2016 Draft LB thread

Beerball

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to find my favorite clip of his...I'll post it here as soon as I do; it's a microcosm of why he's going to be a perennial pro bowler IMO

Please do. I'm trying not even to entertain the possibility of a move like this because I do feel he's going to end up going in the top 5. But it would be a huge get, and he'd be an instant impact player on this team in a way I'm not sure any other first rounders would.

Please do. I'm trying not even to entertain the possibility of a move like this because I do feel he's going to end up going in the top 5. But it would be a huge get, and he'd be an instant impact player on this team in a way I'm not sure any other first rounders would.

Jack could be the antidote to Gronk.

I'm trying to find my favorite clip of his...I'll post it here as soon as I do; it's a microcosm of why he's going to be a perennial pro bowler IMO

Found it.

Video opens with Jack bull-rushing Cody Whitehair--the 2016 draft's top OG on some boards (though I like Ifedi better)--into the QB's lap. But for some real fun, and to see why he's the best player in the draft, watch the 3 consecutive plays starting at the 0:35 mark.

0:35 - runs stride-for-stride with a slot receiver; this is slot corner type work

0:45 - chases down Tyler Lockett on the slip screen, avoiding the block and bringing him down--that there is speed

1:02 - pure gold--oh, so you're going to take advantage of the LB in single coverage on the boundary? Yeah, i don't think so.

Extra fun - 2:00 mark...this is run defense at its finest.

EDIT: 2:30 - look at the violence behind this guy's hands...unbelievable

Enjoy:

Edited by thebandit27

JAX is supposedly open to moving their pick.

What do you think it would cost? I am not good with the draft value chart. I'd be willing to deal our 1st and 4th rounders from this year plus our first rounder next year. Would that get it done or is that way too low?

Found it.

Video opens with Jack bull-rushing Cody Whitehair--the 2016 draft's top OG on some boards (though I like Ifedi better)--into the QB's lap. But for some real fun, and to see why he's the best player in the draft, watch the 3 consecutive plays starting at the 0:35 mark.

0:35 - runs stride-for-stride with a slot receiver; this is slot corner type work

0:45 - chases down Tyler Lockett on the slip screen, avoiding the block and bringing him down--that there is speed

1:02 - pure gold--oh, so you're going to take advantage of the LB in single coverage on the boundary? Yeah, i don't think so.

Extra fun - 2:00 mark...this is run defense at its finest.

EDIT: 2:30 - look at the violence behind this guy's hands...unbelievable

Enjoy:

:beer::beer: Thanks for this. Watching.

What do you think it would cost? I am not good with the draft value chart. I'd be willing to deal our 1st and 4th rounders from this year plus our first rounder next year. Would that get it done or is that way too low?

14 spots is a lot to move up. Here's a chart to look at the cost: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

Jack is different. He feels like he may end up the best player in this draft. He's such a physical freak.

Some people hoped for the Sammy trade and it actually happened. Whaley's the one torturing us...

No way he pulls it off this year, though. No way.

I do not think this is the year to trade up. too many needs.

But i am a conservative thinker at times.

Now if they traded off Gilmore and got much closer to the top 5. i might loosen up a bit.

:devil:

Now if they traded off Gilmore and got much closer to the top 5. i might loosen up a bit.

I'm okay with staying where they are or going up or back. I guess I really trust the Bills drafting. If they think Jack is going to be Luke Kuechly I'd be fine with the price. I'm going to try not to get too worked up one way or another during the draft. In honor of Sam Hinkie's resignation I am going to, "trust the process."

I'm okay with staying where they are or going up or back. I guess I really trust the Bills drafting. If they think Jack is going to be Luke Kuechly I'd be fine with the price. I'm going to try not to get too worked up one way or another during the draft. In honor of Sam Hinkie's resignation I am going to, "trust the process."

I agree Kirby. i feel the Bills are no longer the mess they once were when Drafting.

Enjoyed the last two drafts and expect nothing less this year.

Have faith and let the Scouts do their thing.

odd feeling but, i think " trust the process " should be the mantra for the draft this year.

:thumbsup:

Edited by 3rdand12

I don't understand the dislike for Gilmore. If the idea is that he will cost so much to keep that he will destroy the Bills salary structure, then I get it. But if the argument is that he isn't very good, then I don't agree.

I don't understand the dislike for Gilmore. If the idea is that he will cost so much to keep that he will destroy the Bills salary structure, then I get it. But if the argument is that he isn't very good, then I don't agree.

I did not make an opinion of the quality of Gilmore as a player. I like Stephon for a lot of good reasons. Apologies if i mislead you or anyone else !!

But i don't manage the roster.

Is was purely a what if. And very very hypothetical.

Gilmore trade would most likely be an asset to move up in the draft.

For the record, i sure hope Bills and Gilmore make reasonable deal soon.

:beer::beer: Thanks for this. Watching.

#19 and # 49 this year and next years #1.

#5 = 1700 pts

#19 = 875 and #49 = 410; Total 1285

415 point difference, which is the value of actual mid 2nd round pick, but future draft trades almost always involve a +1 round value.

The 2017 draft 2nd round value is really a 1st round commodity in a 2016 trade.

Given the history of NFL draft trades, IMO this (2016; 19 + 49 overall + 2017 1st = 2016 #5) would be the trade.