Article about Bills future..compares to Rams

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This article could have been written comparing almost any other team to the Rams situation because the only team in the NFL that is truly safe from relocation is the Green Bay Packers.

I am confident that as long as the Pegula’s are the owners, the team will stay put.

Do you really think that the NFL is not aware that he owns the Sabres too (which he is allowed to do) or is my sarcasm meter not working today?

:thumbsup:

What blew my mind was not the silly scout report but the link to the 2010 article when Kroenke bought the team. I know he said a bunch of things to be able to buy the team, but these quotes are brutal:

"I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis," Kroenke said in a phone interview Tuesday night. "Just as I did everything that I could to bring the team to St. Louis in 1995. I believe my actions speak for themselves."

"There's a track record," Kroenke said. "I've always stepped up for pro football in St. Louis. And I'm stepping up one more time."

Kroenke is bothered by the perception that he'd work against St. Louis, or that he'd scheme to move the Rams back to Los Angeles. He pointed to a life spent largely inside Missouri borders, and his base in Columbia, Mo. "I'm born and raised in Missouri," Kroenke said. "I've been a Missourian for 60 years. People in our state know me. People know I can be trusted. People know I am an honorable guy."

Kroenke mentioned that his mother-in-law, who is 86, attends every Rams home game as an enthusiastic fan. And she is accompanied to the games by her sister, who lives in the St. Louis area. Kroenke didn't finish the obvious point, but I'll finish it for him: Why would anyone believe he'd want to move the Rams away from beloved family members?

Edited by TheLynchTrain

I've read sources that say he has to get rid of the Sabres by 2019 if he wants to keep the Bills. League by-laws.

Link, please <_<

I'm still kind of worried about the fact that he also owns the Sabres. If the NFL finds out about that, they might make him sell/move one or both teams.

I thought you said TP had to sell by or move both teams by 2019? Why would that happen if the NFL "didn't know" about the Sabres. Tripped up by your own BS?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

It goes by population. For example, if the Paul Allen, owner of the Seahawks wanted to buy the Mariners, he could do it, because Seattle is a large market. I think it goes by population of the NFL teams TV market, but I'm not sure. However, a smaller city like Buffalo, the NFL considerers it akin to a monopoly. Thankfully the city's population is rising, so hopefully by that point it won't be an issue.

Strongly suggest you get treatment. No shame in admitting you have a problem. Getting help for your addiction isn't a sign of weakness.

It's a crock of fetid bologna. Population has nothing to do with anything. It's something TRBJ made up.

Totally. No way something like that would have not been brought up in the epic ownership threads of 2014 or come out once approved as an owner. If it were, he probably wouldn't have bought the Bills to begin with. My understanding is he is/was more of a hockey guy.

Totally. No way something like that would have not been brought up in the epic ownership threads of 2014 or come out once approved as an owner. If it were, he probably wouldn't have bought the Bills to begin with. My understanding is he is/was more of a hockey guy.

That's just it though. It was brought up incessantly in those threads and actually became a meme in the process; a joke every time somebody worried about co-ownership of two sports franchises. It was a challenge to come up with new ways to mess with posters who weren't familiar with NFL bylaws.

In that regard, the tie-in to population is actually pretty funny.

GO BILLS!!!

The other thing too is there's not another LA out there. 15 years ago was pretty easy for teams to threaten to move to get whatever they want as there was a long list of cities willing to offer whatever was asked for. It's much harder these days as cities have realized (like St Louis when they lured the Rams there)) that spending billions to build a stadium is not a good investment and won't help long term, so the list of cities willing to do this today is much shorter.

Ironically if history is any indication, one city I'd put near the top of the list is St Louis as seems once a city loses a team, then they do come up with the money to build the stadium and offer the deal that would have kept the team from leaving in the first place. See Cleveland, Houston, Baltimore (seems I'm leaving one other out?) I suppose I should include St Louis as if they had originally made the offer, they may never have lost the Cardinals.

So will St Louis be the only city to ever lose two sports teams in the same League? That is quite the distinction.

So will St Louis be the only city to ever lose two sports teams in the same League? That is quite the distinction.

LA has lost three pro football franchises, so they hold the record, I think.

GO BILLS!!!

That's just it though. It was brought up incessantly in those threads and actually became a meme in the process; a joke every time somebody worried about co-ownership of two sports franchises. It was a challenge to come up with new ways to mess with posters who weren't familiar with NFL bylaws.

In that regard, the tie-in to population is actually pretty funny.

GO BILLS!!!

Agreed. Funny stuff, A++, would LOL again.