Mock Draft

john_bult

That would be the worst idea ever. Don't quit your day job.

If this was a deeper and more talented QB class, I'd agree but this is a bad one.I don't want the 4th or 5th best QB in a weak draft class. Sounds like a stupid idea to me.

People have been saying that for a while now. This QB class is probably a B/ B+. Draft classes aren't going to be loaded with great prospects due to the spread really taking over in college and athleticism being more important in those ranks.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These were 2 mock drafts that I did tonight but this will all change as we sign and get rid of people.

Draftek Big Board
19: R1P19
ILB REGGIE RAGLAND
ALABAMA
49: R2P18
DT ANDREW BILLINGS
BAYLOR
80: R3P17
OT JOE HAEG
NORTH DAKOTA ST
114: R4P19
OLB NOAH SPENCE
E KENTUCKY
144: R5P17
TE TYLER HIGBEE
WESTERN KENTUCKY
174: R6P17
S JUSTIN SIMMONS
BOSTON COLLEGE
-----------------------------------------------

i would sign up for this every day. ragland, billings and stealing spence later. oh wow. would be awesome.

I think u might be talking bout Jayron Kearse. The kid is a freak like his uncle Javon. He'd be perfect in 2nd rd. Ed Reed would definitely mold this kid into a star.

jayron might be a athletic trek but that dude quits on so many plays. safety isn't spot you see guys quit often but that guy walks thru so many plays and just mails it in. there is a reason oj howard balled out and most of it starts with jayron kerse

I like the CBS draft. Let's keep Nkemdiche away from those balconies though. Thomas, Murphy and Jones are all nice prospects. Would've liked to see a safety here for Ed Reed to groom.

Aaron Williams will be Ed Reeds pupil. Pray he can come back. No more "grooming". Time to take the training wheels off and win next year.

Ragland is the same mold as Brown/Bradham, ideally all three of them would be two down backer's in the NFL. They all struggle in space and are easily exploited in coverage. At #19 we need to do better than a mild upgrade over two misfits.

Rex has a connection with Clemson I could see them drafting Lawson if he is still on the board. Personally Lawson looks more like a 4-3 DE than an edge rusher in the 3-4. He plays with passion and has a high motor so that will be appealing to a coaching staff and fan base that is soon to part with Mario. Lawson is the Anti-Mario.

DeRunnya Wilson somehow being there in the 4th round would be an absolute steal. Wonder what it's like to have a tall WR on the team.....

I'd be cool with Jaylon Smith even with the injury. He has the type of physical ability that could make him similar to Patrick Willis and would make the middle of our defense scary.

Don't want to go anywhere near Ragland, and thats not just because of the bowl season. Just don't see a 1st round talent with him.

I agree. I can't see how Wilson would be available in the 4th. Would be a fantastic grab. A big, talented WR like that would make the passing game amazing.

Bills have too many needs

#1-RT, #1-RG, #1-NT, #2-QB, #2-WR, #1OLB, #1-ILB, #2-TE, #1-S, #3-CB, #1-K,

some of these like K can be filled in FA. The Steelers will have two kickers next year (Boswell--who they likely keep) and Suisham. I'd take either of those guys for a competition w/ Carpenter. QB I would fill with UDFA Boykin from TCU.

QB JARED GOFF

CALIFORNIA

OLB NOAH SPENCE

EASTERN KENTUCKY

OT KYLE MURPHY

STANFORD

WR MIKE WILLIAMS

CLEMSON

K ROBERTO AGUAYO

FLORIDA STATE

DT NILE LAWRENCE-STAMPLE

FLORIDA STATE

:D

OLB DARRON LEE

OHIO STATE

TE O.J. HOWARD

ALABAMA

WR MIKE WILLIAMS

CLEMSON

QB DAK PRESCOTT

MISSISSIPPI STATE

TE NICK VANNETT

OHIO STATE

WR LEONTE CARROO

RUTGERS

I didn't mean to draft all offense, but after the first round, I much preferred the offensive players on board With this draft, our offense would be set the next 5 years

Edited by Pete

19: R1P19 OLB DARRON LEE

OHIO STATE

49: R2P18 TE O.J. HOWARD

ALABAMA

80: R3P17 WR MIKE WILLIAMS

CLEMSON

114: R4P19 QB DAK PRESCOTT

MISSISSIPPI STATE

144: R5P17 TE NICK VANNETT

OHIO STATE

174: R6P17 WR LEONTE CARROO

RUTGERS

I didn't mean to draft all offense, but after the first round, I much preferred the offensive players on board With this draft, our offense would be set the next 5 years

i wonder why Mike Williams is available on this? He's returning to Clemson. On another note - getting Caroo that late would be a major steal. Edited by YoloinOhio

I tried to go away from my normal route with this. I don't mind this one bit.

OT TAYLOR DECKER
OHIO STATE
ILB BLAKE MARTINEZ
STANFORD
WR DE'RUNNYA WILSON
MISSISSIPPI STATE
DT MATT IOANNIDIS
TEMPLE
C JACK ALLEN
MICHIGAN STATE
K KA'IMI FAIRBAIRN
UCLA

I want to dig into Decker some more but he might be my OT2 over Stanley. I think he's solid and dependable, which is a lot better than your average OL starter across the league.

After the consensus top 3, maybe Joe Haeg from NDSU in the 3rd. Parker Ehinger from Cincinnati might be a guy that interests me early Day 3. Not watched Shon Coleman yet but I don't see many Day 1 or even Year 1 options for the Bills.

Tunsil, Stanley, Decker and Conklin should all go in the 1st. I have a buddy that is a diehard ND fan and his feelings on Stanley are similar to mine on Decker. I don't love Conklin either. It really is a weak OT class.

one more attempt- I like this one better

DE DEFOREST BUCKNER
OREGON
DT ANDREW BILLINGS
BAYLOR
WR TRAVIN DURAL
LSU
TE NICK VANNETT
OHIO STATE
WR BRAXTON MILLER
OHIO STATE
DT D.J. READER
CLEMSON

I was torn between Travin Dorel and Rashard Higgins - but thought the Bills might prefer Dorel's size/speed numbers over Higgins production. Tough call

I traded back in the second and third rounds to pick up a couple of extra picks. Here's mine.

OLB JAYLON SMITH
NOTRE DAME
56: R2P25
WR JOSH DOCTSON
TCU
DE SHAWN OAKMAN
BAYLOR
DT SHELDON RANKINS
LOUISVILLE
120: R4P25
WR MIKE WILLIAMS
CLEMSON
OT CALEB BENENOCH
UCLA
150: R5P23
QB BRANDON DOUGHTY
WESTERN KENTUCKY
CB JAMES BRADBURY
SAMFORD

Tunsil, Stanley, Decker and Conklin should all go in the 1st. I have a buddy that is a diehard ND fan and his feelings on Stanley are similar to mine on Decker. I don't love Conklin either. It really is a weak OT class.

I really don't like Conklin. His technique is so inconsistent. I tweeted my frustration about him and a member of his family replied. AWKWARD! :lol:

here is another draft. I should probably mention that i'm addicted to doing simulations so I run this stuff like 5-10 times a day.

Fanspeak Big Board
WR LAQUON TREADWELL
OLE MISS
OLB NOAH SPENCE
EASTERN KENTUCKY
DT SHELDON RANKINS
LOUISVILLE
OT JOE HAEG
NORTH DAKOTA STATE
ILB JOE SCHMIDT
NOTRE DAME
TE TYLER HIGBEE
WESTERN KENTUCKY

here is another draft. I should probably mention that i'm addicted to doing simulations so I run this stuff like 5-10 times a day.

Fanspeak Big Board

WR LAQUON TREADWELL

OLE MISS

OLB NOAH SPENCE

EASTERN KENTUCKY

DT SHELDON RANKINS

LOUISVILLE

OT JOE HAEG

NORTH DAKOTA STATE

ILB JOE SCHMIDT

NOTRE DAME

TE TYLER HIGBEE

WESTERN KENTUCKY

I like it!! My list goes Treadwell, Nkemdiche, Jaylon Smith at 19.