KC (1 per PFF). Just wondering if that's a real issue or something overblown. I'm just wondering if anyone has the numbers. Clearly we think, from a pass rushing capacity, he would have benefitted from a NT or Kyle being there so wasn't able to be as disruptive to the QB.

It was rare, but Luxy's bridge trolls told him it was

all the time....

Edited by Mr. WEO

This article lost me right away at "he's gonna use a guy to his strengths". I flash back to pretty much every game last season and watching Mario Williams and/or Marcel Dareus dropping back into pass coverage. "Strengths" he says? LMFAO. Sure. I also have a bridge with some trolls living under it that I want to sell someone. Takers?

Mario and/or Marcel in every game I watched. I only watched about a dozen games, but it was mind numbing. Honestly guys, do some research on the zone blitz. That's essentially what Rex was trying to do. When less than half of the sacks that they did get came from their defensive line, it paints a good picture. To be fair to Weo here, it was rare when you consider it in the context of the number of plays they ran on defense. So if you run 50-55 plays on defense in a game and they do it once, it's not that much. That's really not the point though. If one out of 50 run plays, they asked Dan Carpenter to do it, would we be happy? Better yet, if Roman were telling us that Carpenter should be doing it because he fits the scheme better? Absurd example, but that's what was happening. I don't recall Mario or Marcel recording any passes defensed this season.

Lol, people are still bitching about Mario dropping in coverage?

CaOZOmYWQAA3uwQ.jpg

https://twitter.com/cover1eturner/status/694567244328734720

Mario dropped into coverage less than two times per game. Anyone remember the Patriots vs Broncos game a week ago where Von Miller had an INT and then they dropped a DT into coverage for the final play and stopped the Pats two point conversion?

There is a place for lineman to drop into coverage, but it doesn't work when not everyone is doing their job.

People should read this article: http://cover1.net/news/2016/1/21/2015-bills-defensive-study-defensive-line

CaOZOmYWQAA3uwQ.jpg

Mario dropped into coverage less than two times per game. Anyone remember the Patriots vs Broncos game a week ago where Von Miller had an INT and then they dropped a DT into coverage for the final play and stopped the Pats two point conversion?

There is a place for lineman to drop into coverage, but it doesn't work when not everyone is doing their job.

People should read this article: http://cover1.net/news/2016/1/21/2015-bills-defensive-study-defensive-line

Especially when that "lineman" is playing a standup LB position.

I get that it's not the best use of a pass rusher, but Mario has the athletic skills to lend to the effort. Big time.

He bucked early on and then just plain didn't give a crap as time wore on.

GO BILLS!!!

I hope we go either Billings or Spence in the first rd both of these players have all-pro potential.

Andrew Billings is a flat out beast at 19yrs old. He has explosive first step and a amazing burst when he closes in on a tackle. he has the size 6/2 325lbs and strength to play anywhere on the los. This kid has serious potential

CaOZOmYWQAA3uwQ.jpg

I doubt this will change people's minds. The meme is all set now.

Especially when that "lineman" is playing a standup LB position.

I get that it's not the best use of a pass rusher, but Mario has the athletic skills to lend to the effort. Big time.

He bucked early on and then just plain didn't give a crap as time wore on.

GO BILLS!!!

Was it apparent to you as it was to me that he slacked off? Some people (Nihalarian) are claiming that the scheme was the primary factor in Mario's lack of production. I agree that the defensive approach forced him to play with more control and area responsibility was an important factor in his level of play. But I still contend, especially as the season wore on, that he exhibited his frustration by not playing with a maximum effort and commitment. I thought his body language d was awful and indicated that he didn't care. I don't want to exaggerate his lassitude but for me it was evident.

Was it apparent to you as it was to me that he slacked off? Some people (Nihalarian) are claiming that the scheme was the primary factor in Mario's lack of production. I agree that the defensive approach forced him to play with more control and area responsibility was an important factor in his level of play. But I still contend, especially as the season wore on, that he exhibited his frustration by not playing with a maximum effort and commitment. I thought his body language d was awful and indicated that he didn't care. I don't want to exaggerate his lassitude but for me it was evident.

The word apparent doesn't quite capture it. It was blatantly obvious to anyone who has watched him closely over the years. He had NO explosion. At all. Barring some injury we don't know about, considering his early public disclosure of his displeasure with his role in the schemes, I am certain he just mailed it in.

GO BILLS!!!

The word apparent doesn't quite capture it. It was blatantly obvious to anyone who has watched him closely over the years. He had NO explosion. At all. Barring some injury we don't know about, considering his early public disclosure of his displeasure with his role in the schemes, I am certain he just mailed it in.

GO BILLS!!!

Thanks for the info.

Related to this discussion - I listened this morning and Jim Monos indicates they aren't looking for a specific position fit on D in the draft

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/22430434.php?contentType=4&contentId=18375631

Because if we were looking for a specific position fit, Monos would obviously spill the Bills beans and say just that?