Robert Woods

I just started cutting Woods. Got 18 cord to go,

get it in before the snow flies!

Woods. I think we will see some noticeable improvement this year. Thing with TT was he never seemed to get a good feel for his receivers timing.

I think the offseason and camp etc. He will gain a comfort and trust level that will be reflected in the pass game overall.

Now wheres my Koolaid !!

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to stay away from this one because I like Robert, always have. IMO he's definitely a #2 and seeing the likes of Moulds and Reed acknowledging this, I feel better about having Woods on the team as a #2. He played through a groin injury, new HC,new OC, new QB, new scheme, etc. He should get this season as a #2 to show he can do it. If he is healthy and doesn't produce, then we should look for a # 2. Having said this, if we find someone to overtake him as the #2, I'm all for it, but I don't see this as a real issue unless he doesn't recover from the groin injury.

I tried to stay away from this one because I like Robert, always have. IMO he's definitely a #2 and seeing the likes of Moulds and Reed acknowledging this, I feel better about having Woods on the team as a #2. He played through a groin injury, new HC,new OC, new QB, new scheme, etc. He should get this season as a #2 to show he can do it. If he is healthy and doesn't produce, then we should look for a # 2. Having said this, if we find someone to overtake him as the #2, I'm all for it, but I don't see this as a real issue unless he doesn't recover from the groin injury.

:beer:

Why all the hate on Woody? He has incredible hands, blocks very well, produces when given the opportunity, and is tough as nails. Everyone on here is saying that we need to get a better number 2 guy, but I really like Woods. I get that drafting someone like Treadwell would be awesome, but don't you think we have other glaring needs? I'd say O-line, LB, and Safety are all bigger needs than WR. Woods has been pretty good for us and has done all he is asked to do, which is all we need out of a number 2.

Agreed. Yep,

Fair take.

Woods seem to be reliable receiver but never seemed to get on same page as Tyrod, maybe because Tryod had trouble hitting in areas where Robert was effective.

Stats show him in same range as his rookie year but I expected more progress in 3rd year.

Year G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G
2013 14 14 85 40 587 14.7 3 57 2.9 41.9
2014 16 15 104 65 699 10.8 5 37 4.1 43.7
2015 14 9 80 47 552 11.7 3 37 3.4 39.4

We don't pass the ball enough to waste another high pick on a WR. If they find value in mid-late rounds that can surpass Woods that's great, until then I'm fine with Woods being the 2...we have a defense to revamp and half our offensive line looks like Swiss cheese.

Get healthy Woods.

Woods seem to be reliable receiver but never seemed to get on same page as Tyrod, maybe because Tryod had trouble hitting in areas where Robert was effective.

Stats show him in same range as his rookie year but I expected more progress in 3rd year.

I think most did. I know I did.

Until it came out that he played through a torn groin for much of the year. Then it kind of made sense.

While healthy Taylor was looking at Harvin a ton. You would have to ask the film room posters but I bet his looks/targets rivaled Sammy's.

I'd suggest they probably exceeded them. Cos whilst Rex loves people who have played for Clemson there is one group of people he loves even more..... people who played for the Jets.

That's why they need a different #2. And if, as someone else mentioned, Tyrod was targeting Harvin often (when he made it on to the field), perhaps they should look for a guy with similar skill set to Harvin?

I'd suggest they probably exceeded them. Cos whilst Rex loves people who have played for Clemson there is one group of people he loves even more..... people who played for the Jets.

Are there any ex-Jets who played for Clemson? Rex should sign them - for his staff.

100℅ my thoughts

100℅ my thoughts

I just feel that some are missing big picture (as in Romans scheme)

Yes.....we need speed to stretch the field but

- We are gonna run the ball a ton

- We are going to throw to our RBs a lot

- Robert Woods is one of the best blocking WR's I have ever seen.......

He is invaluable to this offense.....and has shown that he is good for WR number 2 numbers in previous years

I really could see the bills bringing in a burner after the draft or made a mid level pick guy.......but its not a priority to them when we lose Mario WIlliams, and Nigel Bradham and having the defense drop 20 spots in the previious year

I am expecting a HEAVY defensive draft of pieces that fit Rex Ryan defenses

He is invaluable to this offense....

Really?

He is worth keeping, but I think they could function without him.

As has been noted before, whenever teams commit to shutting down Watkins, the passing game dies. None of the other receivers have been able to take advantage of the skewed coverages (except maybe Harvin). If they can pick a guy out of a hat that can do that fine, but I'm skeptical that they will be lucky enough to grab one late in the draft. I was hoping they might find a FA.

I think Tyrod should be given as much help as possible.

Of course, the mess of the defense that Ryan has created will need fixing, and will dominate the draft. Watching a team rebuild is fascinating, I could do it for 20 years.

Edited by HoF Watkins