2016 Draft DB thread

Beerball

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had the growing feeling as well--not sure if it started with your thread that I referenced above, or if that's just happenstance.

Imagine if he could match against Gronk--that would be a critical chess piece for Rex's D.

The only reason I'd be against picking Joseph that early--provided he were healthy--is that I think you can find another chess piece to match against Gronk later...like a Justin Simmons or a TJ Green. They may not have the breadth of skills that Joseph has, but both have the size, speed, and range to handle their business against the new school TEs.

Yeah, I think that I just started imagining him obliterating guys over the middle. That "edge" that he plays with would seem to be something that Rex would love. He may be a tad undersized for how he likes to play but he can make plays.

I never said that was my preference...I believe what I said in my response was that it would make sense as a surprise pick.

What we really ought to do is continue to ignore the league-wide trend of valuing QB, offensive skill positions, and defense significantly more than the OL (like perennial contenders NE, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Denver, Green Bay, and Indianapolis) and focus all our efforts on building an OL. It's worked so well for Cleveland, who started 1st round picks at LT, C, and RG and 2nd round picks at LG and RT in 2015. :thumbsup::D

PS--hope you're doing well...enjoy the draft.

You are a huge Bills Fan bandit. Surely you have seen the results of using too many resources on defensive backs and running backs. It was one of the primary causes of the lack of playoff appearances for 16 years. Of this there is little doubt.

I don't know if you agree but imo Tyrod is the qb of the future. Of course I might be mistaken. We need to protect him as much as possible and at this time there are college teams who are stronger and deeper at RT than we are. My guess is there are several of them. I also see a need for pure pass rushers. They are just so hard to get, but do you trust Ryan to use them properly?

Btw, I am all in for another receiver. As I said before, offense might be the way to go despite our defensive needs. My feeling about this will certainly change once they get rid of Rex.

Thanks for the well wishes Bro. :) :) :thumbsup:

Edited by Bill from NYC

Yeah, I think that I just started imagining him obliterating guys over the middle. That "edge" that he plays with would seem to be something that Rex would love. He may be a tad undersized for how he likes to play but he can make plays.

A la Bob Sanders

You are a huge Bills Fan bandit. Surely you have seen the results of using too many resources on defensive backs and running backs. It was one of the primary causes of the lack of playoff appearances for 16 years. Of this there is little doubt.

I don't know if you agree but imo Tyrod is the qb of the future. Of course I might be mistaken. We need to protect him as much as possible and at this time there are college teams who are stronger and deeper at RT than we are. My guess is there are several of them. I also see a need for pure pass rushers. They are just so hard to get, but do you trust Ryan to use them properly?

Btw, I am all in for another receiver. As I said before, offense might be the way to go despite our defensive needs. My feeling about this will certainly change once they get rid of Rex.

Thanks for the well wishes Bro. :) :) :thumbsup:

Bill my friend, I attribute it less to what they spent their picks on and more to the quality of players they passed on...they chose to make a move for Losman, and it cost them Aaron Rodgers. They took Donte Whitner when the entire sports-watching world knew there were better players on the board. The biggest problem with their approach to the offensive and defensive backfields up to now has been the inability to keep the valuable guys--I'm hoping that will change.

As to Tyrod, I haven't yet made up my mind, but I'm hopeful. I definitely think that RT needs to be upgraded; I would be hesitant to spend any higher than a 3rd round pick to do it. I don't think RT is a valuable enough position--the league is rife with mid-round picks that perform well. GunnerBill and I have been all over your boy Kyle Murphy from before the Combine...get him in round 3 and we've got ourselves a solid swing OT to play behind Mills and hopefully wrest the starting job away at some point in 2016.

I've wanted another pass rusher going back 2 years--you need them in spades if you want to win (as you know). I think Rex's ability to use them is in question, for sure. He never really had a great pure pass rusher in NJ (save for maybe Wilkerson, but I don't think that's the type of guy we're talking about). I'd love to see them add a guy like Kamalei Correa--a Lawson type that can play the Sam and has solid pass rush tools.

Who do you like at receiver? I'd have no issue with Doctson at 19, but I think there's better value later in guys like Tyler Boyd in round 2, or Robby Anderson of Temple, Malcolm Mitchell of Georgia, or Keyarris Garrett of Tulsa on day 3.

I think this is going to be a very interesting draft, to say the least.

well then you need to own the Ifedi pick too. :D

A la Bob Sanders

ooh thats a heck of a comparison

Bill my friend, I attribute it less to what they spent their picks on and more to the quality of players they passed on...they chose to make a move for Losman, and it cost them Aaron Rodgers. They took Donte Whitner when the entire sports-watching world knew there were better players on the board. The biggest problem with their approach to the offensive and defensive backfields up to now has been the inability to keep the valuable guys--I'm hoping that will change.

As to Tyrod, I haven't yet made up my mind, but I'm hopeful. I definitely think that RT needs to be upgraded; I would be hesitant to spend any higher than a 3rd round pick to do it. I don't think RT is a valuable enough position--the league is rife with mid-round picks that perform well. GunnerBill and I have been all over your boy Kyle Murphy from before the Combine...get him in round 3 and we've got ourselves a solid swing OT to play behind Mills and hopefully wrest the starting job away at some point in 2016.

I've wanted another pass rusher going back 2 years--you need them in spades if you want to win (as you know). I think Rex's ability to use them is in question, for sure. He never really had a great pure pass rusher in NJ (save for maybe Wilkerson, but I don't think that's the type of guy we're talking about). I'd love to see them add a guy like Kamalei Correa--a Lawson type that can play the Sam and has solid pass rush tools.

Who do you like at receiver? I'd have no issue with Doctson at 19, but I think there's better value later in guys like Tyler Boyd in round 2, or Robby Anderson of Temple, Malcolm Mitchell of Georgia, or Keyarris Garrett of Tulsa on day 3.

I think this is going to be a very interesting draft, to say the least.

That it will Bandit, that it will

Bills interested in LSU CB Rashard Robinson (off-field issues)

@rquinn619

Source says Seahawks, Dolphins, Bills showing most interest in wildcard former LSU CB Rashard Robinson. Prototype Size,length,ath at CB

BUF interest surprising as RR kicked off LSU for breaking into QB apt, for laptop. Whaley said murder/rape/stealing from teammate no nos

Edited by YoloinOhio

Late Riser at Safety

The NFL draftniks call them late risers. The truth is they were probably high on the board for most NFL clubs already and the draftniks are just late to the party. That being said there is one safety in this year’s class who is meriting strong consideration early on day two, who wasn’t getting much publicity.

Clemson S T.J. Green is a defensive back with elite measurables. That alone will have a player in the conversation at the high end of the draft provided he demonstrates either good football instincts or quality production.