2016 Draft DB thread

Beerball

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Su'a Cravens (or more likely his agent) are refusing all private workouts. I get the quoted logic behind it but it seems like an error to refuse all requests. He's not a slam dunk prospect by any stretch, can't afford to be seen as burning bridges this early. Some teams have long memories, some won't forget in 4 years when he's a free agent.

I put this in the DB thread because he ain't a linebacker.

Su'a Cravens (or more likely his agent) are refusing all private workouts. I get the quoted logic behind it but it seems like an error to refuse all requests. He's not a slam dunk prospect by any stretch, can't afford to be seen as burning bridges this early. Some teams have long memories, some won't forget in 4 years when he's a free agent.

I put this in the DB thread because he ain't a linebacker.

I think he is a lot higher thought of then the media draft community depicts. He has visits with a ton of teams and he is position versatile. This tells me that he is going to go way higher than the 2nd round. He's gonna be a first rounder to somebody. Supposedly Carolina loves him to replace Thomas Davis and they pick at 31. If you want him it's gotta be at 19. The guys who love Darron Lee should love Cravens too. Same type of player

I think he is a lot higher thought of then the media draft community depicts. He has visits with a ton of teams and he is position versatile. This tells me that he is going to go way higher than the 2nd round. He's gonna be a first rounder to somebody. Supposedly Carolina loves him to replace Thomas Davis and they pick at 31. If you want him it's gotta be at 19. The guys who love Darron Lee should love Cravens too. Same type of player

Didn't Carolina just draft a similar player in Shaq Thompson last year to replace Thomas Davis?

I can only judge him how I see him but I don't see a 1st round pick when I watch him. I see a strong safety with athletic limitations but a seriously educated football player. Smart players won't ever go out of fashion. If 19 is the only place I can take him, I wish him luck elsewhere. Not a player I'm chasing around the board.

Didn't Carolina just draft a similar player in Shaq Thompson last year to replace Thomas Davis?

They did indeed. Shaq is seemingly listed as the SAM for now but he's a ready-made WLB. It was acknowledged in many circles that Shaq was taken as the heir apparent to Davis.

Su'a will be a first rounder IMO and will not get past Carolina. He is the new NFL LBer. He can blitz, attack the line of scrimmage, cover a TE, or cover a deep route. He is tailor made for Rex's defense. And I am ok with using a first rounder on him(preferably after a trade down). LB is our biggest need, and give me Su'a over Darron Lee or Floyd