Bucs have fired Lovie Smith

FireChan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be, but Why?

In Atlanta, didn't he take over a top-10 offense with a franchise QB at the helm and turn it into a top-20 offense (on points, which is the, um, POINT of an offense)?

In Jacksonville, what exactly did he accomplish?

Just repeating what's being speculated by the talking heads. Dan LeBatard on the other hand claims an inside source who told him that the Bucs would be swinging for the fences & Dirk (STMF) was their fallback choice.

I don't get it. Marrone has a poor track record. The guy may have been an offensive coordinator in New Orleans but never called the plays. He took a below average college program and made it average at best. Then of course he quit on the Bills and ran off with the money. To be honest, I cannot blame him and shame on Bills Senior Management on allowing that clause in the contract. Whoever negotatiated on the Bills side should be shot. Finally, he did nothing in Jacksonville except swim in his money.

He has a strong marketing department. Flash over substance.

Like Smith or not, this decision is just stupid. Smith has been a winning coach before. They had no QB last year and a rookie this year. What the hell do people expect? Someone will take the job but if Winston starts stealing crab legs again then what? Does the next coach need to have a winning record after eight games? What if the next coach loses a preseason game or god-forbid looks bad in a scrimmage against intra-state rival Miami?

How can owners and GM's running billion dollar businesses make such horrible decisions?

The NFL is one of the few products out there where you can run your organization terribly and still be a success businesswise. Someone would have to literally have to try to torpedo the organization to make it fail, I mean the movie Major League type machinations and even that might not do it.

@RapSheet

#Bucs are interviewing #AZCardinals OC Harold Goodwin today, as @JosinaAnderson said. His 1st HC interview, despite planning that prolific O

On #AZCardinals OC Harold Goodwin: Bruce Arians had him call plays in the preseason, take more of a role in game-planning to get a HC job.

He was my dark horse when I put my list of candidates together half way through the season.

Gulp! One less opening for the hottest HC candidate in the entire world. :cry:

Mojofoteefoh must be beside him/herself tonight. Another year of empty promises and eating bon-bons while waiting, waiting, waiting.

life is unfair. So unfair.

Koetter is a good offensive coordinator the test is can he be the leader you need in a Head Coach? He is another hire in the Arians / Zimmer mould of a guy who is a really experienced and respected coordinator who it has taken a long time to get some looks as an NFL HC..... we was a Head Coach in college though wasn't he? How good was he at that?

Koetter is a good offensive coordinator the test is can he be the leader you need in a Head Coach? He is another hire in the Arians / Zimmer mould of a guy who is a really experienced and respected coordinator who it has taken a long time to get some looks as an NFL HC..... we was a Head Coach in college though wasn't he? How good was he at that?

Not good. He was HC for five years at ASU. He was young but the teams were not well coached and didn't really produce. That's the team I follow so I watch all the games. Creative offensive mind. Maybe he knows a lot more now and NFL is a lot different from college because of recruiting.

Not good. He was HC for five years at ASU. He was young but the teams were not well coached and didn't really produce. That's the team I follow so I watch all the games. Creative offensive mind. Maybe he knows a lot more now and NFL is a lot different from college because of recruiting.

Cheers KTD.