2016 Draft D-line thread

Beerball

If we cant get Rankins or Reed in the 1st i would take Adolphus washington in the 2nd and take a LB like aylon smith or Ragland if they are there in the 1st. peep this highlight of Adolphus Washington, seems to get doubled a lot and could be a good NT (might not be fast enough in the NFL) and we move Dareus to the end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSQDkgO6iEM

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have decided that Vernon Butler is my new guy that I want to like but I don't. Last year, it was Carl Davis.

So many times he's there to make a play but he doesn't. Athletically, he's just a touch below what I like. He can get a bit lazy, there's also a temper there that he needs to control. Not a bad player by any stretch of the imagination, just don't see the 1st rounder some rave about.

I'm with you. Just say no the first 2 rounds with Vernon Butler.

I see a run stuffing NT, not a sack machine. hopefully a good 4th or 5th round pick up. Love his nose for the run stuff from that video, whats his projected round and pick?

I think he's widely considered a day 3 pick, and Id have no compunction about drafting him in the 4th if his play vs Alabama is what we can expect from him long-term

I think he's widely considered a day 3 pick, and Id have no compunction about drafting him in the 4th if his play vs Alabama is what we can expect from him long-term

He's a hard guy to put a value on for a number of reasons. Only ever been a rotational guy, doesn't play many 3rd downs, not a pass rusher. He probably tops out at a 40% of snaps type of guy.

I also think he's not likely to be a 1st year starter. I think he might need some time to adapt his physique and technique a little.

If he can be a 3 year starter at around 700k a year, that's priceless for a team with cap issues.

He's a hard guy to put a value on for a number of reasons. Only ever been a rotational guy, doesn't play many 3rd downs, not a pass rusher. He probably tops out at a 40% of snaps type of guy.

I also think he's not likely to be a 1st year starter. I think he might need some time to adapt his physique and technique a little.

If he can be a 3 year starter at around 700k a year, that's priceless for a team with cap issues.

More or less where I have him.

I basically pegged him for a guy that can play 30ish snaps/game as a rookie and keep the LBs clean against the run.

This team doesn't lack for interior pass rushers, so I'm not at all bothered by his 2-down stigma.

More or less where I have him.

I basically pegged him for a guy that can play 30ish snaps/game as a rookie and keep the LBs clean against the run.

This team doesn't lack for interior pass rushers, so I'm not at all bothered by his 2-down stigma.

He's a space eater and that's all you need. Stand there and hold ground against a double team. He's shown the ability to do that already.

Obviously you don't invest too highly in that and maybe you don't keep him around for a 2nd contract but he can be useful. As you said, 4th round would be good value. Not many guys in that range will be capable of playing straight away.

Good stuff.

Hey, I'd use your Vines you post on Twitter a lot more if you named the player in your tweet.

Thanks!

Thanks. I'm really lazy with my Vines these days but I'll bear that in mind. I use an alternate Twitter account just to keep them organised because Vine is a pain for finding my own stuff.

Just want to add Rex's draft history as a reason that they'll select a DT @ 19.

Between 2009-2014, 6 of 7 first round picks for the Jets were either a DT or DB ( 3 DTs, 2CBs and a S)

It's obvious what Rex values. Given the current team needs and depth at the position, I would not be surprised to see the Bills go DT in the first

Let's talk Kevin Dodd. Watching him at the moment and I'm just not feeling him as a 1st round pick.

Guys he reminds me of are Kony Ealy (late 2nd) and Kareem Martin (late 3rd). He's also 24 before preseason starts.

Agree. Dodd is a guy who will shoot up draft boards and be one of the 5 most-overdrafted. One-year wonder, stats are skewed due to who he played against, very limited moves when he attacks. Value for Bills is at RD3#80, but he won't make it there.

Agree. Dodd is a guy who will shoot up draft boards and be one of the 5 most-overdrafted. One-year wonder, stats are skewed due to who he played against, very limited moves when he attacks. Value for Bills is at RD3#80, but he won't make it there.

He's good against the run, assignment-sound kind of guy, he'll be a functional starter for a while. Would prefer him to go to a full time 4-3 team.

As you said, not a lot of variety to his pass rush. I don't see him being highly productive and age might limit growth potential.

He's good against the run, assignment-sound kind of guy, he'll be a functional starter for a while. Would prefer him to go to a full time 4-3 team.

As you said, not a lot of variety to his pass rush. I don't see him being highly productive and age might limit growth potential.

I said one-year wonder. I want to correct myself. 5-week wonder. This guy's getting RD1 hype but a year ago, Dodd made 8 tackles in a season. A Season!!!

Let's talk Kevin Dodd. Watching him at the moment and I'm just not feeling him as a 1st round pick.

Guys he reminds me of are Kony Ealy (late 2nd) and Kareem Martin (late 3rd). He's also 24 before preseason starts.

kiper has the Bills taking him in his mock from last Thursday.

FYI

@LukeEasterling It's interesting that I've seen some mocks saying Spence bombed Senior Bowl interviews. Any thoughts?

@lukeeasterling

I've only seen one specific report about that & frankly, I just don't believe it. This week will tell, though.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@viccarucci

University of Mississippi DE Robert Nkemdiche answers tough questions about his off-field behavior at #NFLCombine.

CcKR5ccUkAAi7Qa.jpg

@JoeBuscaglia

Why will him being lazy on plays during college improve in the NFL? Nkemdiche: Because I know what's at stake.

Nkemdiche said he tarnished his name with the mistake that he made this offseason.

By far the most interesting press conference thus far.

@SalSports

Robert Nkemdiche: "There's times I didn't finish. There's times I was lazy on some plays....But I'm going to keep growing as a player"

@TyDunne

Robert Nkemdiche said that he was drunk, not on drugs, when he fell out of the window in Atlanta. Teams all asking him about incident.

@ChrisBrownBills

DE Robert Nkemdiche admits to being drunk night he fell out of window, charged w/drug poss. too- he said b/c it went down in his hotel room.

Watch: Miss DT Robert Nkemdiche at Combine (4:03)
Mississippi defensive tackle and first round prospect Robert Nkemdiche meets the media at the 2016 NFL Combine in Indianapolis.

Watch: Alabama DT A'Shawn Robinson at Combine (4:11)
Alabama defensive tackle and first round prospect A'Shawn Robinson meets with the media at the 2016 NFL Combine in Indianapolis.

Buckner also with a 5.06! Crazy for these big guys!

UCLA's Clark with a 5.07!

This is a perfect draft for the Bills to reload the front seven. Bye Mario!

Clemson's Dodd with a 4.86. A guy to keep an eye on for the Bills.

DT Hargrave with a 4.94!

Yep, with this draft Rex will have no more excuses for the D. Should be able to get what he needs.

I have a feeling we're not drafting many offensive players, if we stick to BPA