Buffalo Bills in Movies and TV

cthodge

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two that come to mind for me are:

1. The Winner - It was a TV show that lasted only 6 episodes. It starred Rob Corddry as a guy in his 30s living with his parents in Buffalo set in 1994.
  2. Jim Kelly's appearance on General Hospital playing himself. I remember he got a concussion during a charity basketball game and had to be taken to General Hospital after he thought he was Jim McMahon

'The Simpsons' - 'Lisa The Greek' (Season 3, Episode 14):

"The season three episode 'Lisa the Greek,' one of the sweeter moments between the oafish Homer and the brainy Lisa, featured the pair spending quality time by betting on NFL football games thanks to Lisa's never-fail system for picking a winner. The episode was timed to air just before Super Bowl XXVI between the Washington Redskins and the Buffalo Bills. Lisa realizes that Homer only wanted to hang out with her so he could bet on the winner. So the hurt Lisa predicts that Washington will win, but if she subconsciously doesn't love him and wants him to lose, Buffalo will win. According to the DVD commentary, the cast rerecorded the lines to coincide with the next two Super Bowls with the episode airing before each game. Showrunner Al Jean said Lisa not only correctly predicted the outcome of three big games, but he also bet against Lisa's picks in the Gracie Films' notoriously competitive office pool and lost."

http://thefw.com/things-you-didnt-know-about-the-simpsons/

Thought it was Mario and Fitz

The Griffins and their friends, including Cleveland, tailgate at the New England Patriots game at Gillette Stadium vs. the Buffalo Bills. However, at the end of the game, the Patriots blow their chance to win, and lose their 10th straight game. At The Drunken Clam, Peter, Quagmire, Cleveland, and Joe angrily discuss the missed chance. During a postgame interview, Bills players C. J. Spiller and Mario Williams attribute their win to God and Peter proposes they find and confront God about messing with their games.

Although I think I remember reading that Fitz recorded a part, but was let go from the team so his part was dropped.

Fitz was on an episode of the League and the main actress askes him to throw more to SJ

CBF

"I went to Northwestern University! What 2nd rate school did you go to?"

Also, there was an episode where Ruxin says something along the lines of "Peace be with you, and with Bills running back, CJ Spiller."

And this season there was an episode where he refered to Rex Ryan as a rabbi that loved "Feet.... and feet of torah scripture. He can read it all day."

In the HBO series "OZ", one of the administrators on the show (sorry can't remember the characters name) always had Bills stuff on his desk, or on the book-case behind him. The show was produced by native Buffalonian Tom Fontana.

He was also, as I recall, a writer on "Hill Street Blues" way back in the day. I remember them often using city of Buffalo street names....I have a vauge memory of a big scene taking place at the intersection of Jefferson & Best..which, of course, was the location of the old Rockpile!

In the HBO series "OZ", one of the administrators on the show (sorry can't remember the characters name) always had Bills stuff on his desk, or on the book-case behind him. The show was produced by native Buffalonian Tom Fontana.

He was also, as I recall, a writer on "Hill Street Blues" way back in the day. I remember them often using city of Buffalo street names....I have a vauge memory of a big scene taking place at the intersection of Jefferson & Best..which, of course, was the location of the old Rockpile!

I'm not sure about Fontana on Hill St Blues. That was probably David Milch, the creator, who was from Buffalo. Fontana was a writer producer on Homicide: Life on the Street, another terrific show, and a writer on St. Elsewhere.