Ok, I Think I Found My Calling

Chef Jim

This just reminded me of another concept idea I had over 20 years ago. Small hole in the wall place again but serving wings and only wings. Specializing in Buffalo wings of course but several different kinds along with them. Simple, fast, lower food cost. I even had a name for it. Wingnuts. :wallbash:

I've often dreamed of a hot dog joint that only served hot dogs and fries. Love the simplicity.

Like Five Guys ... burgers, dogs and fries. That's it.

So for your chicken wing joint or whatever solo venture you choose, I propose the name, "One Guy."

You're welcome.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a pizza place where you make your own pie. You give them the dough, the sauce, the cheese, they put toppings on and slide it into the oven!

We did a really, really cool food tour in Rome last year, and at the end they brought us into a pizza place early enough in the day when noone else is having lunch, and proceeded to realize I paid money for my family to be told how to make our own lunch. We had a great time, but I remember thinking, "What a great gig. Open a restaurant where you charge people to come in, make their own lunch, and then take their drink order."