2016 Draft LB thread

Beerball

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MatthewFairburn

Reggie Ragland visited the Buffalo Bills this week. Here's why I don't think he should be the pick at 19: https://t.co/wYLSrWWRAL

Same ol' arguments. People are still overthinking Ragland.

1. If you believe Ragland will be a leader in the middle of your defense, #19 is a good spot to get him,

2. Ragland's a slightly better athlete than Brown. Over .1 second faster in the 40, similar shuttle/cone times, and they swapped the vertical and long jumps. If Brown can play 3 downs in this defense, Ragland certainly can, without a doubt. His size and athleticism are in line with other ILBs around the league. I don't get this argument at all.

3. This is the best argument against drafting Ragland. If the Bills really like Preston and want to give him more time to grow into the MLB leadership role, then they shouldn't draft Ragland. I think they're open to upgrading that spot, though. Great defenses have great players down the middle (DT, ILB, FS).

You can make a good case for some other players at 19 (I'd love a DT, pass rusher, OT, or even a WR) but in regards to Ragland specifically, most of the reasons I hear for not drafting him sound like lazy generalizations.

Same ol' arguments. People are still overthinking Ragland.

1. If you believe Ragland will be a leader in the middle of your defense, #19 is a good spot to get him,

2. Ragland's a slightly better athlete than Brown. Over .1 second faster in the 40, similar shuttle/cone times, and they swapped the vertical and long jumps. If Brown can play 3 downs in this defense, Ragland certainly can, without a doubt. His size and athleticism are in line with other ILBs around the league. I don't get this argument at all.

3. This is the best argument against drafting Ragland. If the Bills really like Preston and want to give him more time to grow into the MLB leadership role, then they shouldn't draft Ragland. I think they're open to upgrading that spot, though. Great defenses have great players down the middle (DT, ILB, FS).

You can make a good case for some other players at 19 (I'd love a DT, pass rusher, OT, or even a WR) but in regards to Ragland specifically, most of the reasons I hear for not drafting him sound like lazy generalizations.

If you think Brown is serviceable or better I think you have to consider drafting towards need on defense.

How bad do the Bills need pash rushers from the LB spot and potentially a 4-3 alignment.

I have been backing off Reggie. ( not because of his play , but a best fit for the Bill). I am even shying from Lee a little.

I would take both or either if the pick was right.

Ragland is yet another reason i would prefer the Bills trade down. Whaley needs to get another second and third this year .

and concurrently find a way to get closer to next years first seems simple enough.

i won't B word about Reggie, but i would be surprised at 19

If you think Brown is serviceable or better I think you have to consider drafting towards need on defense.

How bad do the Bills need pash rushers from the LB spot and potentially a 4-3 alignment.

I have been backing off Reggie. ( not because of his play , but a best fit for the Bill). I am even shying from Lee a little.

I would take both or either if the pick was right.

Ragland is yet another reason i would prefer the Bills trade down. Whaley needs to get another second and third this year .

and concurrently find a way to get closer to next years first seems simple enough.

i won't B word about Reggie, but i would be surprised at 19

Yeah. Once again, the Bills can go a number of ways with that first pick. Whaley does a nice job of setting them up to take BPA every year. That's his philosophy. They should have plenty of good choices.

I won't be surprised by Reggie at 19.

A guy I could see being taken very late or as a UDFA is Wake Forest ILB Brandon Chubb. He caught my eye against ULM in 2014, racked up 18 tackles in that game and was everywhere. Posted pretty decent numbers at his Pro Day too:

6' 0 1/8", 235lbs, 4.68 40 time (1.60 10-yard split), 23 bench reps, 34" vertical, 121" broad jump, 4.22 short shuttle, 6.85 3-cone.

Apparently the Pats have already had him in for a workout.

That ULM game - (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKjsLsoHhtY)

Edited by Blokestradamus

Leonard Floyd is visiting today. How does everybody feel about him? I like his game but feel like he could add 10-15 lbs

i don't have a personal opinion because I've never seen him play, but from what I've read he is very versatile and would be a really good fit for what Rex likes to do. However I've not seen him available where we draft in the mocks I've done.

Leonard Floyd is visiting today. How does everybody feel about him? I like his game but feel like he could add 10-15 lbs

I don't know that he'll last until 19, but I do like him. He's definitely too light for his frame, but NFL workout programs have a way of fixing that. He'll need to get by on his pass rushing ability early on while he's figuring out the OLB position in the NFL, but I think he ceiling is Jason Taylor.

Yeah. Once again, the Bills can go a number of ways with that first pick. Whaley does a nice job of setting them up to take BPA every year. That's his philosophy. They should have plenty of good choices.

I won't be surprised by Reggie at 19.

Thats a fair opinion.

What i have read about versatility has me liking him. Probably Rex & Rob do too .

Teams outside of the top 1o trying to push down his value?

@NFL_CFB

With medical recheck complete, health of Jack's knee drawing mixed opinions (via @RapSheet) http://on.nfl.com/1SfhzXI

CgGAWjmWEAAVWrf.jpg

@AaronNagler

My hunch is the teams who reportedly have "concerns" about Myles Jack's medical recheck most likely reside just outside the Top 10.

@ChrisBurke_SI

Chris Burke Retweeted Aaron Nagler

Trust no one.

@JennyVrentas

Myles Jack earlier this week said his surgery saved entire meniscus, 8 sutures will prevent bone-on-bone grinding.

I'm very interested in this report.

@RapSheet

Jaylon Smith's draft status hinges on risk/reward & what chances teams are willing to take. If doc reports are positive is he a Friday pick?

@RapSheet

Teams are still reviewing info on #ND LB Jaylon Smith (knee) after rechecks. But I'm told his report wasn't much different from the Combine.

#ND LB Jaylon Smith, who was a top 5 pick before the injury, is expected to sit out 2016. Many teams believe he'll be back to form in 2017.