East Coast Residents: Bunch of pansies

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't take offense to this(you just happen to be the last one to respond in kind), but i hate the WNY/CNY snow bravado....growing up in syracuse until 27, moved to richmond for the next 20 years now in philly...i don't give a rats ass nor do i pretend to be better prepared for the snow because i was raised in it...it's not about how well prepared you are, it's how prepared the area you live in is. a foot of snow(hell, 6") is rightfully so, as crippling to Richmond as 36+" is to syracuse because they don't have the means to clear it and make the streets safe, WNY/CNY has the budget to clean snow, i don't want Richmond or Philly spending tax dollars on equipment that is going to sit around idle for 360 days a year. Invariably i see hot shot northerners off the road in the south because they think they can go the speed limit in questionable conditions.

People in new jersey B word about the snow...I tell them I come from Buffalo before coming to jersey and they STFU....

don't take offense to this(you just happen to be the last one to respond in kind), but i hate the WNY/CNY snow bravado....growing up in syracuse until 27, moved to richmond for the next 20 years now in philly...i don't give a rats ass nor do i pretend to be better prepared for the snow because i was raised in it...it's not about how well prepared you are, it's how prepared the area you live in is. a foot of snow(hell, 6") is rightfully so, as crippling to Richmond as 36+" is to syracuse because they don't have the means to clear it and make the streets safe, WNY/CNY has the budget to clean snow, i don't want Richmond or Philly spending tax dollars on equipment that is going to sit around idle for 360 days a year. Invariably i see hot shot northerners off the road in the south because they think they can go the speed limit in questionable conditions.

i passed a state trooper doing 55+ on NC52, a 4 lane divided highway during the freezing rain/ice/snow Friday. he was doing 25, at the most. i slowed down as i passed the vehicles and went back to 60. i don't pretend to be special at driving in the snow but i have a 4wd vehicle and realize that ice over snowpack is not too awful

in nc, 1" of snow, or any ice can shut things down for at least a day. 1" amounts to 1 day of closures. if we get 4-5 inches, you're looking at a week to recover.