You can say a lot about EJ......

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And because the D let him down by making it not a comeback win. It was EJ's fault we needed the comeback in the first place but there we go... if he gets help from the D on the final drive and the Bills win he gets some credit.

Edited by GunnerBill

Because he lost composure. You can't do that.

It's nice that he brought them back against a crappy team, but....you can't do that.

Even the greatest QBs of all time have games where everything falls apart on them, and they lose composure. The test is if they can get that composure back, and settle back into the game.

Even the greatest QBs of all time have games where everything falls apart on them, and they lose composure. The test is if they can get that composure back, and settle back into the game.

Not like that.

Go ahead and list some. Not just a bad game, but an actual series of mishaps along those lines, by a "great QB" (and not in a rookie season, though even that would be hard to find).

I'm ready, with an open mind...

Edited by HoF Watkins

Not like that.

Go ahead and list some. Not just a bad game, but an actual series of mishaps along those lines, by a "great QB" (and not in a rookie season, though even that would be hard to find).

I'm ready...

First one off the top of my head was Brady vs the Bills in 2011 (the game we won).

Not like that.

I'm ready, with an open mind...

Russell Wilson threw 4 ints in the title game against Aaron Rodgers. Because his defense is awesome, they prevent the game from being a blowout and he leads a "comeback."

EJ does something similar and our defense lets Bortles go 85 yards and he's a bum.

He's a perfect backup qb. Some of ou completely overestimate the backup qb market. This is probably the first year he has NFL coaching. I feel fine with him and Taylor going forward and drafting a young guy.

Russell Wilson threw 4 ints in the title game against Aaron Rodgers. Because his defense is awesome, they prevent the game from being a blowout and he leads a "comeback."

EJ does something similar and our defense lets Bortles go 85 yards and he's a bum.

He's a perfect backup qb. Some of ou completely overestimate the backup qb market. This is probably the first year he has NFL coaching. I feel fine with him and Taylor going forward and drafting a young guy.

Seriously. Whenever I see another team's backup, I am actually thankful for our situation :lol: There's only a couple teams in the league who have backups that are starting material, imo.

....and a lot of people do.

IMO most of it is unfair, but....

with that one play today, going in to get an encroachment....succeeding.....it was nice....but.....his excitement after that play I found awesome. People may not think it is a big deal but he lost his job, has taken tons of criticism for a very young QB, is not sure of his future and yet he was all in for the team in a very genuine way.

I agree!

I'm wishing him well where ever he plays next year.

Nope, neither Wilson nor Brady, were bumbling around like EJM. They may have made mistakes, but EJM was lost, and completely inept.

It wasn't a "bad game". It was a stretch of time where he was a deer in headlights.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Did Wilson get them there or nah? Because that's the difference.

Nope, neither Wilson nor Brady, were bumbling around like EJM. They may have made mistakes, but EJM was lost, and completely inept.

It wasn't a "bad game" it was a stretch of time where he was a deer in headlights.

Yet you ignore the part where he shook hat off and help us take the lead.

Whatever. Maybe we could get Zach Mettenberger or some other guy people think is better because he's not a Bill.

Yet you ignore the part where he shook hat off and help us take the lead.

Whatever. Maybe we could get Zach Mettenberger or some other guy people think is better because he's not a Bill.

I don't ignore it, I just don't think it outweighs the fact that EJM gets the yips. I have a long list of posts supporting him prior to that game, but I believe it is just who he is, much like Fitzlacksit. There is a weakness in part of their game that ruins the whole.

I wouldn't care if he led them to as many victories as say, Fitz just did with the Jets (hahaha), I don't believe you can have someone that crumbles under pressure like that.

There are a few entitled jerks on this board who are making snide comments about it, but good for EJ. He's a good dude. Always sad when dreams die - that's what we saw at the end of the first half the Jags game, we saw someone's dreams die on national TV. But why not root for him as a person?