Buffalo Rising

billsfan_34

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things Buffalo has that will propel it in the 21st century are hydro power and vast reserves of fresh water. Hydroelectric power is a green resource that companies looking to reduce their carbon footprint will seek out. And the South and West are running out of water. They won't be able to sustain large populations going forward.

Mr. Emoticon!

Probably not, but I can find anything I want. I may have to go to 2 stores. You're right though, I should probably move back for the grocery shopping.

I didn't say you should move back because of it. I said you're kidding yourself if you don't think Wegmans is special. There's no grocery store in the country that matches it. Considering it employs a large number of folks in WNY, taking pride in it isn't silly.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

I didn't say you should move back because of it. I said you're kidding yourself if you don't think Wegmans is special. There's no grocery store in the country that matches it. Considering it employs a large number of folks in WNY, taking pride in it isn't silly.

Cool, next time I hear someone dissing Buffalo, I will whip out "yeah, well what about Wegmans, huh? You'll never know the pleasure!". I'm sure they will be speechless.

As someone that moved back in 2005, you it's not be anywhere near the city limits. I work in downtown right off of Elmwood and in the last 2-3 the amount of building projects, cranes, electricians, carpenters, plumbers, etc downtown is noticeable everyday. According to CNN, Buffalo is 12th in the nation for construction and infrastructure projects currently underway. The medical corridor, solar city, the amount of historic building being renovated for dual purposes of business and apartments, and the young people choosing to move downtown is all there to see. I'm not sure where you are writing from, but it's clear you haven't been to the Queen City in awhile. Is there work still to do? Absolutely. But Cuomo is delivering on the Buffalo billion, the Pegulas have a strong presence downtown and investors from the area, Across the border and across the country are putting their money here.

Are NY taxes higher? Sure. But, so are services. As a parent of a special needs child, there are few states that can match the assistance, educational opportunities, medical care, that NY, and in particular Buffslo, offers.

And as for weather, my kids were at the park in January. Do we have some snowstorms? Sure do. But no hurricanes, tornados, or tropical storms that require FEMA assistance on a regular basis. I can snowblower a few times a year, enjoy all four seasons, and some of the best food choices in the nation.