The Rob Ryan Poll to End All Polls Poll

FireChan

276 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve/like the Rob Ryan hire?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Does the Rob Ryan hire change your opinion of Rex?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Does the Rob Ryan hire change your prediction for next season?

• Yes
    • No

Rob needs a haircut, but at least he has the dignity not wear a pony tail or a man bun.

The guy has to lose weight, he's going to have serious health consequences. He should get the same surgery Rex did.

I'm neutral on the hire.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went with no, no and yes I had expect maybe a positive change for the defense this hire makes me sick and I think we will be worse now. Now we get to see that fat Long haired jerk next to his brother a pair of ass clowns

No talent ass clowns

Does Rex hand over D-reigns and take a more methodical approach to HC overall? If so, then this is a good hire. Rob has 17 consecutive years coaching Defense in the League. No one lasts that long who sucks (recent Saints track record notwithstanding). His style Defense mimics Rex & Dad's so our players have familiarity with it. With no apparent suitors for G-Ro, it appears we enter '16 with all pieces intact to continue the program -with an upgrade over the D -especially if Rex takes the next step in HC.

That is a positive thought process. That is the only way this coaching regime works, so, get er done.

Go Bills!!

First he brought a top 5 defense down to the near bottom, then he brings in his brother who :censored: d over the last few defenses he coached.

Oh well, it's HIS job and credibility on the line. And he's absolutely right about this being the final stop in his coaching career. He better get this right!

If he's coaching the LB's I like it. People are freaking out like he's been named the DC. Would love to see Thurman gone and Pettine brought back. This would signal that Rex is putting people in place to run the D, allowing him to focus on being HC. Rob is a great LB coach. Pettine is clearly great at implementing Rex's D (better than Rex/Thurman). Right now, I like it. Should at least be fun. And if it goes down in flames, the Ryan's are gone.

So many bitter fans/posters. No matter what happens, they respond with negativity.

What will you all do if this works? "I told you so...err..oh wait"

exactly. I understand the negativity after 16 years w/o playoffs, but the negativity is largely built on the unfounded assumption that Rob will be running the D. There is no evidence of that. He is likely there to work with LB's, which under-performed last year.

If he's coaching the LB's I like it. People are freaking out like he's been named the DC. Would love to see Thurman gone and Pettine brought back. This would signal that Rex is putting people in place to run the D, allowing him to focus on being HC. Rob is a great LB coach. Pettine is clearly great at implementing Rex's D (better than Rex/Thurman). Right now, I like it. Should at least be fun. And if it goes down in flames, the Ryan's are gone.

exactly. I understand the negativity after 16 years w/o playoffs, but the negativity is largely built on the unfounded assumption that Rob will be running the D. There is no evidence of that. He is likely there to work with LB's, which under-performed last year.

If he's just working with the LB's, then yes that'll work. Him being in charge of the defense, HELL NO! Would be nice to see Pettine come back, but what are the odds of that happening?

So many bitter fans/posters. No matter what happens, they respond with negativity.

I am as negative on this subject as anyone. The bad part is I have probably seen as many Rob Ryan coached games as anyone. My friends here in New Orleans are laughing at us (literally). If I am wrong I will be happy to eat crow.

The defense may very well improve next year (it would be hard to be worse). I do not think that there will be a correlation to adding Rob Ryan however. He is totally and utterly incompetent. If he wasn't such a lovable character he would have never survived here as long as he did.

Isn't it a little foolish to DECIDE these things in mid-January?

Why must we know definitively whether we YES like or NO dislike anything that's happening right now?

Is this a joke? Why must we have an opinion on the Bills? Why does the board even exist in the offseason?

Yes, because that's happened so often. Oh wait.

Why does the board even exist in the offseason?

To discuss ambiguities. Nobody, and I mean nobody who spends time posting here as an inkling of a clue how Rob Ryan's presence on the payroll will impact the defensive personnel that is poised to do a near 50% overhaul over the next eight months.

We have no information. None. WTF would we waste time discussing or debating stuff we know zilch about?

To discuss ambiguities. Nobody, and I mean nobody who spends time posting here as an inkling of a clue how Rob Ryan's presence on the payroll will impact the defensive personnel that is poised to do a near 50% overhaul over the next eight months.

We have no information. None. WTF would we waste time discussing or debating stuff we know zilch about?

You do realize you don't have to waste your time discussing it, right?

We have Rob Ryan's career as information. And what a career it has been.

What would you like to discuss? Let me know what's worthy.

Your wasting your time right now. Why even respond then? We all have the option to browse, read, digest, and partake in the banter. This is a message board. If you dont like that people are discussing this then leave it be.

Bn article says he is the assistant hc/defense. Sounds like more than a lb coach,no?!

I like discussing this stuff chan. As much as im numb to the Bills it is still nice to BS about our team. If there is a thread started that I dont think is overly worthy then I simply move along.

Bn article says he is the assistant hc/defense. Sounds like more than a lb coach,no?!

So do you interpret this as an assistant DC as well? I mean what is that anyways? Arent all the positional coaches assistant to the coordinators? Man this is confusing lol.

I like discussing this stuff chan. As much as im numb to the Bills it is still nice to BS about our team. If there is a thread started that I dont think is overly worthy then I simply move along.

So do you interpret this as an assistant DC as well? I mean what is that anyways? Arent all the positional coaches assistant to the coordinators? Man this is confusing lol.

If this isn't worthy of discussion, I don't know what is.

If you wanted to enrich discussion you would have added "I don't know yet" as an answer to each of your poll questions.

But, you seem to be in the business of dividing people and making them choose sides, so I'm not surprised you didn't.

Your wasting your time right now. Why even respond then? We all have the option to browse, read, digest, and partake in the banter. This is a message board. If you dont like that people are discussing this then leave it be.

To speculate. I think discussions get contentions when fans profess to know everything. I'm guilty of it too.

I responded the way I did because we could be in for a migraine of an offseason if we go in (as FireChan is wont to do) with guns blazing.