East Coast Residents: Bunch of pansies

Thx, that brings me back to something I used to do...snow skitching. For those unfamiliar http://skiernet.com/skitching.php

or google it for videos. My favorite recollections are when a driver knew I was on & sped up. Then my boots would hit a dry patch in the road & I would fall off & tumble and bounce on the road for a good while. Nucking futs but what a great time.

We called it hopping cars in the Falls. You back in town?

BTW, driveway all shoveled and all cars are OUT!

No worries from the cardio side, but wholly chit , my shoulders and arms already sore as hell... Not looking forward to tomorrow!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx, that brings me back to something I used to do...snow skitching. For those unfamiliar http://skiernet.com/skitching.php

or google it for videos. My favorite recollections are when a driver knew I was on & sped up. Then my boots would hit a dry patch in the road & I would fall off & tumble and bounce on the road for a good while. Nucking futs but what a great time.

We called it hitching. I expected when I grew up that I was going to have my car hitched by kids and constantly be hit by snowballs. None of that happened. What the hell happened to kids?

Yeah, but you had all those "days off"...

Seriously, what kind of paper boy had days off? Wonder if he had paid medical too.

We called it skitching too. Fun times.

Seriously, what kind of paper boy had days off? Wonder if he had paid medical too.

We called it skitching too. Fun times.

I don't know, it musta been a progressive paper.

We called it "pogeying"....it's a made up word, so there is no correct spelling I know of. The main "pogeyer" in my town was....Ricky (Richard) Matt.

Two feet in NW DC. We're running into problems with where to put the snow, with such tight quarters. But, main roads are pretty cleared already... side streets are being taken care of by small bobcats, and neighbors shoveling into giant piles. Hoping a dump truck takes the piles out or something, as it is we're still kinda blocked in. Hell of a storm for the area!

Two feet in NW DC. We're running into problems with where to put the snow, with such tight quarters. But, main roads are pretty cleared already... side streets are being taken care of by small bobcats, and neighbors shoveling into giant piles. Hoping a dump truck takes the piles out or something, as it is we're still kinda blocked in. Hell of a storm for the area!

Two and a half where I am. I had to pay some kids to finish the driveway, because I broke both shovels. Out in Potomac, they had over 3.

For next year, I'm building a propane-powered, turbine driven snow blower/melter.

I don't know, it musta been a progressive paper.

We called it "pogeying"....it's a made up word, so there is no correct spelling I know of. The main "pogeyer" in my town was....Ricky (Richard) Matt.

Was pogeying a gateway into a life of high crime and murder?

Was pogeying a gateway into a life of high crime and murder?

Probably not the first step, but winters pogeying, and summers hopping trains, were surely a proving ground for this particular psychopath.

I mentioned it, because I associate it so strongly with him. Each winter, he and his brothers would wait for cars in front of the Boys Club (they liked an audience).