Ok, I Think I Found My Calling

Chef Jim

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh BTW I had an idea for a gourmet food truck about 25 years ago. Came to the conclusion it was a bad idea and would never fly. :wallbash:

That is like my idea 15 years ago. I told my buddy that we should open a restaurant that specializes in poutine and good beer.

Fast forward, and now poutine and craft beer are the "in" thing.

Similar concept, different food, here in Columbus. Place is called Hot Chicken Takeover. Moved from a food truck, to a popup building open only on weekends, to a space in the Farmer's Market downtown. They make only a certain amount of chicken (at different degrees of spice), with the sides only being mac / cheese, cole slaw, and waffles. Tea, water is free.

Initially, the place was only open Wed - Fri. Now they are open Wed - Sun. They are very community oriented and have picked up a bunch of recognition.

http://hotchickentakeover.com/

Similar concept, different food, here in Columbus. Place is called Hot Chicken Takeover. Moved from a food truck, to a popup building open only on weekends, to a space in the Farmer's Market downtown. They make only a certain amount of chicken (at different degrees of spice), with the sides only being mac / cheese, cole slaw, and waffles. Tea, water is free.

Initially, the place was only open Wed - Fri. Now they are open Wed - Sun. They are very community oriented and have picked up a bunch of recognition.

http://hotchickentakeover.com/

This just reminded me of another concept idea I had over 20 years ago. Small hole in the wall place again but serving wings and only wings. Specializing in Buffalo wings of course but several different kinds along with them. Simple, fast, lower food cost. I even had a name for it. Wingnuts. :wallbash:

This just reminded me of another concept idea I had over 20 years ago. Small hole in the wall place again but serving wings and only wings. Specializing in Buffalo wings of course but several different kinds along with them. Simple, fast, lower food cost. I even had a name for it. Wingnuts. :wallbash:

Only problem is the name. You'd get people coming in trying to order walnuts or cashews or something.

(You know I'm right. You know restaurant customers are just that stupid.)