P. Manning - Pure Class

Gugny

I was really impressed by Manning's post-game comments on the field.

He acknowledged how difficult it is to come off of the bench after having no reps with the starters and said he felt bad for all of his backups over his career.

He made it a point to mention that Osweiler had some tough breaks that led to his getting pulled out of the game.

He came right out and said he felt the O-line blocked better for him than they did for Osweiler.

He said the running backs ran harder for him than they did for Osweiler.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head, but man, I just found all of it to be super classy.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really impressed by Manning's post-game comments on the field.

He acknowledged how difficult it is to come off of the bench after having no reps with the starters and said he felt bad for all of his backups over his career.

He made it a point to mention that Osweiler had some tough breaks that led to his getting pulled out of the game.

He came right out and said he felt the O-line blocked better for him than they did for Osweiler.

He said the running backs ran harder for him than they did for Osweiler.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head, but man, I just found all of it to be super classy.

Offensive line didn't block better for Manning in my opinion. The difference is that Manning made the correct adjustments and Osweiler didn't. The little things that Manning did pre snap made all the difference.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

Does anyone seriously think Peyton would be that stupid as to have HGH shipped to his house under his wife's name?

There are medical uses of HGH. Maybe (since it was in his wife's name) she had a prescription for it. And maybe Peyton doesn't feel the need to explain his wife's health records in public.

I'm just saying that the idea that Peyton had HGH shipped to his freaking house under his wife's name and thought that was a good idea is insane. NFL players have MUCH more covert ways to get HGH.

Unfortunately there is no way to prove anything one way or the other.

Let's say his wife had a prescription and it went to her.

If that's the case then there's nothing else to go on, since you can't go back in a time machine and test Peyton for it.

People will just draw their own (almost always negative) conclusions and act like it was proven.

Does anyone seriously think Peyton would be that stupid as to have HGH shipped to his house under his wife's name?

There are medical uses of HGH. Maybe (since it was in his wife's name) she had a prescription for it. And maybe Peyton doesn't feel the need to explain his wife's health records in public.

I'm just saying that the idea that Peyton had HGH shipped to his freaking house under his wife's name and thought that was a good idea is insane. NFL players have MUCH more covert ways to get HGH.

Peyton might be one of the most football smart guys of all time. However, no one ever said he's a genius off the field. Sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures, and people can do things that don't make sense. That being said, people need to get over the fact that their heros are flawed. I'm not excusing HGH use, but it's probably more of the rule than exception in the NFL. If the league doesn't do what it needs to stop it, guys are going to do it. It's this simple.

But he cheated. HGH shipped to his house at the same time he is recovering from an injury? Sounds worse that deflated footballs to me.

Guys this is the NFL. I'd guess that probably 80% or more of the players are using some kind of PED's either during the season or offseason. The drug testing is super lax compared to other sports because it what we want, huge freakish athletes running into each other.

HGH is one of the ways Hollyweird types stay young and fit longer.

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2012/03/human-grown-hormone-hollywood-201203

Again, IF Manning was going to take HGH (which I don't buy for a second) do you really think he would have it shipped to his house under his wife's name, as if that would never come out?

There are ways for NFL players to get the stuff they want without anyone ever knowing.

BTW, Peyton has come out and said that his wife has a prescription for something that came from the clinic.

So if it was her prescription there is no way to prove anything either way. The NFL didn't even test for HGH back then. So unless Peyton says he took his wife's medicine there is no smoking gun to be had.

You can't prove you DIDN'T so something, because if you took no action there is no evidence.

It all comes down to what you want to believe.

Basically the logic of the "Manning is a cheater" crowd is that anyone whose spouse receives a prescription is automatically guilty of taking a controlled substance themselves.

Edited by TheFunPolice

HGH is one of the ways Hollyweird types stay young and fit longer.

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2012/03/human-grown-hormone-hollywood-201203

Again, IF Manning was going to take HGH (which I don't buy for a second) do you really think he would have it shipped to his house under his wife's name, as if that would never come out?

There are ways for NFL players to get the stuff they want without anyone ever knowing.

It certainly hasn't made Peyton look any younger, if that's what the Hollywood types take it for. I agree that it wouldn't make sense to have it sent to your home. However, I think it's a bit naive to think there are ways of getting HGH without a chance of it coming out. As is the case with life in general, people talk. Somebody somewhere will always know who was in the market for HGH. The issue is that unlike MLB, no one has dug deep into the NFL. I think this is just because it's more expected in the NFL. Juicing is the unspoken thing that is excepted in football. As opposed to how the supposed scared nature of baseball was violated. This caused the media to dig up all the dirt they could find. If the media did this with the NFL they could find any name they wanted.

It certainly hasn't made Peyton look any younger, if that's what the Hollywood types take it for. I agree that it wouldn't make sense to have it sent to your home. However, I think it's a bit naive to think there are ways of getting HGH without a chance of it coming out. As is the case with life in general, people talk. Somebody somewhere will always know who was in the market for HGH. The issue is that unlike MLB, no one has dug deep into the NFL. I think this is just because it's more expected in the NFL. Juicing is the unspoken thing that is excepted in football. As opposed to how the supposed scared nature of baseball was violated. This caused the media to dig up all the dirt they could find. If the media did this with the NFL they could find any name they wanted.

That's because Peyton did not take it.

His WIFE had the prescription. BTW there are some serious medical conditions for which HGH is prescribed, none of which are anybody's business.