Gase is new Dolphins coach

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a solid hire for the Dolphins. They saw what he did with Cutler this year and hope that he can turn around Tannehill.

Wait, what exactly did he do with Cutler? Looking at his stats, which admittedly don't tell you the whole story, he was not great, but just OK. Furthermore, the Bears offense was just average. I just don't get the love for Gase.

The great news is that the Dolphins will likely continue to suck and they will undoubtedly be looking for a new coach in 3 years or continue to be mediocre.

they need weapons at the WR position for that, losing Clay, Hartline and Wallace did not help

Davante Parker will be a name next year alongside with Jarvis Landry. They might not be too bad in that dept.

Tannenhill regressed this year, thought he was gonna keep ascending.

Pretty happy to see this hire, not too concerned from a Bills standpoint. The chances of this guy becoming the next Don Shula are pretty slim. At any rate there will be a learning curve.

His rep is built with much help from Peyton Manning. Not sure why everyone is so excited about his work with Cutler. He had a 92.3 rating good for 16th in the league. So what, the guy has talent and an average QBR rating just speaks to mediocrity.

Wait, what exactly did he do with Cutler? Looking at his stats, which admittedly don't tell you the whole story, he was not great, but just OK. Furthermore, the Bears offense was just average. I just don't get the love for Gase.

The great news is that the Dolphins will likely continue to suck and they will undoubtedly be looking for a new coach in 3 years or continue to be mediocre.

Not sure. He threw less picks, but less tds too. Maybe he passed the eye test a little better this year? :lol:

You base this assertion upon what?

His offense is powerful and worked at the NFL level going 10-6 his first two years. His defense is what lacked. With a good defensive coordinator he would be lethal. I wouldn't want him in my division. Gase is more the speed I'm comfortable with LOL

Dolphins fans seem to think they got the hot candidate that everyone wanted.

From a Bears fan I know: "God damn it. First coordinator that makes Jay Cutler look competent and he's leaving."

Eagles fans: mad they lost out on the hot candidate. Giants fans: mad that the hot candidate didn't cream himself trying to get that job. Browns fans: currently running their car engines inside a closed garage as they realize that he wouldn't touch that job with a ten foot pole.

Dolphins fans: mad that we identified a top candidate and hired him without looking like clownshoes-wearing morons for once.
Edited by What a Tuel

Well a report with the Miami herald has said that Marrone was Tannenbaums top choice at first until they interviewed Gase, unless that's just Schefters brain washing?

I guess "having Bill Parcells in your corner" just wasn't enough to overcome his Marrone-ness